Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

23 hours ago, NoName said:

just when you think "yeah, the cybertruck can't possibly be worse...you get videos like this one

HOW TALL DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO SEE OUT THE SIDE WINDOWS?

image.png.2d0391cf35b49ad0172ad6eaaa0c804a.png

more funny screenshots from that guys video, keep in mind i had it muted and didn't listen to him talk at all.

this is going to be the worst looking car in the last 20+ years when it's dirty.

Reveal hidden contents

door panel by back passenger side door + passenger side door (on right) - don't align lol

image.png.ec6b47f1d075918fe3c2086097712097.png

open gap between back door and front door seems large?

image.png.001bcbf6a10aef4d99d5d321df7a7afc.png

also they don't line up on the bottom

image.png.ac887c4fd39965aceb5115e097a5e441.png

the doors don't properly line up either? the drivers door is in front and the passenger is in back, looks like the drivers door bulges out at the top by the window?

image.png.4b0f57d06415339ce320772eff5031e4.png

IS THIS A CONSOLE FOR ANTS?

image.png.f27f2293d2e8696f2a8f5639225c4e20.png

IMG_6651.jpeg

“It looks like a chewed up piece of shit with rust, misaligned panels, interior by Mattel, being hauled around on a trailer…or maybe it’s an original Robocop movie prop left outside on a production back lot for 40 years…can’t wait to buy it!”

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is the damn thing still in preliminary stages? Seems it was announced forever ago. It’s just an EV with a goofy shell. Why are they struggling to get that stupid exterior aligned?

Is stainless steel heavier and the extra weight causes sagging?

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Isn't citizen journalism just posting people's assassination coordinates?

In Elon's case, apparently.  It's also an excellent vehicle for misinformation and spreading unnecessary panic.  Even after all these years, I still don't understand the need for people to hear the news as it is happening when what you hear first is almost always completely wrong and, at best, lacks the nuance to draw any conclusions beyond base responses.  Twitter's elevator pitch is exactly the same pitch 24-hour cable news used when it came on the scene: "Hear it here first!".  Both are excellent sources for bad information, and because there isn't really enough news to fill up that much space they are mostly fluffed out with absolute garbage.  They've helped turn journalists into a joke, as they have to spend a significant amount of time preparing content for these platforms instead of, I don't know, actually investigating things and uncovering actual truths we should know about.  Both platforms are giant piles of garbage that have made humanity dumber, in my opinion.  I understand the entertainment value of both, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone stands by them as genuine sources of information.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LonghornSean said:

Not displaying the headlines from articles linked in tweets is incredibly annoying.

but "esthetically" it looks good per Elon.

it's dumb. the goal is to keep people on twitter. after being burned a few times you won't click out.

it's going to lead to more misinformation being spread, which is a positive byproduct from his end.

there is no one who loves owning the dumb shit that companies do more than Elon

e: omg it's real lolol

ad in my timeline:

image.png.cfac6092e6f6b83b9358acc91a506621.png

more funny stuff:

e2:

screenshot:

image.png.d04595f0b84c1c4f5740582894919832.png

e3: wait, they broke them on the website but not on embeds? what kind of shitty engineers do they have over there? lol are they going to revert it after 24 hours?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, 'stache said:

Is the damn thing still in preliminary stages? Seems it was announced forever ago. It’s just an EV with a goofy shell. Why are they struggling to get that stupid exterior aligned?

How many people are going to pay $1750 for a ticket to buy the first one at an auction haha. Edit to add, hosted by Jay Leno no less! Oof.

https://www.autoblog.com/2023/10/04/one-tesla-cybertruck-will-be-auctioned-at-petersen-museum-gala/

“Be one of the first to own a Tesla Cybertruck!” reads an email about the gala auction preview. “This is for low-VIN Cybertruck. The Cybertruck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate durability and passenger protection.” A VIN is a vehicle identification number, so this truck will be one of the first ones made.

Limited tickets for the gala, which is held at the Petersen Automotive Museum on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles, are still available and start at $1,750. The Cybertruck auction will begin online and close in person, according to a spokesperson for the museum. The Petersen currently has an exhibit about Tesla that is open through April of next year.

Edited by BeardIP

image.thumb.png.f3484b7027f9d2e2839e0ee0564b306a.png

This apparently has to do with Elmo's failure to disclose that he had acquired more than 10 5 percent of twitter as required by SEC regs. back in March 2022 before the takeover.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-05/sec-sues-elon-musk-over-refusal-to-testify-in-twitter-probe

He's apparently been dodging a subpoena.

• Musk agreed to an interview with the SEC last month, the agency said. However, two days before the scheduled Sept. 15 meeting, Musk raised several objections, including that San Francisco wasn’t the appropriate location for it. Investigators suggested new dates and agreed to move the interview to Fort Worth, Texas, near where Musk now lives, but he then refused to meet at all, according to the filing.
  • The SEC rarely takes the step to enforce a subpoena, and the courts often side with the regulator when they do, Marc Fagel, a lecturer at Stanford Law School and former SEC official in San Francisco, said in an interview. “For the SEC to come out of the woodwork and make it public that they’re investigating, that’s a big step,” Fagel said.

• Elmo's attorney Alex Spiro is a whiney little bitch.

Edited by Chopper
slight correction
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/4/2023 at 7:48 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

NSIAP

266e59e40ac8ac97bf0536f78d97ea95.jpg

If you or anyone else know the EV market well, can you explain the absolute drop of Rivian yesterday?

Saw this on my trading dashboard that Rivian was down almost 23% in one day. (↓ 22.88% ↓)

When I googled it, the news didn't seem so dire that it warranted a freaking 23% drop. Sales guidance for the coming quarter was adjusted to $1.34bn, below the $1.38bn expected. So, not a huge miss...

45 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

When I googled it, the news didn't seem so dire that it warranted a freaking 23% drop. Sales guidance for the coming quarter was adjusted to $1.34bn, below the $1.38bn expected. So, not a huge miss...

You're looking for rationality in a market that is driven almost entirely by speculation. TSLA has a greater market cap than several of its largest competitors combined.

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

If you or anyone else know the EV market well, can you explain the absolute drop of Rivian yesterday?

Saw this on my trading dashboard that Rivian was down almost 23% in one day. (↓ 22.88% ↓)

Dashing this off between meetings, so can't google it for you, but I recall reading in recent days that they indicated they lose something like $25k on each vehicle sold.

On 10/5/2023 at 9:21 AM, Samson's Wig said:

In Elon's case, apparently.  It's also an excellent vehicle for misinformation and spreading unnecessary panic.  Even after all these years, I still don't understand the need for people to hear the news as it is happening when what you hear first is almost always completely wrong and, at best, lacks the nuance to draw any conclusions beyond base responses.  Twitter's elevator pitch is exactly the same pitch 24-hour cable news used when it came on the scene: "Hear it here first!".  Both are excellent sources for bad information, and because there isn't really enough news to fill up that much space they are mostly fluffed out with absolute garbage.  They've helped turn journalists into a joke, as they have to spend a significant amount of time preparing content for these platforms instead of, I don't know, actually investigating things and uncovering actual truths we should know about.  Both platforms are giant piles of garbage that have made humanity dumber, in my opinion.  I understand the entertainment value of both, but I can't for the life of me understand why anyone stands by them as genuine sources of information.

This is why "citizen journalism" is not journalism.

Any asshole with a phone can post a video of whatever. Any asshole can comment on that video. Neither of those assholes are journalists.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, choripan said:

Dashing this off between meetings, so can't google it for you, but I recall reading in recent days that they indicated they lose something like $25k on each vehicle sold.

Based on your post I googled: https://www.motortrend.com/news/rivian-loss-per-vehicle/

In its Q2 2023 letter to shareholders, Rivian revealed that it has lost $32,595 for every vehicle it sold that quarter. That's enough money to buy an entire Honda Civic and still have some change left over. For every vehicle sold. How could this be? There are several factors at play here. According to a WSJ report, analysts have called out Rivian's engineering practices for making vehicle production too costly. Rivian wanted to make sure the R1T performed better in crash tests than other vehicles in its class. However, that meant adding more metal which increases costs and weight.

The Washington Post has an article up about the Jeremy Banner/Autopilot crash from March 1, 2019. This is one of over 700 crashes (19 of which were fatal, including this one) that occurred while Autopilot was engaged. This crash is the similar one to the Joshua Brown crash from 2016 (also fatal) where a Tesla went under a semi truck.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interactive/2023/tesla-autopilot-crash-analysis/

(Warning - there is a video of the crash from a side angle in this article)

This is notable because this case is in court to determine if Tesla has some fault for this accident. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/4/2023 at 9:59 AM, Pasken said:

I may be naive but I still think Elon is relatively temporary. He didn't buy twitter. A bunch of fucking people bought twitter and at some point they are going to oust him one way or another.  I would avoid Saudi embassies if I were him. Twitter isn't much use politically if only the mouth breather reply guys are using it.

Wait, Twitter is being destroyed as a source of good information and organizing to fight disinformation and advance human rights and advocate for democratic change and you think the Saudi investors will be displeased? 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Wait, Twitter is being destroyed as a source of good information and organizing to fight disinformation and advance human rights and advocate for democratic change and you think the Saudi investors will be displeased? 

Saudi dissidents will bail for other platforms, making it useless to the Saudis.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Saudi dissidents will bail for other platforms, making it useless to the Saudis.

Them bailing for other platforms that are more dispersed and as of yet still mostly invisible is a win.

Its a blind-spot unique to mostly the Anglosphere and a few other Protestant countries that neutered or tossed their aristocrats overboard and housebroke religion— we have a hard time conceptualizing people who don’t put the bottom line first. It’s a blindspot in our statecraft where we look at policy as a means to prosperity and good returns and not economic ties and trade as tools of leverage and statecraft themselves. But a quick survey of history shows that this is not at all a given, you only need to look at the endless rows of medieval kings that bankrupted themselves personally in some quest that boiled down to an affair of honor. 

We need to get used to thinking differently, we have a new class of aristocrats. I can’t think of something that would be less interesting to Elon than more money, can you? The fact that he partnered with the royal family of an authoritarian petrokingdom should be a clue that making X turn a profit isn’t the goal here; it’s not a good bet to hope that the Saudis are going to come calling for their money back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, BeardIP said:

They're losing $33k on every vehicle they sell.  That's the headline I saw yesterday, anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2