Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

We defended 17 possessions yesterday. That’s insane.

But it also is what happens when the opponent defers to the second half, has the final possession of the first half and gets gifted at least 2 possessions because your QB is handing out candy.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The lack of holding calls is actually absurd. There was at least 5-10 plays of egregious holding that prevented a sack or TFL and they still got blown up. Our soft ass coverages need to change giving up the underneath to not get torched on the long ball is not a good trade. 

They called one at very opportune time for us and would have set up 3rd and 20, but we roughed the qb dead ball and auto first dowm, despite the holding call being enforced.  IIRC that was the game tying td drive

Really hard to get much of a pass rush when Big 12 officials have endorsed egregious holding by our opponents on every play by not calling any holds. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if our pass rush is instantly much more effective next year in a new conference.

Milroe was under duress in the majority of snaps in the one game officiated fairly.

In the 2019 Alamo Bowl, we obliterated Utah after seeing an inept defense all year from Orlando. Not being held and Ossai rushing made a big difference.

I think around 2010 the Big 12 had enough of the N’Damukong Suh’s and Brian Orakpos obliterating QBs.

In an alternate universe, Mack Brown is still patrolling the sidelines on the 40 acres if rules were properly officiated.

But the Strong/LHN era really signaled the beginning of the WWE-era of the Big 12 as we were the “heel”.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eskimohorn said:

Milroe was under duress in the majority of snaps in the one game officiated fairly.

In the 2019 Alamo Bowl, we obliterated Utah after seeing an inept defense all year from Orlando. Not being held and Ossai rushing made a big difference.

I think around 2010 the Big 12 had enough of the N’Damukong Suh’s and Brian Orakpos obliterating QBs.

In an alternate universe, Mack Brown is still patrolling the sidelines on the 40 acres if rules were properly officiated.

But the Strong/LHN era really signaled the beginning of the WWE-era of the Big 12 as we were the “heel”.

It was earlier than that-- in the 2008 Texas-Tech game in Lubbock, the refs allowed such egregious holding on Orakpo that he ultimately got injured and knocked out of the game.  Thank goodness it wasn't career-ending but that's only by sheer luck, and that injury is ALL on the B12 and its ref fuckery.

Fuck this piece of shit bush league conference.  We should have paid whatever it took to get out 2 years ago.

• Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Our actually problem is natural pass rushers. We can't get pressure so the guys on the back end have to hold up forever. Then when we bring second level guys, they still don't get home, and someone is open in the area they vacated. The cushions are a form of protection against explosive passing plays.

We had 3 sacks from our DEs yesterday. That ain't the problem Shitty Safety play is. 

7 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

We had 3 sacks from our DEs yesterday. That ain't the problem Shitty Safety play is. 

Maybe you need a rewatch of how long this mfer was patting the football behind his line while our D-line flailed about, desperately trying to get to him. You can't ask a secondary to cover that long. Start and the 16:15 mark. Count 1-thousands. We are even bringing extra guys and still can't get there. You can say its holding or whatever you want, but 4-5 seconds in the pocket is an eternity.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Maybe you need a rewatch of how long this mfer was patting the football behind his line while our D-line flailed about, desperately trying to get to him. You can't ask a secondary to cover that long. Start and the 16:15 mark. Count 1-thousands. We are even bringing extra guys and still can't get there. You can say its holding or whatever you want, but 4-5 seconds in the pocket is an eternity.

There is much more than that. Texas just completely busts coverage on a mesh concept to make it 27-21. I believe Williams bites on the curl from the TE in Cover 3 and it’s a long TD to the post to make it 27-27. There are going to be times when an OL will block well or a QB will by extra time, that is just football. The real issue is the consistent coverage busts. Those are plays Texas is just giving to opposing offenses 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, D3zii said:

It was Jones. Banks played the whole game 

did I not see Banks go into the locker room during the game?

20 hours ago, Real Papi said:

Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. 

Were they good?

30 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

There is much more than that. Texas just completely busts coverage on a mesh concept to make it 27-21. I believe Williams bites on the curl from the TE in Cover 3 and it’s a long TD to the post to make it 27-27. There are going to be times when an OL will block well or a QB will by extra time, that is just football. The real issue is the consistent coverage busts. Those are plays Texas is just giving to opposing offenses 

the last two TDS, the coverage was as bad as it gets.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He doesn’t see the field well. Combine that with playing through injury and being contact shy and you get what we’ve seen through 2 games.

Definitely but the coaching staff should be showing him film that there are free yards in the running game if he takes off. 

DBs and LBs are bailing on pass plays just daring Maalik to take 15 free yards. 

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Definitely but the coaching staff should be showing him film that there are free yards in the running game if he takes off. 

DBs and LBs are bailing on pass plays just daring Maalik to take 15 free yards. 

Does the dude even know how to move upfield or side to side if he is told?

All we’ve seen him do through 2 starts is move backwards in the pocket.

This is what I was talking about yesterday. Maalik has to take these free yards with his legs. K-State was giving him runs like this all day. 

FFS, he's not a runner! How many times do we have to say that.

Then think, for a minute why would the coaches want their 2nd string QB running when we are 1 injury away from going to a 3rd stringer?

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Then think, for a minute why would the coaches want their 2nd string QB running when we are 1 injury away from going to a 3rd stringer?

You don't have to be a runner to take off and get 3-4 yards when there is not a player within 15 yards of you. Especially if it moves the sticks.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You don't have to be a runner to take off and get 3-4 yards when there is not a player within 15 yards of you. Especially if it moves the sticks.

This. If he's not a "runner" then he can walk/stumble/skip his way to the first down marker and move the damn chains. He's a fucking 240lb muscular college athlete, he should be able to take the free yards when the defense gives it to him.

9 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

You don't have to be a "runner" to take free yards. 

Somehow people think pro-style QBs are not allowed to scramble when there are free yards. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

See point #2

I don't think point #2 is particularly good. Maalik hasn't shown anything that makes me think we should be doing everything to protect his health. If anything Arch might need to be starting right now. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

He has a bad back, and the #3 qb is probably pretty awful right now. Say a prayer for qb1 if you believe in that shit.

I believe in winning football games. Maalik isn't a good enough passer to use the "we need to protect his health at all costs." 

I don't give a shit about Maalik being healthy in 2 games if it means we have a loss to TCU. If teams are giving him a free 15 yards take those free yards. We aren't good enough on offense right now to say "let's protect this subpar passer from injury." 

• Hook 'Em 3

I was being sarcastic but just look at the right side of the field. He could have jogged to the 30 yard line with no problems. 

I know. I was being a smart ass. I wish he would at least run and pick up a yard or two and then slide.

Immamac, can we pitch in a get him a walker with tennis balls on it to use during the game?
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:51 PM, Eskimohorn said:

Good
>Stealing a victory, going to 8-1
>Great weather

Bad
>KSU ending game on downs. We were at a tremendous disadvantage at that time in that OT format.
>Do we even have a band? Cheerleaders?
>Stripper DJs leading Texas! Fight!

Ugly
>2nd half collapse
>Officiating
>Murphy picks

Medusa-ugly

> sark taking points off the board by not kicking chip shots over and over and over

+++

cheer are invisible

pom get their nba routine just before the 4th quarter starts

i did hear the band twice when they held back the WWE sound assault