Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, TexArcher said:

I still think we're good.  We had over 150 yards in the 2nd quarter.  We turned the ball over twice and we dropped a pick that gave them 3 points.  And, we're down 3 points.

We've been a second half team all year.  Let's go win it 21-7 and get the hell out of there.

Da fuq

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Defense is ass. Only reason we didn't give up 7 is because of a dropped pass. Terrible. No resistance on that drive. And we have no pass rush at all 

Actually until the last two drives the D was solid. Need to figure it out.

3 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Need to tackle much better

Same - early good, last two drives gassed.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Literally zero pressure on this midget 

Their speed to the snap is proving extremely difficult.

2 minutes ago, Richter said:

Offense played horrible 1st quarter.  Defense not good 2nd quarter. 

Yep.

Disasterous first half. 2 interceptions, 1 gives them an easy TD and 1 takes away a TD from us. 6 penalties including gifting a first down on a punt. Starting center out of the game. All sorts of stupid mistakes like trying to return kicks only getting to the 15. 

And it's a 3 point game. Just clean it up and we win this game. They threw their best punch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, sith_horn said:

One of my huge pet peeves. Swarming to the ball and lowering the boom is not enough. And that shit is on coaching. Demand it from the players.

We have been tackling well all year.

Not sure what happened at the end of the half but this isn't a systemic issue. I hope whatever they were doing wrong there gets corrected.

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Disasterous first half. 2 interceptions, 1 gives them an easy TD and 1 takes away a TD from us. 6 penalties including gifting a first down on a punt. Starting center out of the game. All sorts of stupid mistakes like trying to return kicks only getting to the 15. 

And it's a 3 point game. Just clean it up and we win this game. They threw their best punch. 

Momentarily

Early INT inside the 25
INT at goal line
Running into kicker
Zero QB pressure
Stupid missed tackles
I’m sure I’m missing other shit, but it could be a lot more than 3.

Bottom line, nut the FUCK up. Middle of the field is wide fucking open for the picking.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Este 

horns been dominating the second half this season 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I like this energy. 

OU is making me nervous, though. They look good. 

No doubt OU is exactly where they want to be.  DEF change mo’ once in that first half.  They’ll need to do it again to start the 2nd half.  Offense got better in 2nd quarter, but it seems to be more the play-calling than the effort.  Offense needs to match OU’s intensity

How about all the predictions we're gonna fuck their shit up and don't be a pussy talking about how rivalry games often defy the odds? There's something to be said for a coach (I'm looking at you Sark) firing his players up for a game and not just go out, be loose and have fun. The Arkansas debacle wasn't just about players. Sark had no clue how intense and bitter these two rivalries in particular can be.

Make the adjustments, fire these players up and fuck some shit up in the second half.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

They def want it more than we do and you can see it.  There’s no anger level of just pure hate. We can’t seem to get pressure on this midget and it’s opening up our suspect secondary.  We gonna crank the oressure up and take away the long shots. 

From someone watching who doesn’t like either team; you’re wrong. Texas looks pissed as hell out there, as does OU. Venables will fuck this up don’t worry. 

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We have been tackling well all year.

Not sure what happened at the end of the half but this isn't a systemic issue. I hope whatever they were doing wrong there gets corrected.

Speed to the snap is legit here our guys couldn’t read and we’re back pedaling makes it hard to attack makes it hard to tackle well always a split second behind. That’s just something they have to over come. They have to play faster on D. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

How about all the predictions we're gonna fuck their shit up and don't be a pussy talking about how rivalry games often defy the odds? There's something to be said for a coach (I'm looking at you Sark) firing his players up for a game and not just go out, be loose and have fun. The Arkansas debacle wasn't just about players. Sark had no clue how intense and bitter these two rivalries in particular can be.

Make the adjustments, fire these players up and fuck some shit up in the second half.

Some of us said it would be close and Texas would win in the fourth. Big games usually come down to the last 5 mins of the 4th. I expect nothing less here.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I've had about enough of the dbs playing 10 yards off.  If you can't play press man you dont deserve to win. This is a precision offense.  Letting them complete east intermediate passes is a loser. 

Yep; just play press man every play and win convincingly 

• Pancho unpinned this topic