CFP Semifinal: Michigan/Alabama Rose Bowl - 4pm CT ESPN

ztejas

Just now, heso said:

Crazy this is going to be a 3 point game at half. Feels so much more lopsided than that. 

Yep.  Mich pressing all the right buttons for a 3 point lead.  Tenuous and could change quick. Saban seems to be a competent HC.  

2nd half will be interesting.  

1 minute ago, heso said:

Crazy this is going to be a 3 point game at half. Feels so much more lopsided than that. 

Bama is fortunate.  we'll see what Saban can do.  

Michigan has figured out they don't really have a response to delayed blitz.  They have to trust Milroe or bring on a screen/short game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Bama is fortunate.  we'll see what Saban can do.  

Michigan has figured out they don't really have a response to delayed blitz.  They have to trust Milroe or bring on a screen/short game.

Saban is the Emperor of halftime adjustments for a reason. Alabama is still very much the favourite here.

Not really sure what Michigan can do much better in the second half. Gotta be an uneasy feeling kicking off to Alabama only up 3 after dominating the first half. Going to be interesting to see what Saban does with the offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Saban is the Emperor of halftime adjustments for a reason. Alabama is still very much the favourite here.

I'm not sure I would say that.  It's hard for even Saban to overcome getting beat in the trenches.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Alright—about time to head out to find a bar here in West Hollywood.  I saw the boy march this morning in the Tournament of Roses Parade and got plenty of comments on my Longhorns sweater—quick observation: the Tournament of Roses people all speak very fondly of Texas’s trips out here.

But fun time is over—time to get down to business. Fuck Washington. And while we’re at it, fuck Alabama and fuck Michigan, too.

Barney's Beanery

• Like 2

I guess all that Milroe is a different QB today than compared to when Texas played them bullshit that Bama/SEC fans were spewing to try to get Bama in ahead of Texas if push came to shove was just a load of bullshit.  Their O-line, QB play, and WR are exactly who we thought they were.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Im going to question your police work here lou. No team with an offensive line getting as thoroughly worked as Bama's is a favorite. 

Alabama only legitimately ran the ball 12 times in that first half (and a few of those could have been scrambles that actually gained yards, I just subtracted the 5 sacks from their total rushses)....that would seem to be the first thing to change.

Edited by Surly Bevo

I guess all that Milroe is a different QB today than compared to when Texas played them bullshit that Bama/SEC fans were spewing to try to get Bama in ahead of Texas if push came to shove was just a load of bullshit.  Their O-line, QB play, and WR are exactly who we thought they were.

You want to crown them?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Alright—about time to head out to find a bar here in West Hollywood.  I saw the boy march this morning in the Tournament of Roses Parade and got plenty of comments on my Longhorns sweater—quick observation: the Tournament of Roses people all speak very fondly of Texas’s trips out here.

But fun time is over—time to get down to business. Fuck Washington. And while we’re at it, fuck Alabama and fuck Michigan, too.

This is the most unintentionally gayest post in the history of Surly... NTTAWWI.

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Haha 2

Hey, did y'all know we played Washington in the Alamo bowl last year and lost 27-20? All the talking heads have mentioned it on every channel 100 times. I guess they don't know Texas got better after having a frosh O-line and a frosh QB and no RB'S?

But why bring logic into this?

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, USNALonghorn said:

He’s not wrong about the second part

If the options are dumping the CFP committee or Danny Kanell on a desert island forever I'm picking Danny.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1