2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sark is bringing in an NFL guy. I think. 

The way Bobby was talking on his short Live today it seems that way to me. Said something to the extent of it being potentially a current playoff team coach or a coach that isn't being allowed to interview/communicate yet. 

53 minutes ago, Richter said:

I’d really like to get a group together in person for some riveting discussions on registration and the Blues Brothers and so I can brutally murder each and every one of you.  Does anyone know a good spot for us to meet up?

I'll hold your coat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

I’m 44. Not sure where that puts me on the “olds” spectrum, but I’m pretty fucking gruntled. 

I’ve got about 10 yrs on you, so I’m pretty mutha fuckin’ gruntled.

let’s go!!!🤘🏻

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The way Bobby was talking on his short Live today it seems that way to me. Said something to the extent of it being potentially a current playoff team coach or a coach that isn't being allowed to interview/communicate yet. 

Why wouldn’t Bill Belicheck be allowed to interview or communicate yet?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I saw it once about 5 years ago and thought it was one of the dumbest, most overrated movies I’d ever seen. Just awful. 

There is something terribly, horribly wrong with you.

It features musical numbers by rhythm and blues (R&B), soul, and blues singers James Brown, Cab Calloway (in his final feature film role), Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Chaka Khan, and John Lee Hooker.

This, right here, is why you see the movie, and why why dipshit dumbass who calls it "overrated" needs their head examined. Or at least their ears. And their soul.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

This, right here, is why you see the movie, and why why dipshit dumbass who calls it "overrated" needs their head examined. Or at least their ears. And their soul.

I am fine being counted on the other side of a position versus you. I can watch or listen to any of those performers and not have to suffer through the boring, unfunny shit cluttering that movie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

What made you think CTJ ever had a soul?

Edited by mantis toboggan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I mean, if it's Rod, that would explain why he hasn't been hired yet.

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Your defensive line coach Freddie Roach was... not added. Please select another defensive line coach. Goodbye and good luck. 

triggered

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The Blues Brothers was definitely a product of its time. I can't imagine watching it for the first time recently. Some old movies hold up that way (Blazing Saddles) and some don't (Animal House). 

This one was made 45 years ago and seems like it was made just yesterday 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Rod Wright is super intriguing, especially with the mojo going on with the Houston Texans and their coaching staff. Maybe he wants to stay in the NFL. But if Demeco wanted him, I want him. 

This is not a good reason. It’s actually risky thinking. 

I have hated the Texans since I was a teen. When I went to see Peyton take them on in Houston Some random drunk slapped my ass walking by and tried to pick a fight. I was a fat and tall 14 year old but I've hated the fan base since then.

Anyway Rod Wright is assistant Dline coach with them now. Makes sense we have to wait for them to lose to announce. 

Edited by BornAndRaised
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PTINS said:

He talked about the talent and competition when he played here; he wasn't the biggest, fastest, strongest, nothing-est.

He was the shortest fwiw.

Side note, played Babers 1x1 in basketball once when Gregory was pretty much empty one summer. I swear he has springs in his calves.

1 hour ago, BornAndRaised said:

Curious if "NFL guy," is a clever guise for Okam. Didn't he get fired twice in the NFL before going back to CFB with Toledo?

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
1 hour ago, Teryor said:
Sorry guys real news here
Roach off the board and disappointingly staying at Bama

The DL hire is done and it's someone in the NFL perry Bobby.

There's no reason to delay and honestly they need the hire in place ASAP for recruiting. If it was Okam he'd be announced and working already.

Rod Wright is an NFL guy and still coaching with the Texans winning yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

I’m 44. Not sure where that puts me on the “olds” spectrum, but I’m pretty fucking gruntled. 

You are definitely an "old" because one day we are going to take over this board so we need all the members that we can get.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Feel great about whoever Sark hires as DL coach. 

Rod Wright is super intriguing, especially with the mojo going on with the Houston Texans and their coaching staff. Maybe he wants to stay in the NFL. But if Demeco wanted him, I want him. 

13 years of college experience. 1 year in the NFL, as only the assistant DL coach. Would probably get slapped with the run game coordinator title and a pay raise.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

The Blues Brothers was definitely a product of its time. I can't imagine watching it for the first time recently. Some old movies hold up that way (Blazing Saddles) and some don't (Animal House). 

Dude. You’re out of your depths. Animal House holds up as well as any of them. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Whenever someone says a good old movie is over-rated, it should be considered in the context of when it was released.

Countless people have said Jaws sucks, Casablanca sucks, Star Wars sucks, etc. What they usually fail to realize is that in a world of ever-increasing dopamine, and more sophisticated and improved movie making, most good old movies suck by comparison.

In its time, a movie might have been great, but not be so great today. Blues Brothers is an interesting debate because when it came out it was great, for many different reasons. Today, the movie is ok but not great because humor has evolved. But the music is still great. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

Fuck Blues Brothers and Lampoons. Really overrated. 

Stripes is the real test. If you don’t like Stripes, you need advanced interrogation at a CIA black site. 

Or, for the ladies, the Aunt Jemima treatment. 

Could be also important to remember it's all fucking subjective and people disagreed about any movie you name even when it was released. Arguing that someone is crazy for not liking a particular movie is idiotic. Doing so on the recruiting board calls for summary execution.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So who is this supposed NFL guy and why are we still waiting to hire them

Dan Quinn

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Could be also important to remember it's all fucking subjective and people disagreed about any movie you name even when it was released. Arguing that someone is crazy for not liking a particular movie is idiotic. Doing so on the recruiting board calls for summary execution.

Most 80's movies are pretty bad, there are a few exceptions.

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.gif.808cae70a55e0ea244890b0e17ac4af3.gif

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Whenever someone says a good old movie is over-rated, it should be considered in the context of when it was released.

Countless people have said Jaws sucks, Casablanca sucks, Star Wars sucks, etc. What they usually fail to realize is that in a world of ever-increasing dopamine, and more sophisticated and improved movie making, most good old movies suck by comparison.

In its time, a movie might have been great, but not be so great today. Blues Brothers is an interesting debate because when it came out it was great, for many different reasons. Today, the movie is ok but not great because humor has evolved. But the music is still great. 

No one has ever said that and the 2nd point is just categorically wrong. Blues Brothers was never great, it was a curiosity nothing more and Stripes suffers from the same thing Full Metal Jacket suffers from; it falls apart in the 2nd half.

• Hook 'Em 4