Week 3 2023: Wyoming @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

From UT re: the LEDs and light show

Download the Texas Longhorns app to be a part of our Horns Lights Show!
Make sure you have the Texas Longhorns app downloaded before the game and be in your seats during the second half for our Horns Lights show! To participate, just open the Texas Longhorns app and hit the Horns Lights icon at the bottom. Click here for links to download the app on Apple or Android devices. 
  • Rage+1 2

Big Boi and Andre 3000 have been fire since jump... loved Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, that album is classic. Hootie Hooo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5Po252d_U

Big Boi still makes good music, a lot of great collaborations recently. 

I don't know if the younger generation listens to him, but this old guy is excited to see him.

• Hook 'Em 6

I can't fathom how the team can possibly be focused on Wyoming right now. Sark's getting interviewed today about the Alabama game, still. This thread dropped to the second page for me, man! While the Bama thread is still on top.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 1

I can't fathom how the team can possibly be focused on Wyoming right now. Sark's getting interviewed today about the Alabama game, still. This thread dropped to the second page for me, man! While the Bama thread is still on top.

Try this…

Any coach or player-leader, “Remember how great you felt after almost beating Alabama and thinking you were all that, only to lose to shitty TT two weeks later? Or scrape by a crap Iowa St team at home after trouncing ou? And then losing to osu? mf osu? You really going back there??? Are you listening to the bullshit or are you going to stomp shit?”

But, you’re right. The media love trap is evil.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

No matter how good this season potentially gets,  there are going to be pussy ass bitches worrying about everything.

Probably the same people who predicted Bama to win by 21 points.

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, TornACL said:

No matter how good this season potentially gets,  there are going to be pussy ass bitches worrying about everything.

Probably the same people who predicted Bama to win by 21 points.

Naw, I didn't predict Bama to win, because I didn't have a prediction on min--HEY WAIT JUST A DARN MINUTE

14 hours ago, DreadHead said:

Big Boi and Andre 3000 have been fire since jump... loved Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, that album is classic. Hootie Hooo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5Po252d_U

Big Boi still makes good music, a lot of great collaborations recently. 

I don't know if the younger generation listens to him, but this old guy is excited to see him.

reminder that The Ringer did a 50 best Outkast songs ranked that's worth your time

https://www.theringer.com/music/2020/10/29/21538412/best-outkast-songs-ranked

even though they have The Way You Move way too low, Rosa Parks maybe also too low even though its in the top 10

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Rimbo said:

6 hours ago, SKA the boss said:

Try this…

Any coach or player-leader, “Remember how great you felt after almost beating Alabama and thinking you were all that, only to lose to shitty TT two weeks later? Or scrape by a crap Iowa St team at home after trouncing ou? And then losing to osu? mf osu? You really going back there??? Are you listening to the bullshit or are you going to stomp shit?”

But, you’re right. The media love trap is evil.

IMO how the team plays vs Wyoming will be an indicator of how we finish the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, NoName said:

reminder that The Ringer did a 50 best Outkast songs ranked that's worth your time

https://www.theringer.com/music/2020/10/29/21538412/best-outkast-songs-ranked

even though they have The Way You Move way too low, Rosa Parks maybe also too low even though its in the top 10

Jazzybelle needs more respect too.

37 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMO how the team plays vs Wyoming will be an indicator of how we finish the season.

i said before the Bama game that the game i cared the least about from the last decade was Rice, as long as they won. i stand by that.

the game i care the 2nd least about this year is a non conference home game vs Wyoming where Texas is favored by 30 points.

"indicator of how we finish the season" - so if they give up 2 TDs in the 4th Q while playing a bunch of true and RS freshmen on defense, and Texas only wins by 28 points vs 42 you are going to be worked up? lol if Arch plays the entire 4th Q throwing to Niblett, Cook and Moore and leads 1 TD drive out of 3 are you going to be worried about how they finish the season?!

this is the worst take ive seen on Texas all week.

"yeah, they just beat the doors off of Alabama on the road, but play Wyoming this week at home and are favored by 30 points. but how they play vs Woming really is going to set the tone for the rest of the season - not Alabama, not OU - Wyoming!"

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, NoName said:

i said before the Bama game that the game i cared the least about from the last decade was Rice, as long as they won. i stand by that.

the game i care the 2nd least about this year is a non conference home game vs Wyoming where Texas is favored by 30 points.

"indicator of how we finish the season" - so if they give up 2 TDs in the 4th Q while playing a bunch of true and RS freshmen on defense, and Texas only wins by 28 points vs 42 you are going to be worked up? lol if Arch plays the entire 4th Q throwing to Niblett, Cook and Moore and leads 1 TD drive out of 3 are you going to be worried about how they finish the season?!

this is the worst take ive seen on Texas all week.

"yeah, they just beat the doors off of Alabama on the road, but play Wyoming this week at home and are favored by 30 points. but how they play vs Woming really is going to set the tone for the rest of the season - not Alabama, not OU - Wyoming!"

This game has the makings of a let down game, not saying that we're going to lose at all. In the past we would have a big win and the next week com out flat and look like shit once we get all the hype. How we play after the Bama game against a 2-0 Wyoming team that has beaten Tech sets the stage for how this team will look moving through Big 12 play. 

What if we come out look like shit and only win 24-10 or 28-14? I am not talking about garbage time when I say this. I want to see Texas come out firing and lighting up Wyoming and look like the #4 team in the nation, look like the team that is getting all this publicity and not like a Texas team we've seen in the past after a big victory.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This game has the makings of a let down game, not saying that we're going to lose at all. In the past we would have a big win and the next week com out flat and look like shit once we get all the hype. How we play after the Bama game against a 2-0 Wyoming team that has beaten Tech sets the stage for how this team will look moving through Big 12 play. 

What if we come out look like shit and only win 24-10 or 28-14? I am not talking about garbage time when I say this. I want to see Texas come out firing and lighting up Wyoming and look like the #4 team in the nation, look like the team that is getting all this publicity and not like a Texas team we've seen in the past after a big victory.

As said before, even Georgia has letdown games against the Mizzous of the world. It happens, as long as you win them.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

What if we come out look like shit and only win 24-10 or 28-14? I am not talking about garbage time when I say this. I want to see Texas come out firing and lighting up Wyoming and look like the #4 team in the nation, look like a team that is getting the how good we publicity now. 

keep in mind that TTU scored 33 points on Wyoming and had 431 yards of offense and that FCS Portland State scored 17 and had 344 yards.

also keep in mind that Texas just scored 34 points on the road vs Alabama and had 454 yards.

but sure. maybe they will only score 24 or 28 points on a bad defense after putting up 34 vs fucking Alabama.

Tom Herman isn't the coach of this team. Charlie Strong isn't the coach of this team.

if you think Texas, the Texas who just lit up fucking Alabama on the road, with the best roster the team has had since 2009, is going to come home and not light up WYOMING at home, idk what to say.

it's incredible that you contracted Battered Aggie Syndrome 5 days after the biggest Texas win since 2009.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

keep in mind that TTU scored 33 points on Wyoming and had 431 yards of offense and that FCS Portland State scored 17 and had 344 yards.

also keep in mind that Texas just scored 34 points on the road vs Alabama and had 454 yards.

but sure. maybe they will only score 24 or 28 points on a bad defense after putting up 34 vs fucking Alabama.

Tom Herman isn't the coach of this team. Charlie Strong isn't the coach of this team.

if you think Texas, the Texas who just lit up fucking Alabama on the road, with the best roster the team has had since 2009, is going to come home and not light up WYOMING at home, idk what to say.

it's incredible that you contracted Battered Aggie Syndrome 5 days after the biggest Texas win since 2009.

What are you even trying to argue? I'm saying I want us to come out firing and not have a let down game as we have had in the past....I don't think that's unreasonable. It's important to see in a game like this how our players react to the success moving forward that will set the tone for conference play. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What are you even trying to argue? I'm saying I want us to come out firing and not have a let down game as we have had in the past....I don't think that's unreasonable. It's important to see in a game like this how our players react to the success moving forward that will set the tone for conference play. 

this seems to be going over your head, so let me make it as clear as possible:

i'm saying you are being fucking dumb, because you are being fucking dumb.

you are worried about or think that Texas, who just scored 34 points on the road, against ALABAMA is only going to score 24 or 28 points at home, against a Wyoming defense who just gave up 17 points to an FCS team? and who gave up 33 points to TTU?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, NoName said:

this seems to be going over your head, so let me make it as clear as possible:

i'm saying you are being fucking dumb, because you are being fucking dumb.

you are worried about or think that Texas, who just scored 34 points on the road, against ALABAMA is only going to score 24 or 28 points at home, against a Wyoming defense who just gave up 17 points to an FCS team? and who gave up 33 points to TTU?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

You're just looking to talk shit....so glad you finally did it. Good job, way to finally speak from your chest.