2024 CFP SEMIFINAL SUGAR BOWL FUNDRAISER - TICKETS ARE FOR SALE NOW

immamac

19 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Two friends and I got robbed at gunpoint in the Quarter in May of 2005.

We were being stupid: It was late, there weren't many people around, and yes we were very drunk. 

That was 18 years ago, but I'll say: Don't be stupid and you should be fine. 

Did you fall for buying drugs or sex to then get lured into an alley?

39 minutes ago, ToY said:

Friend who is ~2600 got denied.

Damn. 

I never had a chance. 

55 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Which Surly poster is most likely to fall for the "20 bucks says I can tell you where you got them shoes" scam in the Quarter?

On yo’ feet! 

anyone who got tix will be shoved in the upper deck/600s.  That's where they were put in 2018 and that was a lower demand.  But at the same time it made it easier to buy better seats on the secondary market and go sit where you want.  Will not be as affordable to do so this year.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/6/2023 at 7:20 PM, Hondo said:

Assuming you're coming from Texas (I-10 from Houston or I-20/I-49 from DFW)...check traffic on the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge before you get to Lafayette.  If there's an issue on the bridge, just shoot south on Hwy 90 and come into New Orleans that way.  Watch your speed.  They run traffic a ton, particularly the stretch between Morgan City and New Orleans.

If you take the Basin Bridge to Baton Rouge, top of on fuel and take a piss before you leave Lafayette.  If things go south, you could be sitting quite some time.

This is why I would rather drive from Pearland to El Paso than Pearland to New Orleans. Driving east sucks. 

5 minutes ago, Hornsome said:

Got my tickets!  I was excited until I read I will be “shoved in the upper deck/600s.”Fuck it, I’m still excited just hope I survive until then.  

I got tix as well and that's where we'll be but there are far worse places to be than watching the Horns shit hammered in New Orleans, in the upper deck of the Sugar Bowl on New Years day with a chance to go to the big salami

• Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, BurntJones said:

Is that 31k people that requested, or just 31k tickets that were requested?

31K requests - foundation requested submitted for tickets.

There are some surly ballers on here. I am guessing cut was around $4000

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

This is what I’m counting on as I keep an eye tix. A good friend also works kinda high up for Academy so I'm hoping she can hook it up

Texas fans are thirsty

Yeah. Some thirsty little sluts. They need to be punished.

Wait what were we talking about?

• Haha 4
  • Prepare your anus 2

13 hours ago, immamac said:

Especially when they don’t use the fucking seats and they just end up on the secondary market. It’s such bullshit. 

That's what's screwed up in this entire thing.  The cutoff was so high that you will end up having a lot of high net worth donors get shitty seats from the UT allotment.  They will have the means and desire to pay substantially more for better seats.  So those tix will just end up on the secondary market to be purchased at a markup by smaller donors that just want to get in the stadium.  Obviously the biggest issue here is the allotment.  It's an absolute joke that the schools are only getting a combined 26,000 seats with 50K+ going to sponsors or otherwise to the "public" (i.e., purchased by large brokers) over the summer.   Beyond ridiculous.  Schools absolutely should get a larger allotment with significantly more premium seats included.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, ballrific said:

anyone who got tix will be shoved in the upper deck/600s.  That's where they were put in 2018 and that was a lower demand.  But at the same time it made it easier to buy better seats on the secondary market and go sit where you want.  Will not be as affordable to do so this year.

We didn’t get put in upper deck in 2018. To be fair though, we’re pretty high in the loyalty rankings.

Edited by LonghornSean

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Ok, it looks like we are going to do Manning's Upstairs + Courtyard + Fulton Street spillover. If we sell more than 1000 we will take over all of manning's if we sell more than 1500 by Monday we will be doing an entire block party including Grand Isle and Fulton Alley. It is very important that tomorrow when I put up the link for pre-sales that if you want to go that you sign up. This event will max out at 4500 people. 

$100 to get in, includes food buffet all day and cash bar and $50 dollar donation to Texas One Fund. (950 available as of now)

$175 (may go up to $200 still negotiating the time of open bar) for VIP, includes food buffet and premium alcohol all day, also includes $50 donation to Texas One Fund. (100 available as of now)

$500 for Texas MVP Package, gonna be cool when announced. (TBD on how many available, fairly exclusive probably 30 or less)

Cash Bar sales up to 50k go directly to Texas One Fund for the GA folks. 

I am taking a 0% cut of all sales and all proceeds that do not cover fees/whatever costs etc is going to Texas One Fund. This has the potential to pay for the needs of a significant chunk of the rosters if we pull it off. Anything you can do to help promote this please do, that includes any hookups you have at local news stations in DFW/Houston/San Antonio/Austin/New Orleans

I love a Bourbon St. bar crawl pregame (did this for 03 final four and last sugar bowl) but may try to squeeze this in as well.  Looks great.  I know some friends I'll be meeting up with are making the sad choice of bringing their kids to NOLA.   Will minors be allowed entry (presumably via the $100 ticket?).    Appreciate the effort getting this set up and everything else you do for NIL.

15 minutes ago, Skipper said:

did this for 03 final four

Those 5 days almost killed me. Months before the event, we rented an  apartment in the quarter that slept 4 obviously not knowing who was playing. It was me and three guys from Marquette who were housemates when I lived in Milwaukee. I think we  maxed out with something like 15 people at peak capacity. One shitter, one shower, no place to sleep, guys and gals. Place was a f'n hazmat scene upon departure. The dude that owned the place lived across the courtyard, and he was screaming at me as I was stumbling to the airport (reservation was in my name). Nothing was broken, it just needed a deep, deep  clean. We forfeited the deposit, lulz. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

I love a Bourbon St. bar crawl pregame (did this for 03 final four and last sugar bowl) but may try to squeeze this in as well.  Looks great.  I know some friends I'll be meeting up with are making the sad choice of bringing their kids to NOLA.   Will minors be allowed entry (presumably via the $100 ticket?).    Appreciate the effort getting this set up and everything else you do for NIL.

Minors allowed. I can waive the donation for kiddos if that gets too rich for their blood have them contact me. Rick@surlyhorns.com

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Jeez. Missed it by about 250.

One would think this puts me in the mix for Championship Game tickets assuming we do get the 20,000 they mentioned in the email.

All depends on how many of that extra 7K get gobbled up by UT corporate sponsors, plus how many people 2,244 and higher requested tix for the NCG but not the Sugar Bowl. Wouldn’t think the latter group would be that huge but who knows…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to 2024 CFP SEMIFINAL SUGAR BOWL FUNDRAISER - TICKETS ARE FOR SALE NOW
  • blacklab unpinned this topic
  • Pancho pinned this topic