Arch Manning Being "Arch"

LTtxfan

LOOK: Texas QB Arch Manning's Panini America Card Sold For Record Price

Texas Longhorns quarterback Arch Manning made a pretty penny with his first name, image and likeness deal, but he's donating it all to charity.

CASEY SMITH      AUG 1, 2023 

Move over Peyton Manning, there's a new sheriff in town — when it comes to trading cards.

Texas Longhorns quarterback Arch Manning recently had his first Panini America card auctioned off for $102,500, surpassing a 1-of-1 of Dallas Mavericks guard Luka Doncic which was sold for $100,000 as the most expensive Panini card. The proceeds from the autographed Throwback Black Prizm card will all be donated to a "Central Texas nonprofit through St. David’s Healthcare and St. David’s Foundation," Manning said on Instagram July 25.

Getting my first Panini trading card is something I couldn’t have imagined growing up,” Manning said in a statement to On3. “Working with Panini to have my first trading card benefit the larger community is special. Helping children live healthy and fulfilling lives is something that has always been important to my family.”

Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian said the card was a "cool deal" at his media availability Tuesday.

"I did not (buy the card)," Sarkisian said. "I don't have that much money."

Manning surpasses his uncle, Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning, having sold the most expensive card in family history. Peyton's most expensive card was sold for $71,988.88.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Maalik to LB? Or, can he catch? Guy with his size who knows the playbook might make a TE...

Dude is not athletic enough for any other position really. He’ll be throwing ropes in a pro style offense somewhere else if Manning beats him out.

56 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dude is not athletic enough for any other position really. He’ll be throwing ropes in a pro style offense somewhere else if Manning beats him out.

Yeah I can’t see him staying. He’d be a quality portal pick up for sure.