Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

It's an interesting take because he didn't say better, but more gifted or talented.  There are simply somethings KD does that Jordan couldn't do or didn't need to do (guard 4's, shoot from distance, etc).  Conversely, there are some things MJ does better than KD, but is there anything MJ does that KD simply can't?  Interesting question, I don' think anyone with a right mind will argue KD is better than Jordan, but more gifted?  Sort of like the Lebron vs MJ debate.  Lebron is probably physically a tad more gifted, but he hasn't proven to be inarguably better.... I'm sure Kerr will get crushed for it, but it should be such a taboo conversation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It's an interesting take because he didn't say better, but more gifted or talented.  There are simply somethings KD does that Jordan couldn't do or didn't need to do (guard 4's, shoot from distance, etc).  Conversely, there are some things MJ does better than KD, but is there anything MJ does that KD simply can't?  Interesting question, I don' think anyone with a right mind will argue KD is better than Jordan, but more gifted?  Sort of like the Lebron vs MJ debate.  Lebron is probably physically a tad more gifted, but he hasn't proven to be inarguably better.... I'm sure Kerr will get crushed for it, but it should be such a taboo conversation.

Agreed

Saying that KD is more talented and gifted than Jordan makes perfect sense when you look at what they both do on the court.

FTR, I'm Jordan GOAT all the way. But there have been more talented/gifted guys.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Agreed

Saying that KD is more talented and gifted than Jordan makes perfect sense when you look at what they both do on the court.

FTR, I'm Jordan GOAT all the way. But there have been more talented/gifted guys.

I saw every game KD played on campus. He's an amazing player but his move to Golden State was weak AF. I'm just not really a fan anymore.

How many championships does Pippen have? And how many does KD have? Despite KD and his peers having freedom of movement around the league that Pippen didn't have, and fought to get for, future players like KD?

He's a great talent, but he should shut his mouth and win some more championships instead of trying to win a Twitter bitchfight while sitting at home on his ass because his superteam got knocked out in the SECOND ROUND.

(I know I'll get negged to hell for this post, but I was the guy's biggest fan and now I find him lame)

Edited by MotownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5

I find KD's behavior a little lame, but he's the best basketball player in the world and a Longhorn (which he proudly represents). When he put the Brooklyn team on his back and nearly carried them to the ECF, I was rooting for him harder than I have since he was a Seattle SuperSonic.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I saw every game KD played on campus. He's an amazing player but his move to Golden State was weak AF. I'm just not really a fan anymore.

How many championships does Pippen have? And how many does KD have? Despite KD and his peers having freedom of movement around the league that Pippen didn't have, and fought to get for, future players like KD?

He's a great talent, but he should shut his mouth and win some more championships instead of trying to win a Twitter bitchfight while sitting at home on his ass because his superteam got knocked out in the SECOND ROUND.

(I know I'll get negged to hell for this post, but I was the guy's biggest fan and now I find him lame)

KD would have a bunch of championships if he played with prime MJ.

Sports is so fucking dumb sometimes. KD would have gotten CRUSHED had he passed off the last shot to hobbled Harden or anyone else on that roster, and they missed. Like utterly eviscerated. Had he made it, no one would have said, "Great shot...but he should have passed to the open guy."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

He’d have none if he didn’t go to an already loaded GS team. 

he'd have a whole bunch of titles/never gone to GS if he'd had literally any two other superstar teammates aside from Russ and Harden. Harden was a perpetual choke artist, and Russ was too busy competing with KD to know/play his role. Shaq and Kobe (two top 15 players ever) may have made it work with Phil at HC, but it's damn hard to win with that much dysfunction among your star players. 

reminder: KD spent 9 years in the league with 0 titles and 1 Finals appearance before joining GS. if you can make a case that says he had other viable options, feel free to do so.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

Stay at OKC instead of going to the team that was coming off of a title And a record regular season that included a down 3-1 to OKC. Or join literally any other team other than the two time repeating conference champions?

16 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

zero chance he has even one title if he stays in OKC. then he's a lifetime loser with a glaring hole in his resume.

Exactly.  “You can’t really say he’s great because he hasn’t led his team to a championship.”  

1 hour ago, Hate said:

Stay at OKC instead of going to the team that was coming off of a title And a record regular season that included a down 3-1 to OKC. Or join literally any other team other than the two time repeating conference champions?

But why? Isn’t the goal to win?

Only in sports can reasonable people convince themselves that staying in (or moving to) Oklahoma is a good career move for others to make.

There is truth to this statement. I don’t blame him for leaving OKC. I do think his choice of destination was ridiculous.

20 hours ago, Machinator said:

I find KD's behavior a little lame, but he's the best basketball player in the world and a Longhorn (which he proudly represents). When he put the Brooklyn team on his back and nearly carried them to the ECF, I was rooting for him harder than I have since he was a Seattle SuperSonic.

KD is awesome and I think most players really look up to him and respect him. His behavior is great. He's human and does what he wants.

15 hours ago, Hate said:

It's a players league they do what they want. Who wouldn't want to play for Kerr and with Steph and Klay?

15 hours ago, Hate said:

Stay with Westbrook?  Who would want to do that?

And username and all that

On 6/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, Patrick Bateman said:

Yeah, I listen to Cowherd a lot, he doesn't like Durant but he agreed with Kerr.  A lot of people did.  But, he did say guys like MJ and Brady have a will to win that nobody else does.  That includes KD.  Compared how MJ handled Orlando Woolridge vs how KD handled Russ.  Were there better shooters than MJ? Yes.  Ballhandlers?  Yes.  Even guys that are bigger and more athletic?  Sure. But MJ is top 3 in history because of his will to win.

• 2 weeks later...

I could post in the Olympics thread as well, but I'll just leave it here.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/09/why-kevin-durant-is-playing-for-team-usa-at-olympics-2021/amp/

Him playing is a big deal. Like huge stamp on his all-time legacy big if we win gold. I've hinted at that or said it outright already but it hasn't gotten a ton of spin in the media yet - probably because the Finals are in progress and we haven't tipped a game yet with this US roster. 

It needs to be celebrated because next time around we need some big names to either come back or commit for the first time. This roster would have made me a littler nervy without KD, but if guys like him step up every 4 years we shouldn't concede gold for the near future at least. Until another country can put together 2-3 superstars. 

Edited by ztejas

On 7/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, shadow_operative said:

Also - I'm not sure when he got it - sometime in the past year - but this man has ONE visible tattoo on his arms and it's a huge god-damned cobra emblazoned on top of his left forearm. 

I know the time difference is fucky but watching him play with these guys should be fun. 

This is interesting if nothing else:

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news-nets-kevin-durant-gets-into-heated-exchange-over-time-with-dubs/

Watch the 2 clips from that article. 

If I'm not his biggest fan - I'm close to it - but for him to cement his legacy I think he needs to win somewhere beside GS. If he racks off 2 straight in Brooklyn - and I think he's about to - he is one of the 10 greatest dudes ever. 

Love him or hate him he's one of the most enigmatic superstars we've seen in awhile. He's also the greatest athlete that has ever attended UT. 

also i want to bring something up even though it's a little bit after-the-fact:

there was a time here recently when people in this thread were all like, "we need to edit the thread title, why was it ever made like that in the first place, imma needs to delete that last part of the thread title, wtf.."

yeah, about that- a lot of you guys on this basketball board, dating well back to TOS, have some pretty fucking alarming cases of amnesia when it comes to talking a bunch of shit and then ultimately being wrong. let's get some shit straight- at one point on TOS Kevin Durant was BY FAR the most hated basketball player on the forum- like, hated more than all other basketball players combined type hate. he was called a bitch, a punk, a piece of shit, a loser, an asshole; i remember posters who (supposedly) graduated from Texas saying, "fuck Kevin Durant, he doesn't represent my university, he's not a Longhorn, he's a piece of shit." and all of this was literally just because he joined golden state. 

i know y'all didn't all just forget about that bullshit. i guess it's just that too many of y'all participated in it to want to bring up now. fucking amazing how that works- three years ago he's the most hated hooper alive, now, on the very same forum, it's all, "we love KD! we always have!" FOH.

Edited by shadow_operative

On 7/17/2021 at 2:14 AM, ztejas said:

This is interesting if nothing else:

https://clutchpoints.com/warriors-news-nets-kevin-durant-gets-into-heated-exchange-over-time-with-dubs/

Watch the 2 clips from that article. 

If I'm not his biggest fan - I'm close to it - but for him to cement his legacy I think he needs to win somewhere beside GS. If he racks off 2 straight in Brooklyn - and I think he's about to - he is one of the 10 greatest dudes ever. 

Love him or hate him he's one of the most enigmatic superstars we've seen in awhile. He's also the greatest athlete that has ever attended UT. 

Greatest athlete to ever attend UT? VY laughs hysterically at that.

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Greatest athlete to ever attend UT? VY laughs hysterically at that.

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I get what you're coming from but no

Professional athlete is what I meant. Not sure why I didn't phrase it that way. I didn't mean while at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...