Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

Haha, I got invited to interview Baker Mayfield and Vince Young tomorrow.

Tomorrow, Thursday, October 5, from 2:00 - 3:00 pm CT, two of college football's most impressive quarterbacks, Baker Mayfield from University of Oklahoma and Vince Young from University of Texas, are teaming up for a showdown of their own serving Sooners, Longhorns and hungry Customers alike at Raising Cane's in Dallas before their alma mater face off on Saturday in college football's most historied rivalry games.

We encourage you to share this news today, as fans should arrive early because Raising Cane's will be giving away two footballs signed by Young and Mayfield to two lucky customers! They'll also be handing out Cane's and football-themed swag to customers in line.

DETAILS 
WHAT: Baker Mayfield and Vince Young to work pregame “shift” before Red River Showdown
WHEN: Thursday, October 5, 2 - 3 p.m. CT 
WHERE: Raising Cane's, 701 W Illinois Ave, Dallas, TX 75224

Mayfield and Young will be available for press conference style in-person interviews towards the end of the event. We welcome your participation in this interview portion if you'll be in town. Please RSVP by sending me your best contact number and estimated arrival time.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I feel like I should be more nervous about this game, which I am of course. It’s ou weekend. But I feel confident we are going to win. I hate that feeling in this game. Fuck ou

This has always been the game I have the least apprehension about going in. It’s a big time rivalry game that is rarely any more than a tilt either way. Accepting the toss-upy nature of it is kind of liberating. We’ll see what happens. Liking the matchup this year more than most helps.

The week before always drags on long as hell though, goddamn. Friday afternoon needs to get here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Brennan Thompson may or may not be a factor on Saturday but I guarantee OU coaches sat down with him this week to extract trade secrets and insider information on our offense. 

Brennan, tell them that Quinn is going to pass a lot to Worthy, Mitchell, Wittington, Sanders, Cook, and Brooks.  And tell them that Brooks is running straight up their ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahaha. The guy wasn't getting on the field last year in large part due to his inability to learn the playbook and run routes correctly. I hope like hell that they're grilling him for information. 

Fuck that traitor. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This has always been the game I have the least apprehension about going in. It’s a big time rivalry game that is rarely any more than a tilt either way. Accepting the toss-upy nature of it is kind of liberating. We’ll see what happens. Liking the matchup this year more than most helps.

The week before always drags on long as hell though, goddamn. Friday afternoon needs to get here.

Holy shit yes, this week is DRAGGING.

And what's worse? We have a bye next weekend.

Our group missed the email this year and thus the ticket request deadline, so we will not be in the stadium for the first time in like 20 years...fucking bullshit. For those who have watched elsewhere on the fairgrounds in past years, is there a good spot where Texas fans usually congregate, or at least isn't completely overrun by okie trash?

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

this guy is a cunt through and through

There may have not been 2 bigger douchebags to ever play college football then Baker and Kyler.  Incredibly fitting both were Sooners.   It warms my heart to know Baker's shit dad stole millions of his shit son's fucking money.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Our group missed the email this year and thus the ticket request deadline, so we will not be in the stadium for the first time in like 20 years...fucking bullshit. For those who have watched elsewhere on the fairgrounds in past years, is there a good spot where Texas fans usually congregate, or at least isn't completely overrun by okie trash?

Toyota tent. Surly without tickets will be there. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

On their show today, Teddy Lehman said Quinn is an "average" QB and that basically any QB can successfully run Sark's offense. Also says OU has a "LARGE" advantage at QB. Ikard said their LT is better than Banks as well. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47t383rbwb5y1fkcqruk 

EDIT: Here's the video. Hilarious that they have been super complimentary of Texas all year and now we just aren't very good. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On their show today, Teddy Lehman said Quinn is an "average" QB and that basically any QB can successfully run Sark's offense

Like Casey Thompson and Hudson Card?

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

On their show today, Teddy Lehman said Quinn is an "average" QB and that basically any QB can successfully run Sark's offense. Also says OU has a "LARGE" advantage at QB. Ikard said their LT is better than Banks as well. 

Guyton plays RT. He said Banks is not the best tackle playing in this game. Not sure I agree, but his evidence was the Kansas tape. More specifically, Ikard believes the way to defeat Texas’ o-line is through the guards and I would agree there. 

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Brennan Thompson may or may not be a factor on Saturday but I guarantee OU coaches sat down with him this week to extract trade secrets and insider information on our offense. We already know from reports last year Thompson was the fastest player on our squad. 

Brennan Thompson? the guy who had 52 snaps last year on offense whose game high was 16 snaps vs OU last year? the guy who had 1 catch for the full season and didn't even get a word written about him in the Horns247 Texas Roster Departure Tracker when he entered the portal?

the guy who has 2 catches this entire year for OU? the guy who has been hurt for most of his CFB career?

lol

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

EDIT: Here's the video. Hilarious that they have been super complimentary of Texas all year and now we just aren't very good. 

I bet this guy dutch ovens himself because he loves the smell of his own shit. He clearly doesn't use an exhaust fan in his shitter either.

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

image.thumb.png.4593a4e0102edff9d3cd466fcd61c01a.pngBobby thinks that is funny.

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

More specifically, Ikard believes the way to defeat Texas’ o-line is through the guards. 

That's some Sooneresque high level analysis right there.  I better tune in and see what other mind blowing insights they have on the game.

11 minutes ago, Constant said:

Guyton plays RT. He said Banks is not the best tackle playing in this game. Not sure I agree, but his evidence was the Kansas tape. More specifically, Ikard believes the way to defeat Texas’ o-line is through the guards and I would agree there. 

I actually agree that Banks isn't the best tackle in this game. That's Christian Jones. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Skipper said:

There may have not been 2 bigger douchebags to ever play college football then Baker and Kyler.  Incredibly fitting both were Sooners.   It warms my heart to know Baker's shit dad stole millions of his shit son's fucking money.

image.png.03a64168b88b48c4ab705d313e12c485.png

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

And a de facto bye against an atrocious UH team after that in a stadium that will be 60% Horns fans. 

It won't be 60% Longhorns fans because Cougar High are stapling together an erector-set of rickety stands right now, that 2 days before the game Cougar High's president will tour and find them "unsafe" -- and that it's "too late" to do anything about it.

Then said-Cougar High president will announce proudly that Longhorns fans who have seats in the unsafe-rickety-stands are banned from the game, and that empty seats must remain empty (guarded by ushers & police) and no more allotment nor single-game seats will be sold to Longhorns fans.

It'll be something along those lines........ wait for it!

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ikard isn't quite the blowhard that Lehman is, but he usually puts Plank to shame. Guyton versus Banks is a good one. 

A realistic way to frame an OU win and still sound like a credible commentator is to assert that Gabriel will have the game of his life, that the Texas offense just doesn't really click and has some turnovers, and that OU wins special teams in a big and freaky way.

That could all happen and isn't absurd to ponder. Walking through an approach where OU's defense just whips Texas' ass on a head-on basis implies that the person espousing that has not watched Texas at all this season and is a full-on okie homer with a room temperature IQ. I guess Ikard qualifies on that front.

If you listen to the entire thing, they both do a good job explaining the tall order ahead. 

I stopped listening to that podcast when I heard "the Texas running game has not been great and is skewed because of Kansas." 

Brooks has rushed for 218, 106, and 164 yards in the last 3 weeks. He could have run for 200+ against Baylor if not for the blowout. It was pretty obvious the Texas running game was much better than people expected in the 2nd half of the Bama game when Texas ran it down their throats (i.e. arguably one of the top run defenses in the country).

Have these morons watched Texas at all the last 4 weeks? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I stopped listening to that podcast when I heard "the Texas running game has not been great and is skewed because of Kansas." 

Brooks has rushed for 218, 106, and 164 yards in the last 3 weeks. He could have run for 200+ against Baylor if not for the blowout. It was pretty obvious the Texas running game was much better than people expected in the 2nd half of the Bama game when Texas ran it down their throats (i.e. arguably one of the top run defenses in the country).

They're not analysts, they're religious-fanatics.

They get excommunicated if they compliment Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Constant said:

If you listen to the entire thing, they both do a good job explaining the tall order ahead. 

Only so much time in the day and my bloviating on this site isn't going to just take care of itself.

8 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I seriously don't think they watched anything besides KU.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Only so much time in the day and my bloviating on this site isn't going to just take care of itself.

Ikard did say T. Walker and J. Catalon are going to have the largest explosion of a collision in the history of football. I’d agree and hope Walker holds onto the football. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I also don't think people realize how good Wyoming's front 7 is in a game where Brooks ran for 164 yards and averaged 7.8 yards a carry. 

Wyoming has really limited 2 very good backs in Tahj Brooks (Tech) and Nate Noel (App State). It was discussed before the game, but Wyoming's front 7 would be middle of the pack good or better in the Big 12. 

From Bama, to Wyoming, to Baylor, to Kansas it looks like the Texas run game is getting better and better. I think that's the scary part of this Texas offense. The run game is improving each week. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Constant said:

Ikard did say T. Walker and J. Catalon are going to have the largest explosion of a collision in the history of football. I’d agree and hope Walker holds onto the football. 

Richard Peavy would disagree. So would Marcus DuPree if he could remember it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I also don't think people realize how good Wyoming's front 7 is in a game where Brooks ran for 164 yards and averaged 7.8 yards a carry. 

Wyoming has really limited 2 very good backs in Tahj Brooks (Tech) and Nate Noel (App State). It was discussed before the game, but Wyoming's front 7 would be middle of the pack good or better in the Big 12. 

From Bama, to Wyoming, to Baylor, to Kansas it looks like the Texas run game is getting better and better. I think that's the scary part of this Texas offense. The run game is improving each week. 

Wyoming also held the ball for 39 minutes, mostly by hogging the ball for most of the 3Q.   If Texas gets 1 or 2 more possessions, Brooks runs for 200+ 

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Coach Erwin said O-lines are typically not that good in Week 1.  Said it typically takes at least 3-4 weeks to really jell as a unit.  

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

30 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

They get excommunicated if they compliment Texas.

Their show after the Texas-Alabama Game.

"Number 11 Texas, went to #3 Alabama, and they whooped that ass! And we are Stupid, Stupid Idiots!"  - Ikard

"Um Hum! Um Hum! Um Hum!" - Lehman

Ikard & Lehman on Texas-Alabama

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1