2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
17 hours ago, Zeus said:
They can go get Jimmy G or Kurt Cousins to backup Dak like they did with Red Rocket. 

Jimmy G is grade A dogshit.

Yeah lol that was the point of the post

They can fuck around more or tank and draft well

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Negotiating by trashing the guy through the media, let's see how that works out for them.

The only entity I saw reporting this was 105.3 The Fan. Is Jerry funneling this through them, since they are the flagship station? The Fan is a clownshow and operates like high school lunchroom gossip. I see PFT and NBC running with it, but the only thing they quote is the vague The Fan "report". Clarence Hill said no one of any authority has these opinions of Parsons. So not sure if Jerry and company are just dangling this out there to see how much traction this gains. And if this is really the case, who the fuck would want to sign here long term knowing the front office runs internal smear campaigns when it comes time for contract talk.

Is it Parsons platform of his podcast and how active he is on social media the issue? I do agree he's pretty corny in how he comes across on there but my biggest beef is how he disappears 3 years in a row in the playoffs. That is definitely a legit conversation to have to see if the massive contract he is about to get is really warranted. Could also be how they use him through the year, where he just runs out of gas by the end of the season. Parsons is going to get paid regardless, either from Dallas or another team. Trading Parsons immediately signals a rebuild. But wouldn't trust this front office to get full value for Parsons. Notorious for overpaying when trading for a player and getting way under market value when trading a player (see Amari Cooper). 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Negotiating by trashing the guy through the media, let's see how that works out for them.

The Dallas Cowboys are just a punchline at this point. So glad I stopped giving a fuck about them. I still watch the games, but I expect them to choke when they hit the playoffs, and they keep delivering. I have no hope left for this shit show.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Well it's good they're taking this tactic because we all know Micah handles criticism well and won't take to social media or a podcast to air his side for others to hear.

This organization is the clowniest of clown shows. I vacillate between wanting to see them do well because of my historical love of the club and hoping they become the Cleveland Browns. I thought Stephen might be a different owner than Jerry but he'll be just as shitty if not worse once Jerry receives his great reward. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

Signing Royce Freeman. A 28 year old journeyman RB who’s had a single season over 500 yards. If he’s paid more than min he’s stealing from Jerry.

Yeah he’s JAG, but he was badass at Oregon. Maybe he can do something next year with Dak. 

Speaking of "All In", let's take a look at what Stephen Jones really means. Lmao. This front office is a clownshow.

I will quote it below for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (not sure if non Twitter users can read posts)

"

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan
 on Jerry Jones saying Dallas would be "all in" this season: "Everybody has their own definition of what that means, but I've never not known us to be all in, nor have I known anyone we compete against not to be all in."

What does he say to fans that don't believe the Cowboys have been "all in" this offseason?

"We spend max, max money year in and year out. All 32 can only spend the same amount of money over a five-year stretch. When we're all said and done, we max out our salary cap every year. We will have done that. What comes with having a good roster, which we do, we're also looking towards signing our own guys.

"It doesn't mean it happens overnight. But when you're wanting to sign players like Dak (Prescott) and Micah (Parsons) and CeeDee (Lamb), then you have to hold money back if you want to have a realistic chance of signing those guys."

image.thumb.png.0e2dccebb5a230fce746dd12fa01b461.png 

is this the low point for america’s team?  look at that half-retarded rapist.  he’s the face of the dallas cowboys.  hopefully for 17 more games and then gone forever.  what an unbelievable curse he has been.  worst quarterback in franchise history. 

7 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

Dak couldn’t win with the 93 Cowboys.

So very true. The one great trait about Aikman- he could play a high stakes game against a top opponent and not make a big error. A lot of really talented QBs don’t have that trait. 

If you had a mediocre team, you want Steve Young or Favre, who can create something out of nothing. If you have the ‘92-‘95 Cowboys, you want Aikman. 

Edited by statsman

On 4/20/2024 at 1:03 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Three rings + 1 never was + 1 never will be = three rings one hand.

I really think Romo might have done something with these recent 12-5 teams. He never had that much talent.

Romo literally had more talented teams in 06-09, and 14 was probably just behind.

We really disparaging a QB who's had Three straight 12 win seasons cause the TEAM doesn't go that far.

This is why I'm so disgusted the Cowboys are fucking up the QB situation. They're literally going to lose a Franchise QB cause some idiots don't understand what good QB play is at all.

This fanbase deserves the 30+ years of mediocracy...we trashed Romo and we trash Dak when the problem is, and has ALWAYS been,  the guys at the fucking top.

• Like 1

Three rings + 1 never was + 1 never will be = three rings one hand.

I really think Romo might have done something with these recent 12-5 teams. He never had that much talent.

Stop with this Romo mystique. He was a playoff loser. He had plenty of chances and failed.

Eli Manning doesn't even sniff 2 Super Bowls if Romo took care of business in 2007 and 2011.

Romo played with Murray, TO, Dez and Witten. This notion that he didn't have any talent is false. It was there but his teams played small when it mattered most. Exactly like what we have now except for some reason, he gets a ton of excuses made.

Didn't Romo have multiple years where all they had to do was beat shitty Washington teams one time in the last week of the season and they woulda made the playoffs? And they ended up losing? Sorry I get my loser QBs mixed up sometimes.

Edited by Pam Cummings

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Stop with this Romo mystique. He was a playoff loser. He had plenty of chances and failed.

Eli Manning doesn't even sniff 2 Super Bowls if Romo took care of business in 2007 and 2011.

Romo played with Murray, TO, Dez and Witten. This notion that he didn't have any talent is false. It was there but his teams played small when it mattered most. Exactly like what we have now except for some reason, he gets a ton of excuses made.

The problem is and always has been that only washed up losers and yes men will ever coach for Jerry. Fans here still calling Dak a loser after Dan Fucking Quinn let someone named Jordan Love complete pass after pass after pass to receivers without a defender within five yards. Down 21-0 within the first few minutes. If I were a successful college QB I’d tell Jerry to eat shit and pray he leaves me the fuck alone.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:15 PM, TonyTexas said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Dallas Cowboys GM 

Holy Fk 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Guessing we go WR, RB, WR, WR, RB, QB, K

We need all them in the first round but we only have 38.00 in cap space 

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Good thing they were out in front of things and let the Lions get a deal on Aman-Ra St Brown at 4/120, 77 guaranteed, before getting something done for CeeDee

Hey, Jerrah's just out there playing option QB..... just keeping his options open as he runs towards the sideline.  He's the greatest option QB that ever lived..... he'll tell you so.

It's now reached the comical phase of Jerrah's dementia where he regales us with all of his skills and tries to gaslight an entire fanbase like they're some low level prostitute from Mexico he used to throw away on his nightly Johnnie Walker binges.  Is Will McClay keeping this entire franchise afloat with solid drafting and UDFA's?  Feels like it and I always thought he was just above-average but having to deal with two fucking shitstains like the Jones boys, maybe I'ver underestimated him.  Maybe he's fucking Tex Schramm with an attitude..... JFC, please let the IRS or FBI raid the Jones' and force a sale.  Or have them both go on a 3 hour tour aboard the USS Minnow.... The fanbase deserves so much better.

I have never gone into a draft day where the Cowboys actually had a first round pick with total and utter "meh" in my life.

I really can't find the energy to care honestly.

I'm sure they'll pick some good player, or, hopefully, trade back a few spots to get an extra 3rd/4th to give them more chances...but I just don't care right now.  Maybe it changes by the time the pick comes around.

This offseason has destroyed my excitement for the team.  Not even that stupid playoff loss could do that...the way they handled FA...the way they are legitimately trying to sabotage Parsons for having a Podcast...not paying Lamb who is the one guy they shouldn't even think about...and the way they're doing Dak. Just disgusting.

Sure, they'll hit on some players...maybe add some fringe FA that makes an impact...and DAk will be great again. They'll win 10-11 games again and challenge for the East again...but they simply do NOT CARE about the actual team or improving it. 

They cash poor despite having the richest and most valuable team on the planet, the Biggest BRAND in the sport...they fucking grifters and i can't stand it. 

11 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hey, Jerrah's just out there playing option QB..... just keeping his options open as he runs towards the sideline.  He's the greatest option QB that ever lived..... he'll tell you so.

It's now reached the comical phase of Jerrah's dementia where he regales us with all of his skills and tries to gaslight an entire fanbase like they're some low level prostitute from Mexico he used to throw away on his nightly Johnnie Walker binges.  Is Will McClay keeping this entire franchise afloat with solid drafting and UDFA's?  Feels like it and I always thought he was just above-average but having to deal with two fucking shitstains like the Jones boys, maybe I'ver underestimated him.  Maybe he's fucking Tex Schramm with an attitude..... JFC, please let the IRS or FBI raid the Jones' and force a sale.  Or have them both go on a 3 hour tour aboard the USS Minnow.... The fanbase deserves so much better.

Imagine the absolute bidding war over the Cowboys.  There would be Sheiks and Moguls from all over the world desperate to buy the Cowboys...not sure that's a great thing, but they'd probably just let football guys do their jobs, and if they sucked, fired them and moved on.

Romo literally had more talented teams in 06-09, and 14 was probably just behind.

We really disparaging a QB who's had Three straight 12 win seasons cause the TEAM doesn't go that far.
This is why I'm so disgusted the Cowboys are fucking up the QB situation. They're literally going to lose a Franchise QB cause some idiots don't understand what good QB play is at all.

This fanbase deserves the 30+ years of mediocracy...we trashed Romo and we trash Dak when the problem is, and has ALWAYS been,  the guys at the fucking top.

So you’re onboard giving Dak $300/5 years? Fuck that shit. He’s not a big game QB. He gets worse in January at a time winning QBs take their teams in heir shoulders. Daks late season feet, mechanics and decisions get worse as season goes and then is nervous as a whore in church in early playoffs. And Jerry is correct. Dak is going to eat a lot of cap so he won’t have as good a crew. Over and over. He is Cousins. Taking the position that it’s hard to find a better one so give him a huge contract is not the way to go.

I would have fired fat Mike and seen what Dak can do in 24 with another offense. It’s basically still the Garrett/Linehan/Moore/ offense with some fucking Texas Coast decorations.

I would seek a trade for micah and a ton of picks.

this draft:

1. Holder
2. wild card position but coming off late season triple ACL surgery, and facing criminal domestic violence charges.
3. wishbone QB
4. drop kick expert
5. victory formation guard
6. high IQ player, runs 6.4 40
7. foreign player who has never seen a football game
7. a woman
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

this draft:

1. Holder
2. wild card position but coming off late season triple ACL surgery, and facing criminal domestic violence charges.
3. wishbone QB
4. drop kick expert
5. victory formation guard
6. high IQ player, runs 6.4 40
7. foreign player who has never seen a football game
7. a woman

Ribby?