Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

Per usual, boring AF. If not for the history and money involved, I'd have this up there for races to drop.

On the KMag Perez incident.... KMag should have backed out, I think it's mostly on him and probably penalty worthy. But Checo knew he was there - or he checked his mirrors and saw.... Nothing? Checo could have given him room knowing full well if he didn't, it was likely game over for both. 

Then again, maybe he'd rather crash out instead of white knuckle racing between metal barriers where either any mistake will bin you and the car or you're likely not passing anyone anyways. 

Let’s see I’ll be on Mayfair Witches but I’ll also be going to as many F1 races as I can. 

Oh, really? Where are we going to see you again?
Mayfair Witches. 

I feel sorry for her boyfriend. After fucking her a few times I bet he is questioning his life choices.

I would consider going to Monaco for that. 
The current GP is boring AF unless there's rain.

They will never have a separate car for a race. Way too costly. Maybe the use all 3 tires for 10+ laps each could work, but then it’s just a pit stop race. Still boring.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Per usual, boring AF. If not for the history and money involved, I'd have this up there for races to drop.

On the KMag Perez incident.... KMag should have backed out, I think it's mostly on him and probably penalty worthy. But Checo knew he was there - or he checked his mirrors and saw.... Nothing? Checo could have given him room knowing full well if he didn't, it was likely game over for both. 

Then again, maybe he'd rather crash out instead of white knuckle racing between metal barriers where either any mistake will bin you and the car or you're likely not passing anyone anyways. 

He did see him going by the footage, but I don't think any drivers would move over in that situation to let someone pass them when they are trying a move that there isn't room for on the track.  I would imagine he didn't even consider Magnussen would try it.

Edited by kevwun

We all know it can't be exciting anymore, without rain to help.  Qualy is the competition, and the race is simply beautiful views and fast cars and excessive wealth on display.  I love it for what it is.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

I just really think that even if Checo saw him there, he never thought even KMag would try such a stupid move, because nobody passes there - for exactly this reason - and he figured he'd back out as he should. That's a crazy place to try a move.

Nothing new though. KMag's always been a dumbass and a menace in a similar mold to Ocon, who also tried an unbelievably stupid move at Portier ffs. Dumbass.

ETA: or just, you know, what @kevwun said.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mittens said:

We all know it can't be exciting anymore, without rain to help.  Qualy is the competition, and the race is simply beautiful views and fast cars and excessive wealth on display.  I love it for what it is.

I agree, except it can be more exciting again, if they go to a much lighter engine formula that allows them to reduce floor/car size again. With the smaller cars, it was difficult to pass at Monaco, but it was possible and it happened. Now it's just pretty much impossible and rarely happens. And that's exactly what they're talking about doing. Even the next chassis formula is supposed to be a reduction of size. It's not a huge redutction, but it's a start.

These heavy PUs and huge cars are sucking the life out of F1.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

23 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

At least Saturday quali was fairly entertaining. That's the best part of the weekend. That and the grid walk lol. They way Brundle told Mbappe's handler to GTFO was glorious.

I was impressed he was able to maintain eye contact with Daddario; I’d have found it impossible to go stare at her glorious tits. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 11:52 AM, wood said:

It used to happen at least some of the time, but these fucking cars are just huge. So stupid. Switching to this PU formula has screwed up the racing so many ways.

Saw a tweet yesterday that said there were more cut aways to girlfriends (7) than passes (5)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 5/26/2024 at 1:54 PM, Mr. Drummond said:

Just for this one race can we try 2 mandatory pit stops, have to use all 3 tire compounds, red flags don't count as pit stops. If you can't pass anyway, at least add in mandatory strategy. 

Let them do whatever but don't let the tire change count as the mandatory stop

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

I just really think that even if Checo saw him there, he never thought even KMag would try such a stupid move, because nobody passes there - for exactly this reason - and he figured he'd back out as he should. That's a crazy place to try a move.

Nothing new though. KMag's always been a dumbass and a menace in a similar mold to Ocon, who also tried an unbelievably stupid move at Portier ffs. Dumbass.

ETA: or just, you know, what @kevwun said.

In Magnussen's slight defense, nobody passes anywhere. The first couple of turns on the first lap, while it's still bunched up, is about as good a chance as any, before everyone gets up to full speed in a single file line.

21 hours ago, NoName said:

Saw a tweet yesterday that said there were more cut aways to girlfriends (7) than passes (5)

I guess I missed that during my nap between laps 15 and 70.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, NoName said:

To be fair, this is a stellar crop of F1 WAGS

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

To be fair, this is a stellar crop of F1 WAGS

Adrian Sutil had the best one of recent memory.

And can we just throw all the drivers in Porsche Super Cup cars for a sprint race session? There would be some rubbing.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Haas selling his nascar team. Hopefully the F1 team is next

LOL maybe he's getting tired of everyone saying (rightfully) that "F1 needs a real American team". 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Man...  F1 life is the shit.

It does not seem like it sucks. Even just spending time in the Paddock the 2 or 3 times I've been there was instantly-addictive.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:32 PM, Slacks said:

Man...  F1 life is the shit.

If I could come back as as athlete with a decade long career I used to think I would want to be a baseball star

Now? Fuck that. I would want to be an f1 driver lol

• Hook 'Em 4

maybe, just maybe, it doesn't pay off to be a massive asshole to every teammate you have.

from reddit:

Pierre Gasly has won the French Civil War.

+

Alpine's 100 race plan to have 100% turnover of staff is really progressing well.

this certainly puts a new color on that stupid wreck he caused last weekend.

According to multiple articles, Alpine had told Ocon even before Monaco that he won’t be renewed

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NoName said:

maybe, just maybe, it doesn't pay off to be a massive asshole to every teammate you have.

from reddit:

+

this certainly puts a new color on that stupid wreck he caused last weekend.

Ocon was already planning to leave so this announcement is more about timing by Alpine and them trying to save face amidst being an absolute dumpster fire of a team/organization.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

I'd say this might be the end of his F1 career.

Maybe.  He's still a good driver, despite his teammate issues.  There's been a lot of rumors about Ocon to Haas,  it's unclear whether that's to replace K Mag or take Bearman's spot alongside K Mag. An Ocon-K Mag might be one of the most entertainingly crashy lineups in the history of F1.  If Haas doesn't work out, then his options could get thin. I would think Sauber/Audi would be his only option after that since Sainz doesn't seem to want to go there. 

It's interesting. A lot of rumors are popping up that Sainz may choose Williams over Sauber/Audi next year. Seems like a weird choice, but apparently Audi wants Sainz locked in for many years, while Williams would give him flexibility to jump teams if a better spot opens up in the next year or two. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

So we drove back to Germany the morning after the race. As I said before we did not attend this year. No need. But, on the drive we passed the AMG Safety Car hauler, an Aston hauler, an Alpine hauler and even better, a Porsche Motorsports hauler. I was not driving this stint and was sort of sleeping so I missed taking a picture of the AMG hauler but, I did get these.

I must have pissed off a few driving gods because on our way out of Germany I took the first stint and had wicked rain all the way to Geneva. On the way back I took the second stint and as soon as we crossed the Rhine the heavens opened and the rain was awful. I only got about 15-20 minutes of good speed driving at about 125 mph. That's it. And then, when I drove back to Pittsburgh from Dulles again, rain, thankfully not as bad as the other two days.

Once we got to Lake Geneva I asked the other three in the car if anyone wanted to turn left and head to Montreux for the night to see if we could "burn down the gamblin' house".

That reference fell flat.

IMG_9770.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

IMG_9778.jpeg

IMG_9779.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

One of the biggest gravel bike races in the US, maybe the world, took place this past weekend.  It is an absolutely brutal race attracting some incredible talent globally.  Valtteri Bottas finished 33rd in the men's 100 mile race.  That is an insane result against some elite amateur cyclists.  Trying to train for that in the middle of the F1 season is also mind-blowing.  

image.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

One of the biggest gravel bike races in the US, maybe the world, took place this past weekend.  It is an absolutely brutal race attracting some incredible talent globally.  Valtteri Bottas finished 33rd in the men's 100 mile race.  That is an insane result against some elite amateur cyclists.  Trying to train for that in the middle of the F1 season is also mind-blowing.  

image.png.2427297b8f177ad291a60764f5867255.png

I think he got second for his age group.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bodhi said:

image.png

His girlfriend is a world class cyclist, specializing in gravel racing. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Checo re-signed for two more years at Red Bull. The Constructor’s title fight is on for the next three seasons boyz!  

I saw one guy reporting it’s a 1+1 with a team option, which would make more sense. Still kind of shocked they stayed with Checo when Sainz is available. I guess they think giving Max the absolute best possible shot at WDC over the next 2 years is way more important than the WCC.