Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

Lloyd is a no go until he can prove he can actually win in March. Two years two big upsets. Sampson killed him and he was severely outcoached by Princeton last year. Will be interesting to see how he does in a much better conference next year. He coaches a front-runner style that will get tested in the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lloyd is a no go until he can prove he can actually win in March. Two years two big upsets. Sampson killed him and he was severely outcoached by Princeton last year. Will be interesting to see how he does in a much better conference next year. He coaches a front-runner style that will get tested in the Big 12.

They should have lost the round of 32 game to TCU in 2022 (bailout from the refs at the end of regulation and went on to win in OT).

I'm still a fan of Lloyd. I think his style of play would fit in really well here. Tournament success is important and should matter but if you are talking about a sample size of 2 years it should require more data. Many good coaches take time to find their footing consistently in the tournament. Also, as much as we don't want to admit some of what happens in the tournament is such a crapshoot.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/21/2024 at 8:47 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Imagine supporting Rodney Terry out of spite because you hate derka, lmao. Pathetic way to form your takes. Also super genuine.

I like Rodney Terry because I like Rodney Terry. It has nothing to do with Derka the clown.

I’ve liked and supported him and rooted for him ever since he took over last year. I think he’s done a good job. I stand on that and I’ll eat crow if time proves me wrong.

I’m in the same business he is. Trying to help young people develop good habits, learn skills, and become successful. I love that he does that in a positive, optimistic, supportive way. He appears to develop deep relationships with the young people he mentors. He appears to care most that they succeed in life after they leave the basketball court. 

I’m generally a fan of the way he goes about his business and think he’s done a good job so far. Perhaps time will prove me wrong, but it sure hasn’t so far despite all yall pooping your panties over 2 bad Ls. 

I like the guy, have consistently supported the guy, and want him to succeed. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t, and I’ll say I’m wrong and eat my crow.

I like the guy and his approach (other than the Christian bullshit but I’m used to ignoring people’s Christian bullshit by now). My support for RT has nothing to do with Surlys biggest joke/clown 

motown, it’s hard for anyone here to believe that anything you do has nothing to do with me, seeing as you are the one single poster here who constantly goes out of his way to bring me up out of nowhere, and is always talking shit to/about me, despite me never doing the same towards you. you’re gonna have to own up to that one.

as for your takes on rodney terry, it’s hilarious how sincerely you typed out that last post considering your open mocking of rick barnes, a far superior coach with all of the same positive attributes as RT, including/especially molding young men. you come here every year thumping your chest about all the money you’ve made betting against barnes in the tourney, because you know who he is as a coach and therefore you react accordingly. but when it comes to RT, who hasn’t accomplished anything noteworthy in 10 years as a D-1 head coach (having spent the other 17 years of his career as an assistant to coaches with actual skins on the wall), all of a sudden your take is that the only rational, reasonable approach with terry is to “wait and see”. lol ok. it is just hilarious to read you, the most disingenuous poster in this forum, convincing yourself of your own sincerity, when everyone else can see you and your takes for what they are.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

I like Rodney Terry because I like Rodney Terry. It has nothing to do with Derka the clown.

I’ve liked and supported him and rooted for him ever since he took over last year. I think he’s done a good job. I stand on that and I’ll eat crow if time proves me wrong.

I’m in the same business he is. Trying to help young people develop good habits, learn skills, and become successful. I love that he does that in a positive, optimistic, supportive way. He appears to develop deep relationships with the young people he mentors. He appears to care most that they succeed in life after they leave the basketball court. 

I’m generally a fan of the way he goes about his business and think he’s done a good job so far. Perhaps time will prove me wrong, but it sure hasn’t so far despite all yall pooping your panties over 2 bad Ls. 

I like the guy, have consistently supported the guy, and want him to succeed. If he doesn’t, he doesn’t, and I’ll say I’m wrong and eat my crow.

I like the guy and his approach (other than the Christian bullshit but I’m used to ignoring people’s Christian bullshit by now). My support for RT has nothing to do with Surlys biggest joke/clown 

Eh, fair enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

motown, it’s hard for anyone here to believe that anything you do has nothing to do with me, seeing as you are the one single poster here who constantly goes out of his way to bring me up out of nowhere, and is always talking shit to/about me, despite me never doing the same towards you. you’re gonna have to own up to that one.

as for your takes on rodney terry, it’s hilarious how sincerely you typed out that last post considering your open mocking of rick barnes, a far superior coach with all of the same positive attributes as RT, including/especially molding young men. you come here every year thumping your chest about all the money you’ve made betting against barnes in the tourney, because you know who he is as a coach and therefore you react accordingly. but when it comes to RT, who hasn’t accomplished anything noteworthy in 10 years as a D-1 head coach (having spent the other 17 years of his career as an assistant to coaches with actual skins on the wall), all of a sudden your take is that the only rational, reasonable approach with terry is to “wait and see”. lol ok. it is just hilarious to read you, the most disingenuous poster in this forum, convincing yourself of your own sincerity, when everyone else can see you and your takes for what they are.

download(19).jpeg.622afcc362833463a8665d2cfda311a8.jpeg

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

download(19).jpeg.622afcc362833463a8665d2cfda311a8.jpeg

It’s amazing that Laughingstock responds with paragraphs within minutes of me responding to a 5 day old post 

I do my best to ignore the clown 🤷🏼‍♂️

I will not be reading or responding to his bullshit 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

Would like to see Mitchell develop a move or show more advanced footwork. I noticed a mini dream shake in the OU game it was a shake and quake. He looks uncomfortable. Hope he figures it out. Keep thinking he is going to bust out.

For whatever reason I feel like he’s gonna be the next in line of guys that were very average for us here that figured it out in the league.  He reminds me of Jerami Grant.  Long, athletic but never was great in college (career 7.5/4.7/0.9 on 48/30/64 splits).  Drafted by Philly and didn’t do much, got to OKC and started figuring it out and his offensive game got better.  Now he’s a 21/4/3 guy.  

For reference, Mitchell’s career stats are 6.5/5.5/0.8 on 61/0/53 splits (has he really never made a 3 at Texas?  Gah damn)

• Prepare your anus 1

The previous coach, at Villanova, Jay Wright is tanned and rested. Go for him or reach for the UConn Coach! Make them say no!

RT and the Horn’s won the two previous games that were “solid” and against ranked opponents, but I just don’t know that he’s the guy to get us beyond the S-16. I guess this season will play out, and I wish them nothing but success, so we’ll all wait and see.

Hook’em!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

RT and the Horn’s won the two previous games that were “solid” and against ranked opponents, but I just don’t know that he’s the guy to get us beyond the S-16. I guess this season will play out, and I wish them nothing but success, so we’ll all wait and see.

Hook’em!!!

This game is the reversion to the mean. 

On 1/27/2024 at 3:09 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Oh great, now this is starting to go viral....God Rodney Terry is a giant pussy

This bullshit has been used as segment fodder on multiple shows on XM 84 this week. Fuck Rodney Terry for bringing this stupid shit back to the forefront when none of us care about it as fans. "Texas is just a soft culture across the entire institution" has been said by multiple idiots over the last two weeks, over and over. I know that isn't true, but this shit isn't doing anything but brand damage and causing headaches. Fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

17 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't know how I feel about it, either, but I'm glad you posted it because that was highly entertaining. 

I found it close to unwatchable, but it dovetails what some of us have been saying for weeks on the NCAA thread, that Arkansas looks to be in some disarray by just watching their games closely.

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

I found it close to unwatchable, but it dovetails what some of us have been saying for weeks on the NCAA thread, that Arkansas looks to be in some disarray by just watching their games closely.

I had some massive buffering issues. Put it on pause and came back to it after 10 minutes. But yeah, it was unwatchable for me, too, before that. And it's not like it was scintillating. It was just crazy gossip used to make a gambling recommendation. If I was friends of those players or in any way an Arkansas fan I would feel some sympathy towards this going around. But I'm not. I won't even remember the players' names associated with this. It's just a quick laugh and then move on with my life. I hope nothing too damaging comes out of this for them, but I'm not going to invest a whole lot of emotion into it, either. 

Social media has a way of negatively impacting people's lives in devastating ways very quickly. But that's the world we live in. Nothing to do about it but keep telling kids to get off my lawn. 

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This bullshit has been used as segment fodder on multiple shows on XM 84 this week. Fuck Rodney Terry for bringing this stupid shit back to the forefront when none of us care about it as fans. "Texas is just a soft culture across the entire institution" has been said by multiple idiots over the last two weeks, over and over. I know that isn't true, but this shit isn't doing anything but brand damage and causing headaches. Fucking stupid. 

This is the shit he started by being a cry baby because he wasn't doing a great job.

• Like 2

in my entire life i have never known a person who was offended or upset by the horns down. everyone i know understands that it’s borne out of respect and jealousy, and most of us actually find it funny. you’ll be watching TTU vs OU and they’ll come back to the game and the crowd shot is people doing the horns down into the camera. hilarious. but then RT goes and yells at a bunch of future Enterprise Rent A Car employees for beating his team, and now this is all we hear about. well done man.

• Haha 1

The athletic department should hand out horns down t-shirts to the students the next home game to show it doesn’t bother us. 

But, we‘re Texas and we hate doing stuff that we perceive as being beneath us. 

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you’ll be watching TTU vs OU and they’ll come back to the game and the crowd shot is people doing the horns down into the camera. hilarious.

Yep. That's like your ex wife/ girlfriend is out on a date and all she does is talk about you. F'ing awesome.  😎

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

in my entire life i have never known a person who was offended or upset by the horns down. everyone i know understands that it’s borne out of respect and jealousy, and most of us actually find it funny. you’ll be watching TTU vs OU and they’ll come back to the game and the crowd shot is people doing the horns down into the camera. hilarious. but then RT goes and yells at a bunch of future Enterprise Rent A Car employees for beating his team, and now this is all we hear about. well done man.

Call it as taunting when it happens on the field/court. That's all I care about. Fans can do our hand sign and point it a different direction all they want.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/27/2024 at 3:11 PM, msucolt45 said:

The previous coach, at Villanova, Jay Wright is tanned and rested. Go for him or reach for the UConn Coach! Make them say no!

Hook’em!!!

He's not. He's not a good coach. He got the job because of the players and a miraculous tourney run. Hisb10 or whatever years coaching has been nothing short iof an abject failure. The man lost to UCF for Christ's sake. I just hope this doesn't end up like a Shaka hire and they keep extending him even when losing. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been put on here yet 

Prolly bullshit or for a small thing or something but saw it a few different spots on my timeline. 

Wow never in the history has a *checks note* black man been stopped by the police

Maybe he was speeding.  FIRE HIM! 

13 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t been put on here yet 

Prolly bullshit or for a small thing or something but saw it a few different spots on my timeline. 

Does that guy speak English?

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wow never in the history has a *checks note* black man been stopped by the police

Maybe he was speeding.  FIRE HIM! 

Hell, I ain't black and I was stopped by police just the other day for driving through a neighborhood really slowly. They thought I was looking sketchy haha. People get pulled over all the time. We are gonna need some details before anyone should even care. 

Edited by The_Great_Hornsby
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:56 PM, Pancho said:

The athletic department should hand out horns down t-shirts to the students the next home game to show it doesn’t bother us. 

But, we‘re Texas and we hate doing stuff that we perceive as being beneath us. 

trademark it 

8 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hell, I ain't black and I was stopped by police just the other day for driving through a neighborhood really slowly. They thought I was looking sketchy haha.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN       Umm, you do sound a bit sketchy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sunset87 said:

15 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Hell, I ain't black and I was stopped by police just the other day for driving through a neighborhood really slowly. They thought I was looking sketchy haha. People get pulled over all the time. We are gonna need some details before anyone should even care. 

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN       Umm, you do sound a bit sketchy.

He has to drive super slowly--kids couldn't get any ice cream otherwise.

• Haha 1