NFL Week 14.

Texzilla58

56 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

While Reid took the position that the ref is supposed to warn the player, Mahomes is standing on the hill that the brilliant play was negated by a “bad call”. Like the flag was thrown after the TD. The flag is in the air when the ball is snapped.

Toney has a brain the size of a hazelnut. What a fucking idiot. He’s looking right at the ball. He also had a momentous drop.

KC fan tweets are saying Toney confirmed with the ref.  They are obviously put out with Toney, so they aren't just blindly defending the guy.

My question is did the ref think it was Toney asking if he's covering up the LT on the LOS or confirming if Toney was not offsides.  In the end, Toney owns it either way.  You literally learn that shit in Pop Warner, with regard to alignment.  It's sloppy and lazy.

refs are WAY inconsistent.  Chief players keep fucking up worse than the refs ever have.

Edited by slorch

44 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Lulz, fuck Mahomes. Amazing QB, but also an insufferable dildo. Can't believe the Broncos have a shot after their 1-5 start. 

Or the Bengals having a shot if they can win out basically with the wildcard spots so tight in the AFC. Both the Broncos and Bengals are ascending. That’s interesting. Texans are done without weapons on offense and their defense just fell apart. Colts got blasted by the Bengals. Chargers suck and will be firing their HC. Pittsburg with or without KP not good. I think the WCs will wind up being the Bengals and the Broncos somehow but I could make a case for the Bills. Anyway a team that begins with a “B” write it down and book it. 

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I still don't get it, is their suggestion to pick up the flag after the fact because it was a fun play? He was very clearly offsides. What do these people think should have happened?

They think the officials should have been nice enough to inform the champions that their idiot receiver is way offsides. 

They have gotten so many calls, so many that have helped decide games in their favor, when it didn't happen on this play, those bitches scream at how it's unfair. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I still don't get it, is their suggestion to pick up the flag after the fact because it was a fun play? He was very clearly offsides. What do these people think should have happened?

Some mishmash of refs should have told KT he was way offsides before PM ran the play and the refs should have not thrown the flag bc it was a fun play and also because bad ref calls have decided other games in the past and that’s wrong so KC  should not have been penalized even though it was the correct call. I guess? 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

There's been lots of complaints this season about the refs. I watch Cowboys games and the last two games have been flag fests while letting a lot of stuff go (holding Micah Parsons with no calls is becoming pretty common). This just undermines all of those conversations since it was absolutely the right call. The side judge also doesn't automatically tell players when they're offsides, they usually have to be asked, and even then, it's usually the wideout, and I always thought they were asking if the ref could see the ball, which is sort of a loophole since it seems odd that a ref would tell a player whether they are violating a rule before the snap. 

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

They think the officials should have been nice enough to inform the champions that their idiot receiver is way offsides. 

They have gotten so many calls, so many that have helped decide games in their favor, when it didn't happen on this play, those bitches scream at how it's unfair. 

Yep.  They're like Lakers fans.  When the calls don't go their way, they can't handle it.

5 hours ago, slorch said:

KC fan tweets are saying Toney confirmed with the ref.  They are obviously put out with Toney, so they aren't just blindly defending the guy.

My question is did the ref think it was Toney asking if he's covering up the LT on the LOS or confirming if Toney was not offsides.  In the end, Toney owns it either way.  You literally learn that shit in Pop Warner, with regard to alignment.  It's sloppy and lazy.

refs are WAY inconsistent.  Chief players keep fucking up worse than the refs ever have.

Nope.

Andy Reid: Kadarius Toney didn't check with official before flag

Asked what his coaching advice to Toney would be this week, Reid said, "Normally he looks over to the sideline and just gets an OK [from the official]. On that one he just happened not to. Just make sure you check, make sure you check with the guy on the side just to see if you're aligned ... He was 2 inches away from or an inch from being legal.''

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don't get it either. The ref threw the flag as soon as the play went off. Like he's supposed to know Kelce was gonna do that and not call it?

• Like 1

While Reid took the position that the ref is supposed to warn the player, Mahomes is standing on the hill that the brilliant play was negated by a “bad call”. Like the flag was thrown after the TD. The flag is in the air when the ball is snapped.

Toney has a brain the size of a hazelnut. What a fucking idiot. He’s looking right at the ball. He also had a momentous drop.

You’d have to be more specific on the drop. He’s had a ton this season
  • Haha 1

I heard about the controversial ending to the Chiefs Bills game in a teaser on ESPN this morning and then I saw the actual play.  The Chiefs are real mad about being correctly flagged for being off sides.  Of all the egregious shit the refs fuck up every week, this is the hill you want to die on?  They are some tone deaf motherfuckers and everyone is going to mock them mercilessly for this.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I heard about the controversial ending to the Chiefs Bills game in a teaser on ESPN this morning and then I saw the actual play.  The Chiefs are real mad about being correctly flagged for being off sides.  Of all the egregious shit the refs fuck up every week, this is the hill you want to die on?  They are some tone deaf motherfuckers and everyone is going to mock them mercilessly for this.

Mahomes got mad because he didn't think Toney was offsides. He's going to feel pretty stupid once he sees the replay and the pictures of Toney being nearly HALF A YARD offsides. 

23 hours ago, Helobious said:

For the millionth time, a tackle is allowed to kick his outside leg out before the snap so long as his foot doesn’t come back down before the snap. I swear I am the only person here that has watched a football game before

@Helobious Why does his former Ex Coach, Simms, and most experts say otherwise Mr. Football watcher? It is an an obvious to anyone with a brain.

Edited by Enemy07

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

I think the Mannings are going to do both games.

That would be awesome! SVP is interviewing them right now and they have all four helmets represented in their basements. They have four guests tonite. 

The Giants probably have no chance tonite but like the Tommy DeVito story is a cool one. Probably the only bright spot in NY football. He somehow manages to have a “game” he will solidify himself there (likely as a backup.)

2 minutes ago, TOR said:

Really wish Troy would embrace his Inner Dandy Don and rock the yellow coat, throw beers during breaks, say exactly what he was thinking.  Sing.  He is way too much of a politician on these broadcasts.

His family is awesome. Coming from a small sort of Midwest type family I appreciate a loud Italian family with pasta and stuff. We are too straightlaced and shit in my family. They seem like fun people .