2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I just watched the Golf Channel opening on delay and man oh man that statement by his family brought me to tears.

I will just say if you are having issues and need some one to talk to please seek help.

There are plenty of options out there.

Hell, message me and I will try and help in anyway I can.

One of the things I remember my mom telling me was…

”Remember……suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem…”

This ⬆️ bless his family and so very tragic. Addiction, depression, mental illness, suicide.

For the lovely moment of silence as well. Tomorrow is promised to none of us but it breaks my heart that there are so many Grayson Murray’s hurting out there. My prayers and thoughts are with his loved ones. Heartbreaking man. 

I’m not trying to be cheesy or inappropriate by attaching the number but I know this whole tragedy can be such a trigger for so many. 

the moment of silence was awesome and yet it’s dusty in here I guess. 

❤️❤️💕💕

IMG_0773.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Interesting that he family's release made no mention of the ex-financee. It had to be deliberate.

Its probably better for the family and the ex fiancee not to mention her name.

My BIL’s nephew took his own life two weeks prior to his HS Graduation. This was less than 3 years ago and still hits home.

People that are experiencing “problems” need to better express themselves. Help is out there.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

My BIL’s nephew took his own life two weeks prior to his HS Graduation. This was less than 3 years ago and still hits home.

People that are experiencing “problems” need to better express themselves. Help is out there.

Hook’em!!!

you might want to take a moment and consider your quotes around problems and you might consider how fucking difficult it is for people to ask for help given the stigma that comes with it.

just something to think about and/or consider.  

everyone says f cancer, and rightfully so, and everyone understands it can be a lifetime struggle to overcome cancer. 

most people say f addicts not f addiction. most focus on the falling off the wagon and not on the bravery to even get on the fucking thing. 

truly sad story. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Thats the problem with behavioral issues, they are contagious in that the symptoms cause suffering to nearby civilians.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grayson’s fiance was forced to detach with love after a rough night. My wife has never seen me drunk, and we have an agreement that if I were ever to suffer a relapse I would not expect her to stay with me. For me, sobriety is paramount.

But suicide is a whole different animal.

One of my best friends left us about 2 months ago and last week I had an extremely vivid dream where he showed up alive, about 2 weeks after the funeral. We didn't know whether to be angry or happy! I felt like an asshole for being mad. I called a few of our friends and told them of my dream and they understood.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thats the problem with behavioral issues, they are contagious in that the symptoms cause suffering to nearby civilians.

I wouldn't be surprised if Grayson’s fiance was forced to detach with love after a rough night. My wife has never seen me drunk, and we have an agreement that if I were ever to suffer a relapse I would not expect her to stay with me. For me, sobriety is paramount.

But suicide is a whole different animal.

One of my best friends left us about 2 months ago and last week I had an extremely vivid dream where he showed up alive, about 2 weeks after the funeral. We didn't know whether to be angry or happy! I felt like an asshole for being mad. I called a few of our friends and told them of my dream and they understood.

We’re a pretty evolved species but our goddamned brains are simultaneously the thing that sets us apart and also our own worst enemies.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

NBC’s hopes and dreams off anyone actually watching the Women’s U.S. Open are quickly dashed. Nelly makes a 10 on her 3rd hole. It was a par 3. 

Nah. Lancaster CC is fucking amazing. I'm gonna watch this for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nah. Lancaster CC is fucking amazing. I'm gonna watch this for sure.

yep.  this course is the star.  holy shit.  it looks incredible. i really want to see the men play this course for a US Open or PGA, with the rough as thick as can be.

winning score for the Women's US Open there in 2015 was -8.  i don't think anybody will break par this time.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

yep.  this course is the star.  holy shit.  it looks incredible. i really want to see the men play this course for a US Open or PGA, with the rough as thick as can be.

winning score for the Women's US Open there in 2015 was -8.  i don't think anybody will break par this time.

So far today the best anyone can muster is -2. Korda may not even be out of it.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

clubhouse leader is even.  two ladies at -2 but they are both strug-guh-ling on the way in.

Nelly with a birdie to get it to +9 with one hole left.

if she shoots three straight 68s to finish the tourney at +3, she might win.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

clubhouse leader is even.  two ladies at -2 but they are both strug-guh-ling on the way in.

Nelly with a birdie to get it to +9 with one hole left.

if she shoots three straight 68s to finish the tourney at +3, she might win.

+3 or +4 could win it (she finished +10 for the day). But my guess is shooting a 68 tomorrow, or even a 66, and she probably misses the cut and doesn't get the chance for 3 straight 68s.

19 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

i'm definitely counting on the cut being around +8, which could sneak Nelly in with a good round tomorrow.

aggy chick who just won the NCAA individual national title is the clubhouse leader at -1.

+5 would be the cut now, I think (assuming top 70 and ties is the case this year as it was last). So +8 by the end of the day is well within reason. Come on Nelly!

• Hook 'Em 1

Nelly is now in the underdog role.  hope she can put together a good round and play the weekend.

i guess i don't remember the 2015 U.S. Women's Open at Lancaster.  but i am in love with this course and the setup.  i'm not the only one.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Nelly is now in the underdog role.  hope she can put together a good round and play the weekend.

i guess i don't remember the 2015 U.S. Women's Open at Lancaster.  but i am in love with this course and the setup.  i'm not the only one.

The place is just fantastic. A perfect test for a US Open.

Posted (edited)

Scottie fires a -5 (67) in the  opening round of the Memorial, currently good for solo 2nd. Hoping for a  Scheffler win and for Nicklaus to fall on his fat ass  and blow out a hip. 

Looks like Spieth is up to his usual par-hating shenanigans

image.thumb.png.2e0dc46d9c073cdf1434b49b7b88922a.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

whats up with Rickie

Cruises in yesterday with a 40 on his 2nd nine, and opens today with a 45?
he still plays the weekend, as this is a no-cut event

The Memorial will have a 36-hole cut to the top 50 players and ties, in addition to any players within 10 strokes of the 36-hole lead. (New in 2024, this cut rule is utilized for three player-hosted invitationals: The Genesis Invitational, Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard, and the Memorial.)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

3 putts missed inside 4 feet on his front 9 today.  it's not a caddie issue.  at least not most of it.

Yeah, Spieth's game is all screwed up.  Amazed how terrible some of his approach shots are now.

Also, Spieth hasn't been a good putter for last few years.

20 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Mike gotta go 

18 hours ago, MrX said:

It’s not Greller’s fault that Spieth’s swing thought is one of a 10 handicap 

Hell - Greller needs to find a job that pays him money. Maybe he can find a good gig that is weekends only.

• Rage+1 1