Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Car Wash Manager makes $125k+?  Um, gonna go update my resume.

If I had that job, my first order of business would be to promote our place to host all sorority charity car washes for any university within a 200 mile radius.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Car Wash Manager makes $125k+?  Um, gonna go update my resume.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/23/palm-beach-housekeepers-massive-demand.html

Palm Beach housekeepers are making $150,000 a year due to massive demand from the wealthy

Sounds like the one use case where "Trickle Down" is trickling down?

Edited by BeardIP

Posted (edited)

As we honor Memorial Day this weekend and begin the summer, please know you are richer, aged like fine wine this year, and more successful than you have ever been in your life.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

As we honor Memorial Day this weekend and begin the summer, please know you are richer, aged like fine wine this year, and more successful than you have ever been in your life.

You’d need to be an Olympic long jumper to bridge the gap between how well the public thinks the economy is doing and how well the economy is actually doing, according to a new Harris poll published yesterday by the Guardian.

Among the 2,000+ participants in the survey:

56% think the US is currently experiencing a recession, and 55% believe the economy is shrinking. (GDP—a key measure of economic activity—is growing.)

72% believe inflation is going up. (It’s more than halved from a 2022 peak of 9.1% and is hovering between 3% and 4%.)

49% think the current unemployment rate is at a 50-year high. (It’s near a 50-year low.)

49% believe the S&P 500 is on the decline. (It’s risen more than 12% this year, and Wall Street is raising its expectations for the index’s year-end performance. The Dow also just made record gains.)

Why is reality missing so many Americans?

Even though inflation is finally easing, the average cost of groceries, housing, and other consumer needs has soared over the past few years. About two-thirds of the Harris poll respondents agreed that “it’s difficult to be happy about positive economic news when I feel financially squeezed each month.”

Media coverage likely also shares the blame. Recent studies show that news coverage is becoming increasingly negative, especially regarding gas prices, a common harbinger of economic panic.

Here’s why that’s bad news for Joe Biden. 58% of the poll’s participants blame the current administration for what they see as a worsening economy. Convincing them otherwise will be a challenge, especially since more than 60% of people surveyed said they’re skeptical of economic news.

Oh, here is the link: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/22/poll-economy-recession-biden

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

You’d need to be an Olympic long jumper to bridge the gap between how well the public thinks the economy is doing and how well the economy is actually doing, according to a new Harris poll published yesterday by the Guardian.

If by “public” you mean dumbshits who answer phone calls from unknown callers, then sure.  But most of us aren’t that stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Palm Beach housekeepers are making $150,000 a year due to massive demand from the wealthy

Great job on the Republicans driving so many immigrants out of Florida.

As for those housekeepers making $150,000, I’m sure there’s something trickling down…

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BeardIP said:

40 years of trickle down being the main economic policy of the GQP and we have one super small example of it maybe kind of working.  Yay?

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

40 years of trickle down being the main economic policy of the GQP and we have one super small example of it maybe kind of working.  Yay?

I mean, besides the fact I was being sarcastic, it’s funny to me that all these menial positions (e.g. housekeepers, truck drivers, gas station managers) that need humans are so attractive versus, say, a social media marketing associate or business analyst making $80k a year.

Posted (edited)

Don’t tell a truck driver their job is menial. If you do, at least live stream it.

Oh look anyone who’s on a SAVE plan for loan forgiveness is getting their payments cut in half.

The Saving on a Valuable Education planis the newest income-driven repayment plan available to federal student loan borrowers, and this summer it's getting even more affordable.

Currently, monthly payments on the SAVE plan are calculated as 10% of borrowers' discretionary income. That's the difference between your adjusted gross income and 225% of the federal poverty line, which is $33,885 a year for individuals in 2024, according to the Department of Health and Human Services

But in July, the payments will drop to 5% of discretionary income for borrowers with undergraduate debt currently on the SAVE Plan, an Education Department spokesperson confirmed to CNBC Make It. The change will begin with their first payment due date in July.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/05/24/save-plan-student-loan-payments-could-get-cut-in-half-in-july.html

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

You need Jesus

I guess twitter makes you join to see current tweets but judging from this sample you must have brain rot if this dude is showing up on your feed 

IMG_0068.thumb.png.713a4d05a0a9ed743c46e561af84ba4c.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

I read that as 40k millionaires at first. Yep, Dallas is surging.

When I lived in Dallas they were $30k millionaires. Must be Bidenomic inflation. I’ll be voting Kennedy/Brainworm 2024.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

You need Jesus

I guess twitter makes you join to see current tweets but judging from this sample you must have brain rot if this dude is showing up on your feed 

IMG_0068.thumb.png.713a4d05a0a9ed743c46e561af84ba4c.png

To be fair, that guy probably shows up in everyone's twitter feed nowadays. Difference is Prong Horn's brain rot is so advanced that he agrees with it and reposts it here.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/24/2024 at 5:17 PM, BeardIP said:

Among the 2,000+ participants in the survey:

56% think the US is currently experiencing a recession, and 55% believe the economy is shrinking. (GDP—a key measure of economic activity—is growing.)

72% believe inflation is going up. (It’s more than halved from a 2022 peak of 9.1% and is hovering between 3% and 4%.)

49% think the current unemployment rate is at a 50-year high. (It’s near a 50-year low.)

49% believe the S&P 500 is on the decline. (It’s risen more than 12% this year, and Wall Street is raising its expectations for the index’s year-end performance. The Dow also just made record gains.)

Why is reality missing so many Americans?

Even though inflation is finally easing, the average cost of groceries, housing, and other consumer needs has soared over the past few years. About two-thirds of the Harris poll respondents agreed that “it’s difficult to be happy about positive economic news when I feel financially squeezed each month.”

Media coverage likely also shares the blame. Recent studies show that news coverage is becoming increasingly negative, especially regarding gas prices, a common harbinger of economic panic.

Here’s why that’s bad news for Joe Biden. 58% of the poll’s participants blame the current administration for what they see as a worsening economy. Convincing them otherwise will be a challenge, especially since more than 60% of people surveyed said they’re skeptical of economic news.

Oh, here is the link: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/22/poll-economy-recession-biden

OK, WHO HACKED BEARD IP'S ACCOUNT??!? 

I'm looking at you Brian Fantana and David Dennison.  

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Just so you know . . . back in the early 80's I was on the color guard at UT (ROTC students who carry the flag at games).  One of the events I sort of remember in my early onset Alzheimer, booze-addled brain is the 1981 Texas-OU game we won 34-13 (after being behind 13-0 at half, bless you Fred Akers). 

We carried the flag at a game at a basketball game at the Erwin Center one night and were told NOT to dip the other flags (USN, USMC, Texas . .  but not US) until the band started playing the Star Spangle Banner. Welp, I guess someone told the band not to begin playing until we dipped the flags. So what followed was the world's longest drum roll . . .  Eventually they started played, we dipped the flags and everyone lived.  But during all this some asshole in the crowd yelled 'C'mon!"  

Was that you, Mr. Know it All?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

The awkwardness in this clip is because of protocol timing?

The awkwardness at the Erwin Center was protocol timing.  Could it happen again?

Rewatch the State of the Union address.  It'll be good for you. 

14 hours ago, Bullneck said:

We carried the flag at a game at a basketball game at the Erwin Center one night and were told NOT to dip the other flags (USN, USMC, Texas . .  but not US) until the band started playing the Star Spangle Banner. Welp, I guess someone told the band not to begin playing until we dipped the flags. So what followed was the world's longest drum roll . . .  Eventually they started played, we dipped the flags and everyone lived.  But during all this some asshole in the crowd yelled 'C'mon!"  

That is fucking hilarious lol. If I weren't in the pep band I probably would have been that asshole

Posted (edited)

Watching that video with no sound on reminds me of a wedding rehearsal. All the groomsmen told to do one thing during rehearsal, the wedding planner making her rules, and then the priest decides to do his own thing day of and everyone looks dumb.

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

This is a message that should get out to all minorities, whether by race, sexual preference, or religion.  You think those MAGA assholes are your friends and treat you as equals?  Hell no.  As soon as you turn your back on them, they're making fun of you and just waiting for a way to beat you down.

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)

Did you know about this? Did you hear about this? The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ both hit all time highs today.

I for one, would like to congratulate Joey Numbers, Mr Up and to the right, Day-Trader Joe, on concocting the single greatest economy the world has ever seen. 

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

On the one hand, being in a non-battleground state means I'm not inundated with campaign ads, and that is nice. On the other, I have no sense whether the Biden campaign is trying to put the positives in front of voters. It would be nice if he was actively messaging on the economy, bypassing the media who have seemingly no interest in doing anything other than covering everything Trump or occasionally saying Biden is old. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Another Jobsgiving coming in “too hot” for our experts. Liberal math has unemployment rate hit 4% though. 4.1% wage growth in the year outpacing inflation. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/06/07/jobs-report-may-2024-us-job-gains-totaled-272000-in-may.html

U.S. adds a much-better-than-expected 272,000 jobs in May, but unemployment rate edges up to 4%

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Another Jobsgiving coming in “too hot” for our experts. Liberal math has unemployment rate hit 4% though. 4.1% wage growth in the year outpacing inflation. 

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/06/07/jobs-report-may-2024-us-job-gains-totaled-272000-in-may.html

U.S. adds a much-better-than-expected 272,000 jobs in May, but unemployment rate edges up to 4%

Imagine how much better those numbers would be if our president wasn't really old.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1