Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

4 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

The roll looked way worse on the close up views from behind than it did in that clip.

Yeah. The close up view they showed after the injury timeout was the best shot of it. I can't post a screen cap, but it is shown just after the commercial break. 

I actually think the twist was dirty but the damage was already done before that point. Very unfortunate for that young man.

A little off topic but I wonder if the NCAA should consider extending the regular season by one week and adding a 2nd bye week. Of course injuries are part of the game but the athletes bodies are faster and stronger than ever and more prone to injuries. Additional rest time “may” help reduce these major injuries.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Brooks ain’t playing next year.

Why? Corum tore his about the same time last year and was back this year for Michigan. Pretty much at the exact same point of the season as well.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38082789/michigan-rb-blake-corum-cleared-2022-knee-injury

Edited by BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

A little off topic but I wonder if the NCAA should consider extending the regular season by one week and adding a 2nd bye week. Of course injuries are part of the game but the athletes bodies are faster and stronger than ever and more prone to injuries. Additional rest time “may” help reduce these major injuries.

I know it'll never happen but I'd love it if there were a Winter break of some sort

Just now, Fondren & Main said:

No just the recovery time means he’s holding a clipboard next year no matter what.  Rising still hasn’t played for Utah.

Not necessarily... depends on the severity of the knee injury.  Some players are back to as close to 100% as possible in 6-9mos. 

1. Brooks might be able to play for Texas next season if he wants. 
  2. He also might take full year off, and go to the 2025 NFL combine. 
  3. Third option is to enter the 2024 NFL draft and hope for a 5th or 6th Rd selection with no combine workout.

I could've won the lottery had I picked the right numbers.  It didn't happen at the beginning of the game.  It happened on a tackle in the middle of us sitting on and almost blowing yet another 20 point lead. 

I’m confused. So when we’re up by 2 or 3 scores early in the 4th quarter, we’re supposed to stay “all gas no brakes” but with our backups?
  • Haha 1

Yeah. The close up view they showed after the injury timeout was the best shot of it. I can't post a screen cap, but it is shown just after the commercial break. 

That’s the view I remember and where we were watching had massive projectors screens and it didn’t come off as a normal play. I have no idea if he hurt it earlier but definitely didn’t help.

People complain when Sark rotates guys with early leads.  Then people complain when Sark keeps the starters in to close the game out.  Sark had nothing to do with that injury.  Brooks was getting big runs and we were trying to kill the clock.  I think it was a 13 point game at that point.  

• Hook 'Em 7

10 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It wasn’t dirty at all.  If had held on for a second or two more and then more forcibly made a twist, then yes it would’ve been dirty AF.    But it’s not like the Rig 12 would’ve done anything about it anyway.  

Yup, he was just alligator rolling like al tacklers are taught now days.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

It wasn’t dirty at all.  If had held on for a second or two more and then more forcibly made a twist, then yes it would’ve been dirty AF.    But it’s not like the Rig 12 would’ve done anything about it anyway.  

He twisted his leg after the tackle and they rolled over, to where his foot was about a 45 degree angle. He did that for a reason as well as trying to make his ass land on his lower leg. Refs have nothing to do with that, and the damage is done already.  It's not really something you can flag but there's definitely intent beyond just getting him on the ground 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Guys shut the fuck up about the tcu player. They had nothing to do with this injury and directing or putting this on them isn’t ok. 

The board barely raised 3500 for NIL so I’m not sure where you guys think the fat stacks of cash are coming from to get him to come back. There is no reason for him to come back and play a full season of CFB again. I’m all for getting him to come back but he would be dumb to do it for anything other than Bijan 2022 money. 

He's an RB that won't be able to workout for teams. His draft stock is tanked he has to come back or risk going undrafted 

17 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

I actually think the twist was dirty but the damage was already done before that point. Very unfortunate for that young man.

The SEC basically already does that. Look at the directional schools they all play this weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Score a couple TD’s after halftime and he’s not in there in the 4th. Fuck! Sucks for the kid. 

Knees injuries are hard to predict.  JBrooks might already had a partial tear in that knee due to a completely different play in a game earlier this season.

So let's say JBrooks doesn't play in the 4th qtr yesterday, but then steps wrong early 1st qtr vs cyclones and completely tears ACL in a much more severe way... the impact on his NFL career might have ended up worse.

Hopefully it's an ACL tear with very little other structural damage to JBrooks knee.  If that's the case, he may still be able to have a decent NFL career.  🙏

20 minutes ago, victory88 said:

People complain when Sark rotates guys with early leads.  Then people complain when Sark keeps the starters in to close the game out.  Sark had nothing to do with that injury.  Brooks was getting big runs and we were trying to kill the clock.  I think it was a 13 point game at that point.  

I think the point is if we had taking a 20 point lead going into the 3rd and added some more points on there then you could've killed clock with someone that isn't your starter in the the 4th.   If we barely ever blew a 20 point lead I don't think anyone would be saying this, but it is the 3rd time in 3 weeks we've done it and it was also the norm last season to blow double digit 2nd half leads.  

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Knees injuries are hard to predict.  JBrooks might already had a partial tear in that knee due to a completely different play in a game earlier this season.

So let's say JBrooks doesn't play in the 4th qtr yesterday, but then steps wrong early 1st qtr vs cyclones and completely tears ACL in a much more severe way... the impact on his NFL career might have ended up worse.

Hopefully it's an ACL tear with very little other structural damage to JBrooks knee.  If that's the case, he may still be able to have a decent NFL career.  🙏

That's a good point, and also (sadly) a valid reason why he might have been seen as a bust if he'd been drafted in the first round. We really need Baxter to step up.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

No just the recovery time means he’s holding a clipboard next year no matter what.  Rising still hasn’t played for Utah.

That would really derail a lot. . 
it’s all about how his body bounces back

You go from a possible top 3 RB takeoff the board to being in college two more years and praying a nfl team takes a shot on you as an older RB. Sad man very sad. I know God has a plan for the young man though

53 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not necessarily... depends on the severity of the knee injury.  Some players are back to as close to 100% as possible in 6-9mos. 

1. Brooks might be able to play for Texas next season if he wants. 
  2. He also might take full year off, and go to the 2025 NFL combine. 
  3. Third option is to enter the 2024 NFL draft and hope for a 5th or 6th Rd selection with no combine workout.

2 isn’t likely given he’d have no game film post last night. Combine performance no matter how great won’t improve his draft position from where it was before 9 pm last night. 3 is a non starter unless he’s broke. That’d be horrible career advise. 

1 is likely unless rehab setbacks occur. He has a lot of eligibility left. He should focus on busting his ass in rehab and getting healthy for ‘24 here, and not worry about the NFL until ‘25 or even later. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Rising wasn't just an ACL:

"Rising tore multiple ligaments in his left leg, including his “meniscus, MPFL, and MCL.”

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Guys shut the fuck up about the tcu player. They had nothing to do with this injury and directing or putting this on them isn’t ok. 
The board barely raised 3500 for NIL so I’m not sure where you guys think the fat stacks of cash are coming from to get him to come back. There is no reason for him to come back and play a full season of CFB again. I’m all for getting him to come back but he would be dumb to do it for anything other than Bijan 2022 money. 

So he’s coming back then

Brooks is the perfect candidate to be drafted by Kyle Shanahan with a later round pick.  The 49ers are pretty good with taking injured college players with high upside.  It's a low risk high reward thing for them.  They struck gold with George Kittle and Deebo Samuel.  Plus I'm sure Shanahan follows the Horns pretty closely so he sees Brooks talent and his insider access to Texas should speak highly of him.  ACL/knee injuries used to be career enders.  Now they are pretty common and the rehab gets them back pretty close to 100 percent.

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We didn't do that. The vast majority of our plays our first two drives were passes. 

8 of the 11 plays were pass plays.. 

Let me translate:

shitty offense->Sark turtled

shitty defense:-> fucking PK and his prevent defense 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Now they are pretty common and the rehab gets them back pretty close to 100 percent.

I could have sworn that after the Neyor injury someone posted a study on this that was far more depressing than I ever realized. Especially for rb and wr. 

4 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Motherrrrrrr fuckerrrerrrr

rhis is on your sark you fucking trash can coach. Csnt keep a lead for shit against anyone.  When blue and Baxter should have been mopping up in garbage time we had to lean on our bad mother fucker to squeak out a win 

This is fucking stupid. Had he sat Brooks, you and everyone else would be bitching about Brooks not finishing them off. Shove a tampon in it.

• Hook 'Em 2

I guess he will just have to come back and win the Heisman and get a statue at DKR.

He is a unique runner at Texas. Not especially fast. Not especially powerful. No amazing cuts. But he has patience and vision that are really elite. He follows blockers perfectly and picks up 5 yards when it looks like the play is busted.

I don’t think an ACL tear is going to hugely impact him over the long term. And our line is going to be even better next year. Hopefully if he does decide to come back we reward him with a monster year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

This is true.  It’s just like TJ (Tommy John) for Pitchers.  It’s like riding on worn out tire, but because the tread on the edges looks good and your air pressure is not fluctuating, you assume you are good.   Then you get several miles down the road in the middle of no where and you have blow out.   That’s what happens to Pitchers.  I’ve seen a handful having a great game and then it happens.  The kid will say he had no pain or discomfort.  

8 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I guess he will just have to come back and win the Heisman and get a statue at DKR.

He is a unique runner at Texas. Not especially fast. Not especially powerful. No amazing cuts. But he has patience and vision that are really elite. He follows blockers perfectly and picks up 5 yards when it looks like the play is busted.

I don’t think an ACL tear is going to hugely impact him over the long term. And our line is going to be even better next year. Hopefully if he does decide to come back we reward him with a monster year.

ACL rehab has come a very long way in the last decade.   The better shape someone is before the ACL, the faster they will recover.    

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

We didn't do that. The vast majority of our plays our first two drives were passes. 

I’m not saying we solely ran. But after our inability to execute throws on vanilla pass plays, we punted quickly and Sark went away from the pass in subsequent drives. He fully went All Brakes. 

1 hour ago, HookEm said:

He doesn’t have elite breakaway speed but neither did Bijan. I think you undersell his speed, power and subtle cutting ability for a bigger back. I do agree his patience and vision are elite. He is a very good college RB. Definitely one of our best ever. He was having a ‘22 Bijan-like year.  

32 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

I’m not saying we solely ran. But after our inability to execute throws on vanilla pass plays, we punted quickly and Sark went away from the pass in subsequent drives. He fully went All Brakes. 

The all run drive was our best drive of the half and was only stopped because brooks got injured. 

The facts simply don't support your conclusion.

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1