LeBron James

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Kobe Bryant

Shaquille O'Neal

Tim Duncan

Karl Malone

Jerry West

Barring team flameout or injury he will pass West for 8th in these playoffs. He has a crazy outside chance at reaching Malone but probably won't. 

A 28-30 ppg Finals run this year and next year and he will likely pass Shaq and  Duncan to move into 5th all time behind Kobe.

4-5 more deep(ish) good scoring runs (starting with this year) and he could easily pass MJ and Kobe to get to #2 all-time behind LeBron. 

And that's with missing about 2 and a half playoffs in his prime due to injury. 

No one will ever catch LeBron. Not in any of our lifetimes. 

Edited by ztejas

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2021 at 5:08 AM, ztejas said:

Players that now have more career points than Kevin Durant in the NBA playoffs:

LeBron James

Michael Jordan

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Kobe Bryant

Shaquille O'Neal

Tim Duncan

Karl Malone

Jerry West

Barring team flameout or injury he will pass West for 8th in these playoffs. He has a crazy outside chance at reaching Malone but probably won't. 

A 28-30 ppg Finals run this year and next year and he will likely pass Shaq and  Duncan to move into 5th all time behind Kobe.

4-5 more deep(ish) good scoring runs (starting with this year) and he could easily pass MJ and Kobe to get to #2 all-time behind LeBron. 

And that's with missing about 2 and a half playoffs in his prime due to injury. 

No one will ever catch LeBron. Not in any of our lifetimes. 

Whatever. Give me Greg Oden every damn day over a guy who can’t even bench 125...

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

the timing of that article is...less than ideal. are we going to have a Utah vs Milwaukee NBA Finals now? because LAL seems pretty screwed, and crowning a team "the best of all time" during the first round of the playoffs just screams karmic jinx. i can't believe you've done this NYT.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

the timing of that article is...less than ideal. are we going to have a Utah vs Milwaukee NBA Finals now? because LAL seems pretty screwed, and crowning a team "the best of all time" during the first round of the playoffs just screams karmic jinx. i can't believe you've done this NYT.

I hate how much “OF ALL TIME!!!!” There’s been in sports lately. Shut the fuck up. Yeah some impressive stats are being put up in all sports but no shit. The basketball Wilt played and the baseball Mickey played and the football Montana(which I would’ve liked to have seen) played are completely fucking different than the leagues today. Fuckin annoying 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/2/2021 at 6:59 PM, 4th&Five said:

This is a pretty good read. It felt a little forced to start and it's clearly written for a non-basketball audience but once it got into discussing KD at a personal level and his upbringing it picked up some momentum. 

I thought this was funny, in response to the Rapaport incident (since it was a hot topic here):

“Anybody that’s crucifying me for some [expletive] that I said behind closed doors,” Durant told me, “I would definitely love to see y’all phones.”

On 6/7/2021 at 9:13 PM, Machinator said:

He did a really good job of reeling in that venom for that stupid fuck question. It's not even what was "quoted" in the tweet above, he just said did you ever think you would be that good?

Ended it with "Love" very nice

• Hook 'Em 2

I always associate Kevin Durant with Texas’ 2005 baseball title. My buddy and I drove from Dallas to Omaha in the middle of June 2005 to watch the CWS. Somewhere in Oklahoma or Kansas my buddy got some kind of orange bloods alert on his flip phone that the number 1 prospect had committed to Texas. That was when the legend of KD grew in my mind. 

I didn’t misss a home game, jumping up and down, in the o-zone in his 1 season at Texas. His performance on the road at OSU and the ali-Frazier type boxing match he had with Acie Law at home will always stick out in my mind.  I grew up learning about college legends like #44 Pistol Pete Marovich and others. I would put KD right up there for pure talent and passion for the game. Hook Em KD! 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 5/12/2021 at 6:10 PM, ztejas said:

Just as a PSA for any casual NBA fans that still might love KD because he's a Horn:

Durant right now is at the height of his powers as an all-time great player on both ends of the court and is truly special to watch if you want to see what basketball looks like played at its absolute highest level. We have seen this a lot lately since LeBron exists but KD right now is quite literally playing at one of the highest levels the NBA has ever seen. He is easily the Nets best defensive player and in addition to the effortless scoring he has always possessed he is making everyone else around him better and dishing the rock at an elite level for his position. 

They aren't on national TV tonight but they are playing the Spurs at 7pm for anyone in the FSSW that catches those games. 

I mean seriously - I'm totally biased but even setting that bias aside he is doing prime Bird/Hakeem/LeBron shit right now on both ends or if not just a hair below it.

I posted this a month ago. And yet I never saw anything like tonight happening.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Why is it hyperbole? The stat line speaks for itself.  Not to mention he played all 48 minutes. 

I was saying the exact same thing in the playoffs thread and was told to tone down the hyperbole. I'm just being cunty about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man I started watching from the beginning and it was so frustrating. Glad Harden could come out and provide some ball handling but damn they don't have anyone other than the big 3 that can really play offense with the ball in their hands. Shamet came though pretty solid, holy shit Jeff Green and even Blake Griffin knocking down 3s was awesome.  Although I really wish Griffin would stick to the Clint Capela role of just taking lobs from Harden, I guess Harden isn't going to be doing much driving right now and he's out of sync with the guys. Need to get some serious practice minutes with him to get him right again. 

Harris and Brown where garbage, and they brought in Mike James to handle the ball a bit and he bricked a 3 so bad had to pull him. Bucks defense is pretty rough you have to play strong to make them draw the foul or get by them. 

Once it got closer at the end of the 3rd quarter you just KNOW KD is going to will them to victory. He's done it so many times back in the OKC days with clutch 3s I was really sure he had that game. The ball denial and full court press needs to get exposed because it was working too well, got to have more ball movement and off-ball picks to get the ball down the floor and get KD the rock. 

Always look at context with a lot of things.  Way more impressed with KD in Games 5 and 7 than anything he ever did at Golden State.  He just ran out of gas in OT, and it was very clear.  I think Nash should have considered a TO - even though I like not calling it normally to not allow a set defense - at the end of OT given KD's minutes/situation.