Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

First minute or so of this is pretty funny.  Begins immediately after the end of the game.  Fozzie and Griff are going bonkers, then Lowell gets emotional, almost sounding on the verge of tears, describing how the end of the game felt.

Edited by 83Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its very odd and concerning that this game was almost a carbon copy of the Houston game. Seems like most are glossing over that fact. 

But I agree with those that say as long as Murphy starts every game, we have the potential to lose every game

What is good to see is we are winning those types of games now. Where as the past 10+ years those types of games are ones that we have lost.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

FFS, he's not a runner! How many times do we have to say that.

Then think, for a minute why would the coaches want their 2nd string QB running when we are 1 injury away from going to a 3rd stringer?

Why do people go out of their way to make excuses for him not scrambling?  He’s not Jared Lorenzen.  He can run and is a decent athlete.  

Edited by Pound Town
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What is good to see is we are winning those types of games now. Where as the past 10+ years those types of games are ones that we have lost.

The differences are much better recruiting hit percentages and roster management. Actual in-game management still seems to find this team in tight games. We’re a fucking rorshach right now.

Edited by BigBenBamboozle
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is really the only positive of the KSU game. Honestly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The defense was pretty f'ing awesome. That's a huge positive of the KSU game. Honestly. 

Run D. So was the running game, MM first half, etc but that all folds into the notion that these are the games we lost before. Talent pulled this out imo. 

12 hours ago, 83Horn said:

First minute or so of this is pretty funny.  Begins immediately after the end of the game.  Fozzie and Griff are going bonkers, then Lowell gets emotional, almost sounding on the verge of tears, describing how the end of the game felt.

I’m not listening to that fuck Galindo.

29 minutes ago, troph said:

Run D. So was the running game, MM first half, etc but that all folds into the notion that these are the games we lost before. Talent pulled this out imo. 

I don’t know man. The coverage was so good on the final play I was expecting to see Connor Stallions on the sidelines. That’s coaching.

51 minutes ago, Pound Town said:

Why do people go out of their way to make excuses for him not scrambling?  He’s not Jared Lorenzen.  He can run and is a decent athlete.  

This.  He doesn't need to emulate VY, he just needs to be able to move in and out of the pocket and buy time.  He also needs to be able to take open lanes and gain 4-5 yards before he slides or goes out of bounds if needed to keep the defense honest.  If Ewers can do it, sure as shit MM can.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BabaYaga said:

This.  He doesn't need to emulate VY, he just needs to be able to move in and out of the pocket and buy time.  He also needs to be able to take open lanes and gain 4-5 yards before he slides or goes out of bounds if needed to keep the defense honest.  If Ewers can do it, sure as shit MM can.  

Yes. When you step up in the pocket and there's 20 yards of green grass in front of you, take the 5-6 yards and get down. We just need you to stay in front of down and distance, not be Kyler Murray 2.0. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

FIFY. Klein seemed to largely forget the forward pass is legal in the first half. Collin Klein was a top 5 Texas defender.

KSU has one of the best rushing attacks in NCAA. It's never a bad move to lean on what you are good at.  It's just that the Immovable Object won.

Same with KSU starting  single-high and making MM prove he can throw the ball. It wasn't a dumb call until it didn't work.

It's not like this is Klieman's first rodeo.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

The defense was pretty f'ing awesome. That's a huge positive of the KSU game. Honestly. 

Our defense is playing better than people think.  Even with the short fields by turnovers and blocked punt, we still held K State to 30 points.  Which was 8 under what they were averaging before the game.  And on average we are holding FBS teams to 14 points under their season scoring average.

Kansas State had 17 possession.  Several were in short fields due to turnovers.  They scored 30 points.  That is good defense.

We get healthier and we can play elite defense.  And getting Ewers back will help the defense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, hookemATL said:

Only pussy is you. Cunt. 

I stand by my words. Quinn isn't hurt. Just like Colt wasn't hurt against Bama in the National Championship game. Get in the fucking game, bitch pussies. 

Also, Atlanta fucking sucks miles of hobo cock. Cunt. 

On 11/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'll take bitch pussy over shit garbage every time 

Fair. 

• Fuck You 10

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Our defense is playing better than people think.  Even with the short fields by turnovers and blocked punt, we still held K State to 30 points.  Which was 8 under what they were averaging before the game.  And on average we are holding FBS teams to 14 points under their season scoring average.

Kansas State had 17 possession.  Several were in short fields due to turnovers.  They scored 30 points.  That is good defense.

We get healthier and we can play elite defense.  And getting Ewers back will help the defense.

In a vacuum, absolutely - but when you're up 17-0 early, and then again 27-7, you expect and hope you defense can choke out and tap teams at home, not let then crawl back.  It's a part of the game, just frustrating that they can't put teams away.  Same with what happened with Houston.  

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Will Howard set a career high for passing yards at 327. It was his first ever 300 yard passing game in 4 years as starting QB at KSU.

In 17 drives and 42 attempts because they could not run the ball -- 29 yards on 33 carries.  

He had less than 8 yards per attempt.  It was not some banner day passing. His total QBR was 57 and his pass efficiency was 154.

We sold out to stop the run.  They went 3 of 14 on third downs and the defense blew up their attempt to win the game in OT.  They scored because we gave them short fields.  The defense has a passing grade.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

In a vacuum, absolutely - but when you're up 17-0 early, and then again 27-7, you expect and hope you defense can choke out and tap teams at home, not let then crawl back.  It's a part of the game, just frustrating that they can't put teams away.  Same with what happened with Houston.  

Sure.  Be nice if we stopped giving them short fields though.  And maybe have an offense that can stay on the field and not go 3 and out repeatedly to limit some of their opportunities. 1.75 points per drive is really, really good defense.

I think overall the defense is playing well.  We really need to get healthy.  Burke being back is huge.  Need Catalon back also.  And hope that Watts is okay.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

In 17 drives and 42 attempts because they could not run the ball -- 29 yards on 33 carries.  

He had less than 8 yards per attempt.  It was not some banner day passing. His total QBR was 57 and his pass efficiency was 154.

We sold out to stop the run.  They went 3 of 14 on third downs and the defense blew up their attempt to win the game in OT.  They scored because we gave them short fields.  The defense has a passing grade.

We will give up a lot of passing yards when a team is down 20. Not gonna catch up running the ball against our front 7.  And with the clock no longer stopping on first downs, running is limiting your possessions to catch up

KSU has one of the best rushing attacks in NCAA. It's never a bad move to lean on what you are good at.  It's just that the Immovable Object won.
Same with KSU starting  single-high and making MM prove he can throw the ball. It wasn't a dumb call until it didn't work.
It's not like this is Klieman's first rodeo.

KSUs first possession. Two plays. One pass, one run first down. Then pass, run, sack.

2nd possession. 3 runs. First down. Then sack, pass, run (QB draw maybe).

3rd possession. All runs. No first downs.

4th/5th possessions. One incompletion each drive. No first downs.

6th possession. Two incompletions. No first down.

Then the TD.

They had no success passing early. You’re right. You come out doing what you do well. There’s no coaching fail there.

Howard made a few very good throws against decent coverage. Much of their success late was not necessarily poor coverage. The Watts personal foul extended a drive that was 4th down - on broken contain no less. There were at least two if not 3 or 4 completions late that were the result of missed sacks/lack of containment. They only had two drives greater than 50 yards. They only scored on one with I believe the big 3rd down conversion being a loss of contain.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Its very odd and concerning that this game was almost a carbon copy of the Houston game. Seems like most are glossing over that fact. 

But I agree with those that say as long as Murphy starts every game, we have the potential to lose every game

Yes but we have the potential to win every game as well.

Thats the difference.

Can you imagine the past two games with Hudson Card at the helm?

1 minute ago, Frank Drebin said:

Also, it is hard to play defense in the Big 12 when holding is allowed.  And against Texas you are allowed to put pass rushers in a head lock when you're beat without risking a penalty.

This is why in ANY close game in the conference, I lose my chit.  Knowing fuckery is right around the corner and single calls can impact the game like the obvious no-call on the PI leading to the first KSU score.  

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

During our best season of the past 10 years at this point we were 6-3 with losses to Maryland, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia. 

That’s my point. We won a game we often lost in years past.

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

I don’t know man. The coverage was so good on the final play I was expecting to see Connor Stallions on the sidelines. That’s coaching.

Final play was nails. So much good in that play. 

57 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I agree injuries. I agree we made KSU one dimensional exactly the way we wanted to. Yet it still went to OT. Short fields, bad game management and some horrid pass defense until the very end.

47 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Exactly. 

46 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Passing grades don’t win championships. 

39 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Also, it is hard to play defense in the Big 12 when holding is allowed.  And against Texas you are allowed to put pass rushers in a head lock when you're beat without risking a penalty.

Insert Inglorious Bastards BINGO gify re holding here. 

12 minutes ago, troph said:

That’s my point. We won a game we often lost in years past.

Final play was nails. So much good in that play. 

I agree injuries. I agree we made KSU one dimensional exactly the way we wanted to. Yet it still went to OT. Short fields, bad game management and some horrid pass defense until the very end.

Exactly. 

Passing grades don’t win championships. 

We aren't a championship quality team right now.  Especially on offense.  We can be.

I will say that staring up at only six teams ranked higher than us feels so much better than staring up at possible bowl eligibility. This team has come a long way. It has also caught some lucky breaks while executing better at some key positions that in years past. That all  should bode well if we learn to execute better and better as the weeks go by. 

Lots to clean up, but still lots to be optimistic about at this point in the season.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

I’m not listening to that fuck Galindo.

Fozzy, Robison, and Griff love giving him shit. Watching it right now on LHN and they were chanting “Weenie Lowell” as they went to break. Even T’vondre made a quick jab at his expense saying he “looks like the type” to only talk negative about players off the air. Worth a view.