Week 14, 2023, Texas v Washington, College Football Playoff Edition

Wulaw Horn

Urban Meyer is still very high on this UT team:

Big Noon Kickoff analyst and former CFB coach Urban Meyer joins Colin Cowherd to break down the CFP matchups between No. 1 Michigan and No. 4 Alabama and No. 2 Washington vs. No. 3 Texas. Watch as Coach Meyer breaks down why Alabama will upset Michigan in the Rose Bowl and why Texas's defensive unit resembles the 2008 National Champion Florida Gators.

#TheHerd #CFB #Alabama

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the over 61.5 is looking damn good.  I can't see either team stopping the other. Will come down to a turnover late. 

34 to 31. Texas defense comes up big in 4th quarter.

12 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Urban Meyer is still very high on this UT team:

They keep calling us the best team money / NIL can buy. Adonai Mitchell? It's not like our recruiting NIL has given us #1 classes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Not that it needs to be said again, but Cowherd is an idiot. Washington is a heavily penalized team.

I remember driving from the Dayton airport to Columbus and listening to this clown literally laugh at the idea that Texas had a chance in the Shoe at night. Luckily for him, he doesn’t get paid to be right, just to get attention. Saying stupid things is a really good way to do that. I’m looking at you, too, Bohls. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

I remember driving from the Dayton airport to Columbus and listening to this clown literally laugh at the idea that Texas had a chance in the Shoe at night. Luckily for him, he doesn’t get paid to be right, just to get attention. Saying stupid things is a really good way to do that. I’m looking at you, too, Bohls. 

I'm not sure I've ever paid attention to Bohls, but I remember the locals being convinced they were going to crush Texas.

• Pancho locked this topic
  • Pancho unlocked this topic
On 12/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, Atticus said:

I've watched just about every UW game this year. Penix is a capable scrambler, I think he'd beat Ford or Thompson/Taaffe to the edge if he needed to. I don't think he has much wiggle after the two torn acls in his right knee, but he can get going in a single direction.

They may not want to, but they can, and we have shown some vulnerability there this season.

I expect Quinn to run when given the opportunity on Monday as well.

Penix's mobility really added salt to the wound in this game. Zone read pulls to inside runs? Pretty sure they haven't shown that much if at all this year.

On 12/18/2023 at 11:44 AM, Atticus said:

Fully agree with this. We can and have shown ways to expose their weaknesses throughout the season. Their main win condition is for Penix to have a 2022 Arizona, 2023 Boise St, 2022-2023 Mich St. type game. Even then, Quinn could match him and they would have a very hard time.

We also have the revenge factor, which can't be overlooked. We owe them for last year.

Penix was fucking lethal last night. There was one point in the game where Penix was like 6-8 and 190 yards, and Ewers was 5-14 for 68 yards. near the end of the first half.

He was like 21-24 for 350+ yards in the fourth quarter. He rarely moved off his presnap read from what I saw. Threw dimes all day, and his receivers would have caught passes with their feet if needed. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...