wc semi 2 :: spear! O clouds, unfold!

Hagbard Celine

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Croatia should have had a red card in the first half though. The one guy committed several yellow card fouls and only had 1 called. 

I agree, but even with that being said, you can’t expect to win if you have ONE shot on goal in 122 minutes 

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Croatia should have had a red card in the first half though. The one guy committed several yellow card fouls and only had 1 called. 

yeah, the ref set the pace early one with a lot of no calls and no card calls. 

however, england lost the plot there in the middle of the second half. maybe they scored too early in the game.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I agree, but even with that being said, you can’t expect to win if you have ONE shot on goal in 122 minutes 

And if you get out hustled by a team that's playing in it's third consecutive game to go to ET. I was amazed that Crotia was able to turn the heat on so significantly later on in the game when they should be the ones collapsing. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Dejan F'ing Lovren has a chance to win a World Cup. 

the only consolation i will receive if les bleus blow it in the final again (euro 16) will be the fact that maninblack's head will spontaneously combust if lovren wins the world cup.

1 minute ago, ScottishHorn said:

I'd like to see Croatia beat France, I just dont know how their going to do it.  They cant have much left and they might go in with mentality they are happy to be there and get rolled.

Scared you are correct. I’m out of rep otherwise wouldn’t be replying so much. And drunk...

Croatia are tough hombres.....after watching the first 45 minutes I thought England would sail through, then England turtled up and Croatia owned the second half and extra time. When you get outshot 2 to 1 and only have 2 shots on goal (according to the stats I see), you ain't gonna win much. Officiating may have been poor (this is FIFA after all), but if the last 75 minutes of this game were the first 75 minutes of the game, we would all be saying how much England was getting whupped. 

Les Bleus will be the overwhelming favorite Sunday and they certainly have the better talent. However, I haven't seen a single France match in the WC where said talent has produced at the level they should be expected to and even against Belgium, other than a brilliant set piece and a few moments of individual brilliance (like Mbappe), they just look content to get a goal here or there and choke the life out of the game. France likely wins but I will be rooting for Croatia. Yes Croatia have effectively played an extra game, but they look like they got the tiger blood. 

Just now, PencilPusher said:

However, I haven't seen a single France match in the WC where said talent has produced at the level they should be expected to and even against Belgium, other than a brilliant set piece and a few moments of individual brilliance (like Mbappe), they just look content to get a goal here or there and choke the life out of the game.

go back and watch the argentina game again from the moment argentina took the lead.

Now I can go back to liking the Brits again.

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Is there a different sterling that plays for England?

No shit.  

Assuming a high pressure game and not a Sunday friendly

If you were the opposing team and had an Englishman running one on one vs your keeper, who would you be most scared of?

A. Kane

B.  Sterling

C.  Lingard

D.  Inanimate Carbon Rod

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yep. England had their chances in the first half. Didn’t take them and got burned. 

Damn impressed with Croatia. Fought back and dominated after half time. 

Hopefully we’re in store for a great final. 

Now that I have no rooting interests left my mind goes back to World Cups the USA was in. And after another decade-and-a-half of following these things I realize that I didn't appreciate our 2002 performance enough. And I also don't hate Torsten Frings or Hugh Dallas enough. I will redouble my efforts on both accounts.

Fuck Torsten Frings.

Fuck Hugh Dallas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

okay, i keep seeing one shot on goal. well, that would be the goal. then there was the harry kane mess but that still was asave by the keeper, arguably twice, and then there was the header on a corner which was headed out by a defender. what am i missing?

the Kane double shot was nixed by the (totally bullshit) offside call by the ref that came AFTER he kicked the 2nd shot... but he counted it like the first shot was offside.

and I guess the deflected header save was missed?  maybe because it wasnt saved by the keeper?    it was still a save, but I dont recall how field players saved goals count in the process.

Edited by AUS-97HORN