Joe Biden 2024 thread - Dark Brandon Strikes Again

StassneyHorn

The latest outrage I'm seeing among my former HS peers is all about Biden pausing military aid to Israel.  "This is an outrage!  Nothing like this has ever happened, and Brandon claims to be 100% supportive of Israel!!!"

Me:  "did you feel this strongly about it when Reagan and then GHW Bush did the exact same things as POTUS?"

Them:  #crickets

Jesus, people.  Demonstrate a modicum of curiosity.  Try, oh I don't know, TWO media outlets, maybe of different stripes?  (I crack myself up.)

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Me:  "did you feel this strongly about it when Reagan and then GHW Bush did the exact same things as POTUS?"

Those names shouldn’t even be spoken along side Biden. Tremendously poignant point about just how far we’ve fallen in such a short amount of time, though.   Anyone have directions to briskets ledge? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Those names shouldn’t even be spoken along side Biden. Tremendously poignant point about just how far we’ve fallen in such a short amount of time, though.   Anyone have directions to briskets ledge? 

This, paired with your recent "we all hate Biden way more than Obama and Clinton" post is just too fucking good.  Would you please donate your brain to science when you go? Humanity needs to figure out what makes it work this way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This, paired with your recent "we all hate Biden way more than Obama and Clinton" post is just too fucking good.

I must have missed that one, but the reason why they say things like that is because FOX News and the other disciple outlets tell them to.  They are the most incurious, low intellect Americans and their votes have been purchased.  They have no idea this has happened, because chucklefucks.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Guys, there's important context you have to remember when speaking to Trump voters like fatty and lucious: they're not very smart

No one has ever accused Trump supporters of being bound by logic or common sense.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

lol Gru just can’t help himself 

I truly hope someone is at least paying him for all of this effort. I'm ashamed enough as it is that one of my hobbies is posting on an internet message board. Can't imagine how'd it feel if everyone on my favorite internet site actively hated me and wished for my demise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Fatty, I know 8 years ago is hard to remember, but I promise you that you and your friends hated Obama every bit as much as you hate Biden now. And before that when Clinton was still President, y'all hated him every bit as much as you would later hate Obama and now hate Biden.

It's normal for a lot of people to think about their childhood as a better time when things were safer and the world seemed like everything was better. That's because when we're children we're very sheltered from the harsh realities of the world. It's fascinating though how your brain still works that way about any time more than like ten minutes in the past. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Fatty, I know 8 years ago is hard to remember, but I promise you that you and your friends hated Obama every bit as much as you hate Biden now. And before that when Clinton was still President, y'all hated him every bit as much as you would later hate Obama and now hate Biden.

It's normal for a lot of people to think about their childhood as a better time when things were safer and the world seemed like everything was better. That's because when we're children we're very sheltered from the harsh realities of the world. It's fascinating though how your brain still works that way about any time more than like ten minutes in the past. 

Maybe with Clinton, I was too young to really know.   I remember some folks being upset with Obama, but that was more plain old racism.  Him being cordial with W since has likely eased that some.  Biden will get the Rush treatment on his passing, imo.  

• Haha 1

So, you're totally ignorant of even recent history yet you're completely cool with making grand statements about the future.

Sounds about right for an incurious, low intellect American like you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, lucious leftfoot said:

Well, after looking deeper into it, this seems like a dumb tweet.  I don't like tariffs, by and large, as an economic strategy.  However, with context, it seems like this may not do much harm.  A lot more context at the link too.

The new tariffs, at least initially, are largely symbolic since they will apply to only about $18 billion in imports. A new analysis by Oxford Economics estimates the tariffs will have a barely noticeable impact on inflation by pushing up inflation by just 0.01%.

The auto industry is still trying to assess the impact of the tariffs. But at present, it appears they could be assessed on only two Chinese-made vehicles, the Polestar 2 luxury EV and potentially Volvo’s S90 luxury gas-electric hybrid midsize sedan.

Under the findings of a four-year review on trade with China, the tax rate on imported Chinese EVs will rise to 102.5% this year, up from total levels of 27.5%. The review was undertaken under Section 301 of the Trade Act of 1974, which allows the government to retaliate against trade practices deemed unfair or in violation of global standards.

Under the 301 guidelines, the tariff rate is to double to 50% on solar cell imports this year. Tariffs on certain Chinese steel and aluminum products will climb to 25% this year. Computer chip tariffs will double to 50% by 2025.

For lithium-ion EV batteries, tariffs will rise from 7.5% to 25% this year. But for non-EV batteries of the same type, the tariff increase will be implemented in 2026. There are also higher tariffs on ship-to-shore cranes, critical minerals and medical products.

https://apnews.com/article/biden-china-tariffs-electric-vehicles-evs-solar-2024ba735c47e04a50898a88425c5e2c

• Like 1

Biden once slammed Trump's China tariffs. Now he's building on them: ANALYSIS

It's true that Biden's new tariffs on $18 billion worth of Chinese imports are narrowly focused on a few strategic industries. At a Rose Garden event unveiling the new actions, Biden touted it as a "smart approach" to target goods such as electric vehicles, solar cells, steel, aluminum and certain medical equipment.

But he is maintaining many of the broad-based tariffs from the Trump-era that he was once highly critical of.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-slammed-trumps-china-tariffs-now-building-analysis/story?id=110234482

^

I'm not coming down one way or the other on this Biden plan.  But I will donate the maximum legal amount to Trump's campaign if you can provide me a video/audio clip of Trump accurately describing/defining what a "tariff" actually is.  I know he said the word 10,000 times during the last 10 years.  But does he actually know what a tariff is?  Show me a clip and I'll show you a donation receipt.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Biden once slammed Trump's China tariffs. Now he's building on them: ANALYSIS

It's true that Biden's new tariffs on $18 billion worth of Chinese imports are narrowly focused on a few strategic industries. At a Rose Garden event unveiling the new actions, Biden touted it as a "smart approach" to target goods such as electric vehicles, solar cells, steel, aluminum and certain medical equipment.

But he is maintaining many of the broad-based tariffs from the Trump-era that he was once highly critical of.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-slammed-trumps-china-tariffs-now-building-analysis/story?id=110234482

I was really hoping he would roll those back. Instead, those tariffs are still around and they are costing end users money all over the construction world.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Rivian, an American made competitor to welfare recipient Elon Musk, approves of the tariff.  Hopefully we’ll see more obvious, smaller priced electric bikes, carts, motorcycles and small cars for short distance driving that won’t kill pedestrians unlike cumbersome Teslas trying to capture a market that hybrids have already captured.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Also lots of fun local elections in Alaska Maryland and West Virginia today.

Flipped WV Court of Appeals and flipped Anchorage mayorship

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, YGIFS said:

^

I'm not coming down one way or the other on this Biden plan.  But I will donate the maximum legal amount to Trump's campaign if you can provide me a video/audio clip of Trump accurately describing/defining what a "tariff" actually is.  I know he said the word 10,000 times during the last 10 years.  But does he actually know what a tariff is?  Show me a clip and I'll show you a donation receipt.  

He repeatedly implied that the seller or company of origin would pay the tariff, not the buyer. Because he is an idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

He repeatedly implied that the seller or company of origin would pay the tariff, not the buyer. Because he is an idiot. 

Is he an idiot?  Or is he so smart that your mind is literally collapsing upon itself?!?!? /kramer 

I remember some footage of one of his pre-election 2016 rallies where they were selling MAGA merch/schwag at light speed.  And Trump is ranting about Chinese tariffs as the crowd is literally lined up to buy the merch made in China listening to him while they're in line, "Yeah, what he is saying about China tariffs totally makes sense."  I foolishly thought that was the low point for American stupidity.  But look at us now.