Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Deny The Office GIF

Never been a fan of the Cybertruck.  At all.  Still more than happy with my Model 3. 

I do have a good friend who is super-fooked because he has five Cybertrucks on early pre-order and now cannot resell them.

It's my understanding you can cancel at any time. Or maybe that's just people who have put a deposit down on one. Not sure if that's the same as pre-ordering. The guy I know who has one is a very successful aggy but he's aggy all the same. I asked him if he was mental in not cancelling immediately and he said he wanted to see one first.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d88h626sfksesv2itl

16 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Apparently, the "no flip" language has now been removed from the vehicle order agreement.  My friend is keeping his pre-orders and just got his invitation to the delivery event. 

Your friend must have some really REALLY dumb clients if they still want to buy one of these scalped lemons from him

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

You really underestimate the population of Tesla-stans out there.

Bingo.

You could gather's Elon's turds, put them under glass, and sell them for $50k each, and you'd need a truck to cart off all the cash you'd get.  There's always a fortune to be made in selling stupid stuff to stupid people who think they're smart.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Bingo.

You could gather's Elon's turds, put them under glass, and sell them for $50k each, and you'd need a truck to cart off all the cash you'd get.  There's always a fortune to be made in selling stupid stuff to stupid people who think they're smart.

I was a Tesla fan boi (Tesla, not so much Musk) for a year or so before and after I got my Model 3.  I still love it, but as soon as Elon started going nuts, I was done with him.  I don't get how someone could see what he's become could still think he's some great visionary.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I was a Tesla fan boi (Tesla, not so much Musk) for a year or so before and after I got my Model 3.  I still love it, but as soon as Elon started going nuts, I was done with him.  I don't get how someone could see what he's become could still think he's some great visionary.  

It really is crazy and makes me wonder if he's had a significant brain chemistry change from one too many k-holes and 72hr waking periods. Or maybe he just had really good PR people and he finally drove them all away. 

That episode of "It Could Happen Here" posted a few days ago on elmo was a good but concerning listen on just how powerful we've let our oligarchs become

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't get how someone could see what he's become could still think he's some great visionary.  

Because the #1 most terrifying thing for stupid people who think they're smart is the prospect of admitting they were wrong.

They're so fucking stupid that they think that "admitting you were wrong" means "you're stupid," instead of meaning "oh....I kept paying attention and learned new information that caused me to change my mind."

Dunning-Kruger is the most dangerous disease out there.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Ahem. I was wrong a year or two ago when I thought, Elon is most certainly not a racist, anti-semitic, ignorant shitbag who boosts the rhetoric of mass murderers. I was totally wrong. My bad. There, I admitted it and I feel much better.

edit @wildcat09beat me by a minute lol

image.thumb.png.dd982c7d712f1d1eaf5b463d48645f85.png

bafkreidpxubcso22aqvlxe4aw7lx6j6ha2fimgh

bafkreiahqrmbqegjr75rkpvxtpo2jtpu6l5bm7n

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

33 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Um…what? What kind of hatred have Jews been pushing against whites? I don’t even get the accusation. Did I miss the memo?

I think some of it ties into Ukraine, and I'm fairly certain he wishes Starlink had never been used there.  Ukraine being run by a Jew, and Ukrainians killing a lot of Russians, bugs a lot of white nationalists/supremacists.

• Hook 'Em 4

35 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Um…what? What kind of hatred have Jews been pushing against whites? I don’t even get the accusation. Did I miss the memo?

Someone explained in another thread a week or so ago that a lot of white nationalists & outright racists blame Jews for somehow pulling the strings for riling up minority groups in America so that Jews can control the country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Someone explained in another thread a week or so ago that a lot of white nationalists & outright racists blame Jews for somehow pulling the strings for riling up minority groups in America so that Jews can control the country.

Yeah it's the whole "Jews will not replace us" chant again and Nazi Musk is on board.

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yeah it's the whole "Jews will not replace us" chant again and Nazi Musk is on board.

He really has never grown up, and it shows every single week.

Given what the cybertruck looks like, and his various views on certain groups, I'm going to guess that he stopped growing up sometime in the 1980s.  It explains why he treats twitter like his own little early 1990s BBS.

• Hook 'Em 4

Tesla steaks for sale any day now I'm sure.

Another oops.

image.thumb.png.c41e223e2aa2348e42db30fd8c6c5f48.png

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/11/15/does-elon-grok-the-trademark-issues-with-grok-ai-chip-company-groq-does/

edit - adding selective quotes.

As you likely know by now, last week, Elon Musk released the initial version of the AI chatbot he created earlier this year via “xAI” which may or may not be part of his many other companies, but definitely uses employees, technology, and resources from those other companies. He named it “Grok,” though also claimed that it was “modeled after” Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Now, anyone with any knowledge of the relevant books here will note that “grok” comes not from Douglas Adam’s “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” but from Robert Heinlein’s “Stranger in a Strange Land,” which are, well, two very different books. Others might note that the underlying theme of Hitchhiker’s Guide is that it’s actually compiled by living beings, but, hey, whatever…

There might be a bigger issue with Elon naming his AI “Grok,” beyond the mixed up book aspect.

And it’s that there’s already a big AI-related company that has been around for over six years named “Groq” that has multiple live trademarks for “Groq” having to do with AI.

It turns out that Groq is much faster than elmo's Grok. Here's they are side by side.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

While Elon is announcing that Hitler was basically right on main, Gen Z is circulating Osama bin Laden’s “Letter to America” on TikTok and saying “yass queen, the Jews have taken control of our money, it’s all right here.” 

is this bad?

Tesla Model 3 last place in german MOT/vehicle inspection report

TüV, the german MOT/vehicle inspection made their report 2024 public. A little background: New cars have a grace period of 3 years before they need to do the inspection, then switches to every 2 years. There must be a certain number of that car model done the inspection(s) before it is included in the report, so as not to distort the results.

111 car models in the age 2- to 3-year-old category are listed in the report. Altogether 3 electric cars. Teslas Model 3 places last, 111 of 111.

~15% of the Tesla Model 3 in the category 2- to 3-year-old cars, fail the first inspection. To give you a reference, Dacia Logan, a car that starts UVP at 7.990€ and ends at 14.500€ is second worst with 11,4%.

The main reason is are broken or damaged axle mounting / suspension.

Then, followed by rusty brakes - something the Zoe (placeing 44 of 111) and VW E-Golf (placeing 4 of 111) in that age category do better.

The report is published in the Auto Bild, releasing today 16.11.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

people on /r/teslamotors did the math on the range for the cybertruck

16 miles drains the battery from 71% to 65%. If you were to scale that up, that would mean the total range would be 266.67 miles, about 267 miles.

If this was the range displayed while Cybertruck was towing, that would be impressive but if not, would be quite disappointing.

It is also important to note range displayed in Trip Planner is affected my numerous factors including: wind speed, elevation, average acceleration, among others.

I’m relatively confident this isn’t going to be the EPA Range but this hints at the fact that the range might not be in the 400+ mi area.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

is this bad?

Tesla Model 3 last place in german MOT/vehicle inspection report

and yet a car company that can't make a decent fucking car has a market cap of $745B , while Ford is at $45B, GM is at $38B, Toyota is $307B, and Honda is $57.5B.

Telsa's market cap - its "worth" that elmo has been using to secure massive loans to do socially destructive things - is $300,000,000,000 MORE than those four titans of the auto industry. It's all bullshit and speculative valuation driven by the same waterheads that still believe in crypto going TOTHEMOON.

It's gonna be a hell of a hangover when those chickens come home to roost and his wildly inflated valuation proves NOT to be propped up by vaporware like FSD and cybertruck

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

While Elon is announcing that Hitler was basically right on main, Gen Z is circulating Osama bin Laden’s “Letter to America” on TikTok and saying “yass queen, the Jews have taken control of our money, it’s all right here.” 

23 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

this-is-fine_custom-dcb93e90c4e1548ffb16

it's worth remembering the tactics of russia in spreading divisive and polarizing content across social media. I have no doubts that there's genuine genZ positive response to it, largely driven by an overall disillusion with how shit is going and wanting just fucking anything else, but I'd bet ya my bottom dollar that there's state-driven efforts to pump up divisive shit like this

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 7

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's all bullshit and speculative valuation driven by the same waterheads that still believe in crypto going TOTHEMOON.

It's gonna be a hell of a hangover when those chickens come home to roost and his wildly inflated valuation proves NOT to be propped up by vaporware like FSD and cybertruck

This.

Tesla is worth a kabillion MOSTLY because a cadre of blind loyalists have built it up to be that (not entirely - Tesla has actual value...just not its insane value that vastly exceeds that of companies that, you know, actually make good cars).

Eventually, the music will stop.  That's gonna be a messy day.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Tesla is worth a kabillion MOSTLY because a cadre of blind loyalists have built it up to be that (not entirely - Tesla has actual value...just not its insane value that vastly exceeds that of companies that, you know, actually make good cars).

Eventually, the music will stop.  That's gonna be a messy day.

"ITS A TECH COMPANY THAT HAPPENS TO MAKE CARS"

that's why they say it's worth it...but it isn't that and it is the most overpriced stock in the history of stock.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

FSD Beta has been in the wild for two years.  Cybertruck delivers production models at the end of this month.  They may or may not be shitty products at this point, but they have evolved beyond the vaporware classification.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

A prerelease software that's about to get shut down for failing to report how many pedestrians it mows down, and a preproduction truck with gaps wider than Michael Strahan's teeth does not represent a released product to me ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Can you please point me to the source for this assertion?  Thanks.