Fire Rodney Terry

MuellerHorn

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I can't take any man seriously that chooses to wear those glasses. Maybe he lost a bet, I don't know. 

I had a buddy with a dyke grandma that wore glasses like that. She was a hoot, but no way I want her coaching our hoops team. I feel the same way about RT. 

Robin Williams Today GIF

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

CDC better be making moves behind the scenes. We can’t take this bullshit into the SEC with a new gym. 

Nothing happening until after next season sadly. Terry is less than a year into a 5 year deal 

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Obviously not if we have to wait till year 3

It’s not that we have to wait until year 3 to buy it out. 

And if you believe him, CTJ says the basketball BMDs like Terry and want to give him “time to clean up the mess” apparently.

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And if you believe him, CTJ says the basketball BMDs like Terry and want to give him “time to clean up the mess” apparently.

I must have missed that post. Is it the mess that RT created or some mythical mess created by someone else?

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Exactly what is the mess that he's cleaning up?

Just now, Steel Shank said:

Cool. Let's let them call the shots then and quit our bitching.

That is what CDC is paid to manage. He lets them have input without calling the shots. He is the CEO for our sports. BTW, I do not believe that our BMDs think RT is the right guy for the job. They will give him till next year and if it is more of the same, they will turn on him.  

33 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Why the fuck did we do a 5 year deal? 

To give him a chance to build the roster. We aren't blowing it out on NIL for basketball and if they only did a 3 year deal he would have been behind the 8 ball recruiting wise. 

There's zero chance he only gets 1 year unless he does something stupid and gets arrested. CDC will give him a chance to retool the roster next year and he'll have to get it right this time. We aren't a top player nationally in basketball NIL but we aren't G5 level either so there's no reason to be missing the tournament. No reason to be getting blown out like this. 

As flawed as the roster construction appears to be they aren't playing cohesively. They look lost defensively and make stupid mistakes. That's on Terry. By this point in the season they should be mostly sound fundamentally. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

To give him a chance to build the roster. We aren't blowing it out on NIL for basketball and if they only did a 3 year deal he would have been behind the 8 ball recruiting wise. 

There's zero chance he only gets 1 year unless he does something stupid and gets arrested. CDC will give him a chance to retool the roster next year and he'll have to get it right this time. We aren't a top player nationally in basketball NIL but we aren't G5 level either so there's no reason to be missing the tournament. No reason to be getting blown out like this. 

As flawed as the roster construction appears to be they aren't playing cohesively. They look lost defensively and make stupid mistakes. That's on Terry. By this point in the season they should be mostly sound fundamentally. 

I feel sorry for the current players.  RT just isn't a quality P5 Head Coach and he really screwed up his staff hires. The lack of discipline and development of this team is just frustrating.  Watching today's game with the jayhawks missing their best player and still dominating Texas was unacceptable.  Self showed today how horrible RT is as a head coach -- at times it felt like Texas was just a terrible high school team.

Embarrassing...

Wish CDC didn't hire RT last March, despite all of the negative reactions that Texas would have received.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

It's 5 years, $15M, so the buyout shouldn't be an issue if a Billy Donovan, Mark Few, or TJ Ozenwhatever is available 

Stop with the Billy Donovan. You’re just showing you don’t know shit.

Even if Donovan stops coaching in the NBA, he’ll just go to a front office job. He’s not coming back to college, especially since he’s never had to deal with NIL and the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Even if Donovan stops coaching in the NBA, he’ll just go to a front office job. He’s not coming back to college, especially since he’s never had to deal with NIL and the portal. 

Fine, we’ll just settle for Jay Wright. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:27 AM, 6th Street said:

RT has 4 years and $12M remaining. He is getting at least 1, prob 2 more years.

This makes me vomit. Why is this obligatory? He has a mediocre record and did nothing this year to prove otherwise. Anyone with eyes saw that he coasted off Beard’s team last year which was an RT fluke season. -Performance should matter at this level. But I’m sure it won’t because other factors are at play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Most of us saw this coming other than perhaps 3-4 posters who still keep defending RT and keep finding some silver lining in every chance they get. They were cheering the JAG transfers after RT missed on the priority targets and lost the two 5 stars who lobbied to get him hired. They were telling us how dare we presume to know more about coaching than the current and former players and recruits who were lobbying for RT. Really? Facts and data over emotions, all day.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

This.

It's the next generation of people who thought Dean Smith would leave UNC to replace Weltlich, or that Jay Smith would depart Villanova to take over for Penders. They ignore basketball until football is over and then demand we somehow win the Big 12 every year en route to the Elite Eight. 

We're on track for 20 wins and a No. 8-10 seed in the NCAA Tournament in a rebuilding year that's further been saddled with Kadin Shedrick's injury That means we're getting fewer than 18 minutes per game from one of our only two players over 6-6.

But yeah -- losing at Kansas like we have in all but two seasons since 1996 is somehow the barometer to determine Rodney Terry's tenure should be over at Texas. Whatever, man. Whatever. 

Even money says we get to 20 wins in the regular season. But people will still bitch when we lose to Houston in Kansas City and to UConn or Purdue in the Round of 32.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Reality Check said:

This.

It's the next generation of people who thought Dean Smith would leave UNC to replace Weltlich, or that Jay Smith would depart Villanova to take over for Penders. They ignore basketball until football is over and then demand we somehow win the Big 12 every year en route to the Elite Eight. 

We're on track for 20 wins and a No. 8-10 seed in the NCAA Tournament in a rebuilding year that's further been saddled with Kadin Shedrick's injury That means we're getting fewer than 18 minutes per game from one of our only two players over 6-6.

But yeah -- losing at Kansas like we have in all but two seasons since 1996 is somehow the barometer to determine Rodney Terry's tenure should be over at Texas. Whatever, man. Whatever. 

Even money says we get to 20 wins in the regular season. But people will still bitch when we lose to Houston in Kansas City and to UConn or Purdue in the Round of 32.

This team isn’t making the tournament 

6 hours ago, Reality Check said:

You think this team that is 6-8 in the conference is going to suddenly figure things out after 4 months of tripping over its own dicks way more often than not against anybody with a pulse, then win 3 out of its last 4, 3 of which are against better teams?

You're laying even money on that?

You're lucky I have an ethical problem with betting against my alma mater, or I'd make you my personal ATM.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You think this team that is 6-8 in the conference is going to suddenly figure things out after 4 months of tripping over its own dicks way more often than not against anybody with a pulse, then win 3 out of its last 4, 3 of which are against better teams?

You're laying even money on that?

You're lucky I have an ethical problem with betting against my alma mater, or I'd make you my personal ATM.

Seeing as we're playing two teams we've beaten (Baylor at home, Oklahoma on the road) in addition to a home game against an Oklahoma State team that's 12-15, 4-10 I'd be happy to take your cash. 
And that's excluding Tuesday's game at a team that's 3-5 in its last eight including losses to UCF, Cincinnati and TCU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

This team isn’t making the tournament 

You're banking that Texas finishes 1-4 with losses at home to Oklahoma State AND Oklahoma in addition to losing in the 8-9 or 7-10 game in Kansas City? 
Because that's the only way this team isn't making the tournament. 

We aren’t beating tech and Baylor on the road. 

So yes, we will finish 2-2 or possibly 1-3. That is not out of the realm of possibility. And losing the first game in KC also has a higher probability than most care to admit. It’s going to be dicey down the stretch.

What I worry about now is team morale.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

20 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Seeing as we're playing two teams we've beaten (Baylor at home, Oklahoma on the road) in addition to a home game against an Oklahoma State team that's 12-15, 4-10 I'd be happy to take your cash. 
And that's excluding Tuesday's game at a team that's 3-5 in its last eight including losses to UCF, Cincinnati and TCU. 

You know who else is 3-5 in their last 8...?

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

Reality Check needs a reality check.  

First of all Shedrick is a jag, and him getting more minutes wasn't going to solve anything.

Second, it's not that we lost at Kansas.   It's that we looked like an unorganized bunch of rec center players doing it, while our coach can't seem to realize what a timeout is for or how to manage substitutions.

And it's Jay Wright.

• Hook 'Em 1