Week 6, 2023: Red River shootout.

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Not sure if posted before or if will post at cue (25:50), but Q Cosby talking Texas-OU and how Lendy Holmes doesn't talk to him at charity events. 

I wonder if Lendy Holmes even remembers him or just remembers seeing the video. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I'm just not sure how much you can scheme around this Texas team. At some point you're going to get punished on either side of the ball. If it was so easy to just dial some shit up against us then we probably wouldn't have been spanking everyone on the schedule so far. 

I mean Kansas is good. They are better than anyone that OU has played. And once that thing got out of hand it really got out of hand. They needed our kicker to miss a couple to not lose by 30.

Our opponents have shown that we can be had on the deep ball a few times per game. Say OU does that and gets 17 points out of it. Where are the other points coming from? Where are the stops going to come from? 

This is a very, very good Texas team and even though we're 5 games in the buy-in doesn't seem to be all the way there yet. People around the country are still waiting for us to trip up and almost lose or lose a game. The thing is... I'm just not sure this team is going to do that. With past Texas teams I've had to hype myself up or hype up the team that THIS week we turn it around or THIS week we put it all together but with these guys I just kind of... let them play football. Because it speaks for itself.

If the Texas team that played Bama, Baylor and Kansas shows up then OU has very little chance. I'm not sure why that team wouldn't show up - although it's possible that they don't. 

We just aren't getting the benefit of the doubt yet - and that's totally fair. But as someone that has watched this team play five full games, and that is still sort of doubting them, all I can say for our opponents is...

morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif.9f5c88ea1966bda53a70ace6ed384beb.gif

OU got beat 49-0 last season. You would assume they are going to come in prepared and hungry. I don't think they understand how good Texas is this year - and they aren't going to understand it until we kick off tomorrow morning. 

Just go take care of business, Horns. 

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

After watching 5 of our last 6 wins vs ou each of the last 5 nights (not last year), it is apparent to me a major talent discrepancy existed between the teams. And this was in our wins.

QB, skill positions, lines…even in these wins they out-talented us. Their wins…f’gedaoudit.

Why the fuck is that?

Why does this mediocre school in a shit state continually have better players than The University of Texas when we play them?

I’m with @ztejas this team shows up it’s not in doubt. Maybe closer than it seems just like Bama but on the field an in the trenches ass whipping. Texas pulls away late.  The only way Texas loses is mistakes and a convergence of mistakes and play calling that sidetracks to a disconnected set of 3 and outs. It could happen but I think Sark is pretty damn hard to stop when he’s got the weapons and his players execute. This isn’t a Greg Davis offense the players have to over come. They come to play, they will be in a position to win and win walking away. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I was walking from a restaurant to our hotel downtown just now by myself. Wife and kids had gone ahead while I paid the bill and finished the wine. Standing at an intersection waiting for the lights to change. I’m in a burnt orange polo.
A car coming at me into the intersection and turning to their left honks hard and the passenger windows are open. Two okie females are hanging out of the windows and they’re screaming “fuck Texas!!” at me for whatever reason. One of them hocks a loogie in my direction but the wind and their turning motion causes it to somehow blow back into the car. Driver’s swerving audibly and screaming at her as they head away. 
I view that as a good omen. I laughed hard. 
You tell it so well.

The above story ^^ is too good to be true, but like Fox Mulder...I want to believe.

Ambien starting to kick in, alarm set for 5:30, coffee maker for 6, Tahoe filled up and ready for wheels turning by 6:59. See you degenerates tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

The above story ^^ is too good to be true, but like Fox Mulder...I want to believe.

Ambien starting to kick in, alarm set for 5:30, coffee maker for 6, Tahoe filled up and ready for wheels turning by 6:59. See you degenerates tomorrow.emoji869.png

Hey, it happened. They cannot help themselves. 

10 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Cross Posting,

M5vqFk.gif

Pretty funny CSB this morning:

Quan was on the morning show with Bobby and Gerry at the Texas Exes golf tourney. He introduced himself as "Lindy Holmes' Daddy" to the crowd, then went on to tell a story about how he has tried to speak with Holmes at a few events over the years and Holmes refuses to talk with him. So he went and asked his agent why the guy won't talk to him, and the agent said it is because every year he gets that clip sent to him not only from the Texas side, but from the OU side as well. He hates it. 

spacer.png

The true character of a man will expose itself as time and the elements weather it down.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was walking from a restaurant to our hotel downtown just now by myself. Wife and kids had gone ahead while I paid the bill and finished the wine. Standing at an intersection waiting for the lights to change. I’m in a burnt orange polo.

A car coming at me into the intersection and turning to their left honks hard and the passenger windows are open. Two okie females are hanging out of the windows and they’re screaming “fuck Texas!!” at me for whatever reason. One of them hocks a loogie in my direction but the wind and their turning motion causes it to somehow blow back into the car. Driver’s swerving and audibly screaming at her as they head away. 

I view that as a good omen. I laughed hard. 

You expect a meth head to understand wind? Thank got you dodged the meth and aids spittle. Things are lining up.  

After watching 5 of our last 6 wins vs ou each of the last 5 nights (not last year), it is apparent to me a major talent discrepancy existed between the teams. And this was in our wins.
QB, skill positions, lines…even in these wins they out-talented us. Their wins…f’gedaoudit.
Why the fuck is that?
Why does this mediocre school in a shit state continually have better players than The University of Texas when we play them?

Late-stage Mack, Strong and Herman. That’s why. They didn’t recruit that well, not like Stoops and then Lincoln. The Mack teams that got blown out might’ve had more overall talent than OU in most of those years but he’s a terrible Gameday coach.