Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Coming back to the interview this morning. A few more things

1. I know I implied this with the use of the Pinocchio images, but I will just say this outright: ELON MUSK IS A LIAR and this interview is just a mass show of that. This could be an endless stream from the interview, but highlights: Met with Trump by chance (they just both happened to be there), the claims on the Roadster 2.0, his claims about hate speech IE views vs the content just being there isn't being promoted, etc.

2. Semantics - this is something out of high school debate. I know this one is a dead horse, but like when they were debating Twitter's responsibility for moderation and the exchange was:
Lemon: "I'm asking about you and responsibility on your platform and I see how you feel now. You don't agree ... we don't agree on this"
Elon: "Yes you want censorship and I don't"
Lemon: "no I don't want censorship at all"

Elon: "yes you do."
Lemon: "No I want responsibility I think 
there's ..."
Elon: "You desperately want censorship."
Lemon: "no I ..."
Elon: "You want censorship so bad you can taste it."

They have no responsibility (he did cite unless it's against the law), because to take down a single word would be censorship. And so by using this argument, he can completely skirt the debate about responsibility via semantics - weak

I will note this is the one place where I feel Lemon dropped the ball  - he didn't bring up with Elon instances where Musk has de-platformed those who stood against him. And I think this is where he could have brought to light the double standard.

3. Unless he presented them, he completely dismissed any facts or studies. Anything Lemon brought up "Don, you can get a study that will tell you whatever you want." He acts like he is the sole arbiter of facts. There are Elon facts and lies. A great example of this was him bringing up Duke and the lowering standards. He mentioned that an article which said something to that effect, and it was legit, but the studies Don cited were crap. It doesn't work like that.

One thing I didn't mention last night - I think the interview was fine and fair. Like him or hate him - Lemon did fine with this interview (save what I noted before) he let Elon ramble and say a lot of crackpot things. Outside of not pressing him on a few cases where he should have , I don't think Lemon did a bad job.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

All things considered, I can't really see how this could have worked out better for Don Lemon:

1. You look smart despite not actually being smart
  2. An otherwise boring interview has more sizzle due to the interviewee's softness
  3. You're no longer contractually bound to a joke platform that's hemorrhaging users by the day
  4. Musk's attempts to get ahead of the "story" did nothing cause a massive Streisand Effect driving up interest of the interview before it was published
  5. Story got so big that MSM outlets have to cover it and have to book Don Lemon as a guest right at the time Don Lemon could most use the publicity

c1f.png

All of this, with a focus on #4 because ....

... Don Lemon just launched his new podcast/show/whatever you want to call it with some of the the largest buzz ever. He hadn't even had episode 1 and people were already salivating to hear this interview, from both sides - his and Elons, and people who didn't even care.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/17/2024 at 9:40 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

If anyone ever doubted Michael Dell's motivation in life then watching him suck off a Nazi-sympathizer whose platform is paving the way for a massive rise in racist, anti-semitic behavior should make it clear. How many more billions does Dell need, and how does he figure aligning himself and his company with Musk is going to help him obtain it?

Just recall that Dell is a great evaluator of relationships.  See Asus.

They pretty much take apart Elmo in this interview. 

I will also note, Lemon did approach Elmo like a pure journalist, for right or wrong. He is there to ask questions, not verbally spar. It might be why he comes across as a lightweight, especially in a day and age when guys like Tucker Carlson solely do it to keep their “guests” off balance. But few would consider Carlson a journalist. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Elon is a well known partier..." - Swisher regarding his drug use.

Would love to know the definition of "partying" in the Tech world. 

My understanding is that his drug use specifically is an open secret and has been for a while in that group.

On 3/12/2024 at 3:23 PM, Brisketexan said:

And they sink FAST - they are heavy as shit.  About 1,000 pounds heavier than similar vehicles.  Comparables are a bit over 4,000 lbs, the Model X is over 5,000 lbs.

Having your shift function -- really, ANY actual driving function on a touchscreen (as opposed to limiting it to stuff like your audio, AC, and other accessory uses), when every single human knows that touch screens can be "iffy" (how many times have you pressed the wrong number when entering your phone's passcode?) is a stupid design move.  Do other manufacturers have that?  Because if so, that's also dumb.

I’m sure her having a .233 BAC had nothing to do with this incident. It’s the heavy and poorly designed EV made by a monster. 
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/20/business/angela-chao-fatal-car-accident/index.html

Edited by cabowabo

1 hour ago, NoName said:

My understanding is that his drug use specifically is an open secret and has been for a while in that group.

Like other people that use partying and drug use interchangeably, this poster is a drug user.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Drug use and partying are 2 different things.

This poster is not a drug user.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Like other people that use partying and drug use interchangeably, this poster is a drug user.

This poster is not a drug user.

wait wait i just want to be clear here....yall suggesting that elon might be on some real drugs? 

• Haha 1

LMAO. 

"Arise, arise, riders of Theoden! This is battle to death with the likes we haven't seen since Sauron returned to Dol Guldur, with the ant-civilization woke mind virus cast upon us like the devilry cast upon me by Grima Wormtongue.

Now, does that really sound THAT dramatic?"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.png.8461b44122b3dba43bbb68d94369bf8e.png

Elon continues to prove he's a full blow libertarian, and like all libertarians, fights like death to defend simplified ideals while ignoring the vast realities of the world. Which is why libertarians are stupid. 

Everyone would agree with Elon's statement because he's not saying we he actually means. 

But in reality, it means

image.png.c349ad849368f3c5d07a4cc3a939f051.png

This is exactly what Swisher and Lemon blew him up in that video about. "I just want ____" He speaks in these vague generalities. But provides no substance to them.

And as pointed out by the followup - they are really cover for at best really simplistic views of the world/"problems" or at worst are a cover for evil thoughts.

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

image.thumb.png.783665ce8a07117cfec151f63653790f.png

More pics - https://www.threads.net/@vantazach/post/C4x-gSMuRk1

His name is not ironic

This guy's user name REALLY checks out.

• Hook 'Em 2

Little bitch pussy. Wonder what deep insecurities are rattling through Elon's half brain. 

Anyone freaking out about LGBTQ history being taught to their children should look within and realize it's an indictment on their own parenting skills (or lack thereof). Sorry, assholes. This is on you.  

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

aq0dxi0m44utdqwfnji2.gif?quality=75&w=64

This has strong to very strong vibes of the scene in Hitch (2005) where Will Smith tells Kevin James to stay in his lane. (clip below for laughs)

32 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

This is exactly what Swisher and Lemon blew him up in that video about. "I just want ____" He speaks in these vague generalities. But provides no substance to them.

Exactly. Don Huffines did that with his mantra of eliminating property taxes in Texas when he was a candidate; a common refrain among those that have zero understanding of how the sausage gets made.

Clip from Hitch:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Anyone freaking out about LGBTQ history being taught to their children should look within and realize it's an indictment on their own parenting skills (or lack thereof). Sorry, assholes. This is on you.  

It all goes back to Grimes leaving him for a trans person and one of his dozen or so kids being trans. He can’t wrap his boomer mentality around it (he’s a boomer in spirit).

• Hook 'Em 2