SEC Championship Bama v. Georgia

Zeus

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

are you sayin bama win OR FSU win?  we don't need both.  FSU win puts us in regardless of what happens in the SEC champ game.

Bama win or fsu loss and we are probably in.  Definitely in with fsu loss.  Probably in with bama win.  Georgia win just takes a spot and devalues our win over bama, it only hurts Texas chances.  Unless you believe bama and Georgia are both in.  Anything possible with committee, but I haven’t seen anyone propose a non champ Georgia going in over champ Texas.  

1 minute ago, nycHorn said:

They’re going to put both these teams in the playoff if Bama wins.

Yep.   Anyone who thinks otherwise is kdding themselves.   The only way I could see UGa not getting in would have been a 3-4 TD loss to Bama.   They lose 24-20 or somethign like that and both UGA and Bama get in ahead of us.   Then we're praying for FSU AND Michigan losses later.  

3 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

They’re going to put both these teams in the playoff if Bama wins.

No the fuck they arent

Just now, Macanudo said:

Yep.   Anyone who thinks otherwise is kdding themselves.   The only way I could see UGa not getting in would have been a 3-4 TD loss to Bama.   They lose 24-20 or somethign like that and both UGA and Bama get in ahead of us.   Then we're praying for FSU AND Michigan losses later.  

Let's compare the 3 teams:

1. Conference Championship (Bama and Texas) (Bonus point for Texas they beat the SEC champs and are the only team in the field with a win over another playoff team) Tex > Bama > Georgia

2. Head 2 Head (Adv Texas who beat Bama) (Adv Bama who beat Georgia) Tex > Bama > Georgia

Shit this isnt going to well for Georgia, let's move to item 3....

3. Strength of Schedule (Texas > Bama > Georgia)

Well shit there is always...

4. Common Opponents (Adv Texas who beat Bama on the road) (Georgia lost to Bama at a neutral site)

Well there you have it folks, obviously Georgia is going to get in over Texas!!! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

Texas needs 1 upset

That upset can be Alabama winning or Louisville winning

Not sure why this is so hard for y'all to grasp

I think you trust those old corpses in the committee more than you should. I can't see any way they leave out the SEC champ. They'll come up with some way to ignore our win in Tuscaloosa. 

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

We have 10 years of evidence that says that isn't happening. 

• Like 1