Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They don’t like being reminded that they aren’t a blue blood because they think of themselves as a blue blood. Sark putting that mirror up to them pisses them off. 
My dad was a husky fan and grew up in Bremerton. I have some relationships with a couple of his friends, my cousins went to school there, etc. 

I agree, though even the move to USC wasn't as bad as Riley leaving OU for USC. That's where Sark got his start so he had strong connections to the program. I could see being disappointed, but hating the guy seems a bit much.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Does all that mean we can expect something like this at the game

F0A9F413-63A4-4B81-9952-C8FD63F02277.webp

The song girl travels through time cheering on heinous historical events was probably hornfans.com peak moment.  Side note I just went over there and sure enough somehow that site is still online and people still post lol.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

First the stole the land, then they stole the Sonics and renamed them the Thunder and thought nobody would notice.

Scared Baby GIF
Kirk Herbsteit remembers the thunder… of the ground shaking. 😁

13 hours ago, troph said:

as a mom of teenage boys I can say I respond to "bruh" now more reliably than any other name.

Tell me about it. Do you also “slay” from time to time?

40 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The more I think about this game the more I think we might kick their ass. 

Would love it to happen, but Udub seems a formidable opponent and will be a tough test and close score. I think we score late to win. 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

The Sark hate is weird. He left the program in much better shape than he found it and UW got a great coach when he left. That wasn't a Jimbo/FSU situation where he burned down the program on the way out.

Totally agree with you here.  Many UW fans are delusional to think that UW is a final destination target for great coaches.

And in retrospect, it worked out well for both sides in the long run.  Although it was rough for Sark at first, in the end he's a much better coach and in position to have a long successful run like Mack Brown had at UT and Pete Carroll did at USC.

And UW got Chris Petersen who took them a step higher to 10+ wins per year and a playoff, instead of 8 wins per year. And now we have Kalen DeBoer, who imo, makes me more hopeful than any coach of any sports team I've ever rooted for.  He's 67-4 after his 1st year at every place he's been.  It's hard to express how much hope and confidence this guy gives us fans.  And I was one of those guys who said "Who the F?!" when we hired him.  

But from what I'm hearing, he's a master delegator and overseer, not the one doing the X's and O's.  Which means if we lose coordinators, we must depend on his ability to find good ones.  And I know that his name will be attached to virtually every job opening from here on out.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Totally agree with you here.  Many UW fans are delusional to think that UW is a final destination target for great coaches.
And in retrospect, it worked out well for both sides in the long run.  Although it was rough for Sark at first, in the end he's a much better coach and in position to have a long successful run like Mack Brown had at UT and Pete Carroll did at USC.
And UW got Chris Petersen who took them a step higher to 10+ wins per year and a playoff, instead of 8 wins per year. And now we have Kalen DeBoer, who imo, makes me more hopeful than any coach of any sports team I've ever rooted for.  He's 67-4 after his 1st year at every place he's been.  It's hard to express how much hope and confidence this guy gives us fans.  And I was one of those guys who said "Who the F?!" when we hired him.  
But from what I'm hearing, he's a master delegator and overseer, not the one doing the X's and O's.  Which means if we lose coordinators, we must depend on his ability to find good ones.  And I know that his name will be attached to virtually every job opening from here on out.  

DKR left Washington to coach at Texas!

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They don’t like being reminded that they aren’t a blue blood because they think of themselves as a blue blood. Sark putting that mirror up to them pisses them off. 
My dad was a husky fan and grew up in Bremerton. I have some relationships with a couple of his friends, my cousins went to school there, etc. 

they get even more pissy when you suggest that the value of their degree is anything lower than Stanford. I worked with a guy that was a Washington grad. As a joke i photoshopped a Wendy's coupon onto the corner of a Washington diploma. He never spoke to me again. Worth it.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

22 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

My Brother and I had talked and decided if Texas played Washington we would go. We are both Texas fans but his wife went to UW so it works out. Well I get a call today saying “we decided to buy airfare and stuff for the national championship since one tell will be in…….sorry”. I mean I get it but it was the perfect game to go And see. Little disappointed because I’m not buying natty tickets before we are in it. 

See you in New Orleans. https://texassugarbowl.party

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I checked out their website, they are complete morons that would give aggy a run for their money.   

Seriously, that board is 100% full of everything phobic, morons. I assume there is some other board where people who actually went to the university post.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Seriously, that board is 100% full of everything phobic, morons. I assume there is some other board where people who actually went to the university post.

It was pretty surprising that they were so willfully stupid.   But from what I have seen on other platforms it does seem representative of their fanbase in general.  I love how Sweat is just a fat guy  (Mt. Cody-type) in their minds and I really hope their team and staff reflect their fanbase.   They have no idea what is about to hit them.   They actually believed the Oregon hype and think Alabama is a pushover. 

36 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

They’ve substituted the retort “so” and ones like it along with the use of bigoted language for humor, sarcasm, witty retorts. It’s not a very good look.

I think Oregon was pretty overrated. Their schemes are rudimentary and they rely on out-athleteing the other team on offense more than they should. They had a hard time doing that. Defensively, they seem to play hard but not disciplined. Constantly getting out-leveraged and they overpursue to the ball, opening up cutback lanes. 

We generally play much more disciplined on defense. When guys get caught out of position, it usually gets cleaned up by the next series.

On offense, we have guys who can out-athlete most guys. Xavier Worthy can get open against anyone on most plays. Sark still schemes him open because he can. Why make it harder than it needs to be?

I think we'll be able to run and pass on those guys more consistently than they will on us. If Burke/Sorrell/Finkley can stay disciplined on the edge, the plays will come to them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think Oregon was pretty overrated. Their schemes are rudimentary and they rely on out-athleteing the other team on offense more than they should. They had a hard time doing that. Defensively, they seem to play hard but not disciplined. Constantly getting out-leveraged and they overpursue to the ball, opening up cutback lanes. 
We generally play much more disciplined on defense. When guys get caught out of position, it usually gets cleaned up by the next series.
On offense, we have guys who can out-athlete most guys. Xavier Worthy can get open against anyone on most plays. Sark still schemes him open because he can. Why make it harder than it needs to be?
I think we'll be able to run and pass on those guys more consistently than they will on us. If Burke/Sorrell/Finkley can stay disciplined on the edge, the plays will come to them.
Yep. This is who they have been forever now. Which is why they usually fail in the end. Especially against similar competition. They remind me of just a little better version of USC. They do the same things.

I hope their players feel the same way.

haieMember, Swaye's WigwamPosts: 19,034

December 15

Cmon, if you really want to have a good football discussion you have to acknowledge that all of Texas' players are better even though they played in the most limp dick power 5 conference and still lost a game.

-Dafaggs

RaceBannonMember, Swaye's WigwamPosts: 97,945

December 15

PurpleJ said:

Worthy probably wouldn’t even start on our team.

I can't think of any Texas players that could

BleachedAnusDawgMemberPosts: 9,735

December 8

If we? lose because of a fatass nose tackle shut it down.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Look, I have respect for Penix, their receivers and their offensive coaching staff. I think they are all really good. Penix sucks when there is pressure up the middle in his face, which should be our biggest strength against their biggest weakness. They won’t be stopping us. So, we shut him down and buttfuck them or we don’t get that pressure in his face, he picks us apart and it’s a high scoring coinflip game that could go either way. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Look, I have respect for Penix, their receivers and their offensive coaching staff. I think they are all really good. Penix sucks when there is pressure up the middle in his face, which should be our biggest strength against their biggest weakness. They won’t be stopping us. So, we shut him down and buttfuck them or we don’t get that pressure in his face, he picks us apart and it’s a high scoring coinflip game that could go either way. 

Sign me on to this.

• Hook 'Em 1

A lot of people here keep pointing to the same group of Texas players as the difference makers and the reason why Texas will win (Sweat, Ewers, Worthy, Murphy etc). Didn’t all those guys play in the Alamo Bowl that we beat you all in pretty comfortably? I get that players get better YOY but that works for both teams. And don’t tell me you all didn’t care about the Alamo Bowl. It was pretty clear from Sark’s demeanor before that game that he wanted to win BADLY. 

Oregon was ranked higher than Texas each time UW played them this year and before the Pac 12 CG everyone convinced themselves Oregon would win despite the recent head to head evidence that UW was better. 

I know this post will not convince anyone so whatever. Just had to say something. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 14

4 minutes ago, JLake said:

A lot of people here keep pointing to the same group of Texas players as the difference makers and the reason why Texas will win (Sweat, Ewers, Worthy, Murphy etc). Didn’t all those guys play in the Alamo Bowl that we beat you all in pretty comfortably? I get that players get better YOY but that works for both teams. And don’t tell me you all didn’t care about the Alamo Bowl. It was pretty clear from Sark’s demeanor before that game that he wanted to win BADLY. 

Oregon was ranked higher than Texas each time UW played them this year and before the Pac 12 CG everyone convinced themselves Oregon would win despite the recent head to head evidence that UW was better. 

I know this post will not convince anyone so whatever. Just had to say something. 

Have you bothered to watch Texas actually play a game since the Alamo bowl? It's a rhetorical question by the way, because I already know the answer. 

Enjoy your short time on this forum. It will end poorly.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, JLake said:

Hey cool, thanks for joining and regurgitating the same tired shit, yet again. Glad you were able to get that off your chest.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Have you bothered to watch Texas actually play a game since the Alamo bowl? It's a rhetorical question by the way, because I already know the answer. 

Enjoy your short time on this forum. It will end poorly.

Oregon said the same thing before the PAC 12 CG. They were demolishing their competition, were considered the most impressive 1 loss team in the country and ranked ahead of Texas just two weeks ago. How did that turn out for them?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 10

7 minutes ago, JLake said:

Mitchell didn't play. Anthony Hill didn't play. Baxter didn't play. Blue didn't play. Malik Mohammad didn't play. Worthy had a broken hand. Our oline was full of freshman and sophomores. I mean, we were a four loss team last year. We weren't very good. And you didn't even play that four loss team since our best defender and 70% of our offense didn't play. 

Just now, JLake said:

Oregon said the same thing before the PAC 12 CG. They were demolishing their competition, were considered the most impressive 1 loss team in the country and ranked ahead of Texas just two weeks ago. How did that turn out for them?

Oregon sucks. Who cares.

1 minute ago, JLake said:

So Oregon fans were rhetorically asking you if you'd seen Texas play since the Alamo Bowl prior to the Pac championship game?!?!

That seem really fucking odd, but okay. I'll take your word for it. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JLake said:

mitchell didn’t. Worthy had a broken hand. Ewers yes, he actually played well but that team wasn’t a QB centric team so they were way off with 2/3 of the RB room and a top 10 NFL pick on the sideline.

Banks was a true freshman. The entire line came back. 

sweat decided to quit partying and won the fucking Outland (I know big 12 OLs are shit). 

our starting MLB isn’t sidelined and we’ve got some stud freshmen who helped as early as the Bama game (ant hill with 2 sacks and the spy on Milroe learning on the fly).

This team has the big 12 and pac 12 offense with the SEC big boys on the DL. Look fuck the SEC but you take their physicality and match the offenses of the big 12 and PAC 12 and you’ve got something. 

And frankly, we don’t think Oregon is that good. 

and the trajectory has been pretty consistent.

Edited by troph

8 minutes ago, JLake said:

Last year Washington showed up with virtually no one opting out if the game. Texas had several, including Bijan Robinson, the number 8 pick in the draft and his backup, Roschon Johnson who was number 115. That hindered the offense considerably. We know Washington is good, but most of us heard this same "we're unbeatable, why even show up?" stuff from USC. They're not unbeatable.  

You played against us without our 1 and 2 RBs, as well as Overshown on defense.

Totally different team, as we added Mitchell to the mix. Quinn is a year more seasoned too.

Hook’em!!!

7 minutes ago, JLake said:

Bro thinks past performance is indicative of future results

I change my answer. Fuck it. I’m convinced. WA got waaaaay better this year and Texas regressed. Turn off the lights fellas, last call was a 30 minutes ago, the jukebox stopped playing, and the place has cleared out. I’ll call y’all a cab you’re seriously drunk. Texas is toast and so are you. 

• Haha 1

Most of us didn't think we would win last year.  We had major issues on both lines, it was like Ewers sixth game ever, Worthy had a broken hand, we had no other receivers.  The guys who carried the offense had opted out for the draft.  And we really didn't beat any teams as good as Washington last year.

And it's not even that Oregon isn't a good team.  It's that they play a brand of football known to completely flop against similar athletes.  They are great at beating up on middling Pac teams.  They couldn't even pull away from one of the more terrible Tech teams of recent and should have lost that game.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Last year Washington showed up with virtually no one opting out if the game. Texas had several, including Bijan Robinson, the number 8 pick in the draft and his backup, Roschon Johnson who was number 115. That hindered the offense considerably. We know Washington is good, but most of us heard this same "we're unbeatable, why even show up?" stuff from USC. They're not unbeatable.  

2023 Washington could not hold 2005 USC’s jock. 

26 minutes ago, JLake said:

So beating Alabama earlier this year doesn’t give you any confidence if you faced them in the NC?

I’d rather face Michigan. Because reasons. Because reasons named I can think analytically, and reasons named Nick Saban you malicious, malarkey, malfeasor. Seriously, fuck off. Anyone wants him with a month to prepare his team for a championship is fucking delusional. There is no better post season coach in the history of college football - he’s only won 70% of those national championship games he’s coached in. Jesus.

But to your question, fuck yeah. Texas draws Bama? fuck em. Let’s ride - their entire program is 0-7 if we keep our first string QB in the game.  And we beat them with every last single player on our side and theirs too, same season, three months ago. If you can’t see Texas was in the opt out bowl last year and that ain’t the same this year, whatever, stop hanging out here and get your porn on because ain’t nobody gonna join you in your masturbatory fest.

Edited by troph

25 minutes ago, troph said:

I’d rather face Michigan. Because reasons. Because reasons named I can think analytically, and reasons named Nick Saban you malicious, malarkey, malfeasor. Seriously, fuck off. Anyone wants him with a month to prepare his team for a championship is fucking delusional. There is no better post season coach in the history of college football - he’s only won 70% of those national championship games he’s coached in. Jesus.

But to your question, fuck yeah. Texas draws Bama? fuck em. Let’s ride - their entire program is 0-7 if we keep our first string QB in the game.  And we beat them with every last single player on our side and theirs too, same season, three months ago. If you can’t see Texas was in the opt out bowl last year and that ain’t the same this year, whatever, stop hanging out here and get your porn on because ain’t nobody gonna join you in your masturbatory fest.

Hang on man, masturbation fest? Is this guy an collie in husky clothing?

1 hour ago, JLake said:

You never HAVE to say anything... 

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, JLake said:

So beating Alabama earlier this year doesn’t give you any confidence if you faced them in the NC?

Yes, because we actually faced the same team this season. This isn't a four loss Texas team with a QB playing his first real games in 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Hang on man, masturbation fest? Is this guy a collie in husky clothing?

What the fuck else would you call their collective behavior? it’s some kinda Bevis and Butthead, slurry and bigoted, adolescent, self obsession. So I can only assume he’s touching himself. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic