2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Let’s fucking go chiefs! Hook em! He’s going to be deadly 

One of my staff has season tickets for the Chiefs. Mrs. Mo's explicit instructions to me, after the pick, were be nice to her and don't fire her, and maybe we can buy their tickets if they aren't going to a game. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I read a rumor(nothing concrete) about the bills wanting to pursue tee Higgins and this gives them all day to ponder it

I read that too, but then I also read that Buffalo doesn't have the cap space to get a player like that. We'll see.

Either way, to allow KC to move up to their pick to get Mahome's desired WR is pretty fucking stupid. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Payton better be designing a new offense centered around 0-10 yard passes.

fify

27.6% of Nix’s passing attempts were thrown behind the line of scrimmage with a completion rate of 95.5%. 39.4% of his passing attempts were between 0-9 yards downfield with a completion rate of 82.8%

Edited by BurntOrange&White

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I read that too, but then I also read that Buffalo doesn't have the cap space to get a player like that. We'll see.

Either way, to allow KC to move up to their pick to get Mahome's desired WR is pretty fucking stupid. 

It's probably smart to the egg heads, seeing their draft picks increase, but dumb to anyone smart enough to see Worthy scoring touchdowns on them over and over again for years on end -- which is delicious, because fuck the Bills.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Not sure who watched Nix and thought he was a first rounder. 

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

6 QBs in the top 12 is insane...  I think the Redskins likely will come out the best of the 6.

Nix & McCarthy don't seem like 1st rounders to me.  Penix seems like a late first rounder due to age & injury history.

Before the NFL instituted a rookie wage scale, most of these guys would not have been first round picks.  It's a QB league and the wage scale makes the risk/reward calculus encourage reaching for a QB.

For example, McCarthy's rookie contract is a guaranteed 4yr/$21.3mm deal; Nix's rookie contract is a guaranteed 4yr/$18mm.  If these guys perform in the top half of QBs, they were a freaking bargain.  If they wash out, the salary impact is relatively absorbable.  

In 2007, Jamarcus Russell signed a 6/$61mm deal with $32mm guaranteed.  That was around 10% of the salary cap in 2007.  Today, $5mm per year is around 2%.  Seems like a reasonable risk to take for the most important player on the team.

• Hook 'Em 5

AD will be fine if going to Bills. So happy for X, to stick it out when shit was going sideways and people were calling for him to hit the transfer portal, to improve on his weaknesses and be a huge factor for his team, and blow up in front of everyone with the speed to be a 1st-rounder, wow.

How I feel. Glad AD transferred here but X was here from the beginning.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Pearsall was a huge reach for the Niners. He is a day 2 pick. Kyle Shanahan YAC guy but horrible value there. 

Niners pass defense is ass, and guys like Cooper DeJean or Kool Aid could have immediately helped shore things up. 

I think they wanted Guyton from OU or Wiggins from Clemson then panicked when they went off the board.

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Pearsall was a huge reach for the Niners. He is a day 2 pick. Kyle Shanahan YAC guy but horrible value there. 

Niners pass defense is ass, and guys like Cooper DeJean or Kool Aid could have immediately helped shore things up. 

I think they wanted Guyton from OU or Wiggins from Clemson then panicked when they went off the board.

Easy to root for Kyle but I wonder if he sometimes does things just to be smarter than everyone else

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Easy to root for Kyle but I wonder if he sometimes does things just to be smarter than everyone else

Nailed it, always making the contrarian pick. Resulted in busts like Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw

• Hook 'Em 1

Where Pearsall was drafted is more than fine. He was a late first early second guy. Even with San Francisco shopping Deebo and potentially trading him today, I thought it was a weird fit for them 

37 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

He was picked at 31 two spots from day 2.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Nailed it, always making the contrarian pick. Resulted in busts like Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw

Yep.  Though not sure who actually owns Lance pick. That was dumb

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I thought they're shopping Aiyuk, not Deebo.

They’re more likely to dump deebo

Can't be mad at the Pearsall pick. Dude is legit af. I'd love to see Buffalo take Mitchell, GB take Brooks. 

2 first rounders for Texas is really, really good considering this came after Sark had only been here 3 years. He has 3 first rounders in 3 seasons. There will be multiple starting next season and so on. Really happy for these guys. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Dan Patrick and Brady Quinn are already questioning why Buffalo would let the chiefs have worthy

The entire reason the Chiefs have Mahomes is because the Bills dealt them that 10th pick. And now they do another draft day trade with them? If I was Beane I would never answer the phone for a KC area code again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

espn.com has a round 2 mock up:

Mitchell to New England at #34

Brooks to Las Vegas at #44

Sweat to Dallas at #56

Sanders to Houston at #59

should be an exciting 2nd round tonight!

Don’t know if Sweat will go that high, but as a Cowboys fan, I would love it.

This is about where he was projected pre-DWI, so if he goes this high, then the outrage/moral high ground didn’t last a month.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Kind of like Bill Belichick. That guy absolutely sucked ass picking in the 1st & 2nd round, but got bargain prices on veterans who wanted to come get a ring with Tom Brady… who also took less than market so that there would be more money for free agents.

If SF hadn’t lucked out on Brock Purdy, Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch may be gone by now, or on the hot seat going into this season. Their move to get Trey Lance could have set the franchise back 5 years if not for Mr. Irrelevant saving their asses. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Don’t know if Sweat will go that high, but as a Cowboys fan, I would love it.

This is about where he was projected pre-DWI, so if he goes this high, then the outrage/moral high ground didn’t last a month.

Kind of like Bill Belichick. That guy absolutely sucked ass picking in the 1st & 2nd round, but got bargain prices on veterans who wanted to come get a ring with Tom Brady… who also took less than market so that there would be more money for free agents.

If SF hadn’t lucked out on Brock Purdy, Kyle Shanahan & John Lynch may be gone by now, or on the hot seat going into this season. Their move to get Trey Lance could have set the franchise back 5 years if not for Mr. Irrelevant saving their asses. 

What's extra crazy is that the 49ers got more of a return for trading Lance than what the Patriots, Jets, or Bears got for trading their bust QB picks.

• Hook 'Em 1