5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

jort gets in with a FSU loss

we're out right now

bama win kicks out fsu even if they win

hey i just thought of a silver lining:

the ticket market for saturday morning just crashed

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

what a fucktard!

reece just asked the is boo fucker about the common texas/oregon opponent i.e. tech

Ltexas by 50

oregon by 1 score

the boo fucker AD NC State just totally fucking blew it off and question-asked his way around an answer "we look at everything" and proceeded to no answer the question at all - he must have been prepped for the segment by kevin mar

WE ARE FUCKED

Bro, chill. Seriously.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

I have a feeling we may be in for some good news here.. no logic just vibes

Bad vibes  Committee loves Oregon.  Or they have just decided to put the Pac 12 in during their final year.  UW-OR winner is in the playoffs.  So that game doesn't matter to us, no matter how big a win we get on Saturday.  We need Iowa or Louisville to win.  We should stay ahead of Alabama if they win, but that's not certain.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Of course they are. They run the bowl game/playoffs. No one will give a fuck about that game and it will be over before halftime. FSU without their QB is a steaming pile of shit. Can you imagine that QB going up against a Georgia front? Lulz. They want the most eyeballs on these games. FSU won't do that. No one wants to see them get in except their own fans. 

Im not sure I would want Texas to get in if we were gonna get Cleveland Steamered by 50. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mdmost said:

Ask yourself what happens to the loser of Washington/Oregon. Do you think the loser is ahead of us, assuming we win? Ohio State falls without a game this weekend. That is set in stone. 

Yep. Remember TCU dropping out of the top 4 because they didn’t have the 13th data point and everyone else did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

by default we have washington or oregon AND jort between us and the noles' spot

You don't understand how this works.  They do this every year and every year people freak out about it for no reason.  They don't apply the conference champ data point until after the CCG's.  tOSU will not be above a 1 loss conference champ on Sunday.  

• Hook 'Em 2

they backed in last year without a conference title

dimwit.... hmmmm.....  let me consider an aspersion to cast reflexively....

They backed in bc a P5 champ had 2 losses. The committee ranks a 1 loss non champ over a 2 loss champ every year. But they won’t beat out a 1 loss champ 

• Hook 'Em 3

they backed in last year without a conference title

dimwit.... hmmmm.....  let me consider an aspersion to cast reflexively....

Because they were competing against Bama who had 2 losses. USC was 4th and lost to Utah in the Pac 12 championship, therefore letting them in since no one else was close. Bama was 6 in the poll before championship weekend. Ohio State was 5th. 7 was Tennessee. Ohio State was 2nd most o the year until they lost to Michigan. The two are not comparable. 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Im not sure I would want Texas to get in if we were gonna get Cleveland Steamered by 50. 

Yep I meant to add that at the end. Even their own fans know they have zero chance with that backup QB. He is terrible right now. They struggled to beat a terrible Florida team who also started their backup QB. Louisville needs to do the country a favor and end their playoff hopes. As of right now, that seems to be our only hope. FSU losing. Michigan losing, too. Don't see us jumping Oregon at this point. Committee is fascinated with them. If it's between us and Oregon for that lost spot, we will be left out.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, no. If Michigan loses, it only makes Ohio State look worse. If Michigan loses that only helps us if we win. 

I know many of you are coming up with the rationales for what should happen but the committee is not going by your rationales. They didn't have to keep tOSU ahead of us and Bama if they didn't believe they were better. Same goes for Oregon. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That was pretty much the consensus of TCU against Michigan 

You play the game. 

That was the consensus of TCU/Georgia. Plenty of people said TCU could hang with Michigan or win. TCU had a healthy squad, too. FSU doesn't. They are Cincy without Kenyon Martin in 2000 or whatever that year that was. Zero shot to do anything.

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Bad vibes  Committee loves Oregon.  Or they have just decided to put the Pac 12 in during their final year.  UW-OR winner is in the playoffs.  So that game doesn't matter to us, no matter how big a win we get on Saturday.  We need Iowa or Louisville to win.  We should stay ahead of Alabama if they win, but that's not certain.

Well what if with 3 seconds left Washington down by 1 has their walk on kicker shank a 20 yard field goal. 

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

I guess resume does not matter Rece addressed all the numbers in which Texas is better and the response was we look at everything. What of everything when it comes to numbers is Oregon better?

Icandoanything.gif

Oregon played a lot of weak teams and beat them by big margins.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

exactly this - the rest of you just saw the committee raw and uncensored - zero logic or fucks given - and all of you are so damn certain we jump jort with a noles loss

okay then

To claim the committee looks at “everything” then makes decision that clearly ignores all the facts.  Sham

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Yep I meant to add that at the end. Even their own fans know they have zero chance with that backup QB. He is terrible right now. They struggled to beat a terrible Florida team who also started their backup QB. Louisville needs to do the country a favor and end their playoff hopes. As of right now, that seems to be our only hope. FSU losing. Michigan losing, too. Don't see us jumping Oregon at this point. Committee is fascinated with them. If it's between us and Oregon for that lost spot, we will be left out.

As dumb as this sounds, I am glad the committee put FSU at 4, because psychologically, it shifts the pressure to them. Now they feel the pressure of "win and in", a playoff spot is definitively on the line. If they had dropped them to 5, they would play more stress free and with a huge chip on their shoulder. 

Just now, utexas8 said:

I want Washington to win so bad because fuck Oregon.

But Washington has been flirting with a loss all season.

Just channel your big Penix energy

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

I want Washington to win so bad because fuck Oregon.

But Washington has been flirting with a loss all season.

Penix is the kind of player who wills his team to unlikely wins. The only way to beat UW is to crush them and not let them back into the game.

I don't believe Oregon is good enough to do it.

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A lot of people here are clamoring for chaos. We do NOT want chaos. We want this very neat and tidy. Undefeated Georgia, undefeated Michigan, undefeated Washington. We want Oregon and Bama to have two losses and FSU and Ohio State to be one loss non-conference champs.

Anything else put this in the hands of the committee and they have made it very clear, for whatever reason, they do not respect our resume.

This is wrong. A conference champ has never been left out in favor of a non-conference champ of similar record. Never happened. The more one loss teams, the better for us. 

Any ranking before the final is merely to generate interest. They mean nothing. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

It doesn’t matter if Oregon or Washington wins. The winner is in and the loser is out (for the same reason OSU is out- they aren’t conference champs).

Whats ridiculous is that the rationale for voting OSU over are as right now (better strength of schedule, better wins) doesn’t apply to Texas vs Oregon. That’s what sucks about only opinions factoring and no computer polls.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

This is wrong. A conference champ has never been left out in favor of a non-conference champ of similar record. Never happened. The more one loss teams, the better for us. 

His scenario is by far the cleanest path for Texas to make the playoff. How is he wrong? 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]