Week 3 2023: Wyoming @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

55 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

PSA for those looking for a streaming option, and not exactly in LHN's typical carriage territory.

VidGo has a "first month for $20" going on, and their base (plus) package has LHN.

I used this last year and it worked fine. (Note I also used it to log into ESPN and streamed from there, but either way works.)

It's obviously not a free trial, but $20 for a months worth works out in the end. Plus no having to do weird things just to get a random stream onto your TV.

define weird

Why does every game week thread break down into a shitty music discussion (see Week 1 Rice)?  Can't we have the sponsors pick what runaway train line we'll pick each week:  Tv gameshows, 70s hair styles, worst country in the world,  hottest woman you've ever met, best bar fight.  There are hundreds of choices but here we are:  Shitty Music and Cheese Puns - Welcome to Surly Game Week. 

Gouda thing it's Friday.  

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/13/2023 at 10:08 AM, Doc Daneeka said:

Oklahoma State got every possible good thing going their way in the first half of that game. It was about half Texas playing down and about half Oklahoma State playing well and getting bounces. There was never, imo, the “wtf is this bullshit” feeling of the A&M game. It was more like the Washington Generals raining threes to start the game. 

I was at the Aggy game in 05. We weren’t playing great, but i never felt like we would lose. Hell, the Aggy fans never felt they could win.

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

I was at the Aggy game in 05. We weren’t playing great, but i never felt like we would lose. Hell, the Aggy fans never felt they could win.

It never felt like Texas was going to lose, but it was much more frustrating to watch even than the Oklahoma State game. 

The closest I got to thinking Texas could lose in 2005 was USC’s next to last possession. A stop was do or die. I thought Texas might need a turnover. Didn’t get one, but the fumble before the fourth down cost them some field position. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

It never felt like Texas was going to lose, but it was much more frustrating to watch even than the Oklahoma State game. 

The closest I got to thinking Texas could lose in 2005 was USC’s next to last possession. A stop was do or die. I thought Texas might need a turnover. Didn’t get one, but the fumble before the fourth down cost them some field position. 

Yeah, we never really opened the giant can of whoop ass that we all felt we should have been able to open on them that season.

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:

My teenager and a bunch of his buddies are going tomorrow. Any suggestions on parking? Intramural fields and shuttle? Is that still a thing?.
I always park at my homie's condo and walk, but they will be in multiple vehicles.

https://www.texasmemorialstadium.com/public-transport/#:~:text=Fan Services shuttles at football,gates%2C pregame%2C and postgame.

Short answer, yes.

1 hour ago, GTNY said:

Lots of blowout predictions here for a team that beat tech, and is a standard letdown game for us. Think it’ll be much closer. 

Did you watch the extended highlights of the Tech game? Tech dropped their pants, turned around, and asked to be treated rough. Wyo is good enough at football to take a win that's handed to them.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Did you watch the extended highlights of the Tech game? Tech dropped their pants, turned around, and asked to be treated rough. Wyo is good enough at football to take a win that's handed to them.

Seeing this makes me wonder what type of aircraft do our teams fly in, for example to the Bama game? Yes it s likely a charter but does it have larger seats? What airframe? Anyone know?

5 hours ago, Born to Run said:
5 hours ago, cafe society said:

Thank you. Any real world experience on availability at IM?

That info looks old. I don't know if it's still accurate.  The link to the shuttle webpage gives an error and appears to be from 2018.  The company that operated the Longhorn Express Shuttle went out of business during covid.  Last I heard from CDC, they have not found a suitable replacement.  They did have a discussion with a San Antonio based bus company, but I don't know if anything came of it. 

Maybe someone has newer information, but as far as I know, the shuttle service is still gone.  They want to bring it back, but can't find a provider.