Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

18 hours ago, Chopper said:

Media Matters: Twitter has become a racist haven and Elmo Muskkk is enabling it.

Elmo: That's not true. I'm going to sue you.

Also Elmo: Demons attacking innocent beings is the same as a group of black men fucking a white woman.

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks. @atomheartbevo that link didn’t help at all, but I did read up on someone who I didn’t (and still don’t) care about and had forgotten about 😁

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks. @atomheartbevo that link didn’t help at all, but I did read up on someone who I didn’t (and still don’t) care about and had forgotten about 😁

She kept doing and saying racist shit until MLB and the sponsors could no longer ignore it.

If Marge Schott was still around, she'd be on twitter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

https://jalopnik.com/its-still-very-funny-that-1-000-people-gave-tesla-250-1851038764

The Tesla Semi launch event was held on November 16th, 2017, exactly six years ago last week. At the end of that launch event, Elon Musk had a signature “one more thing” that was the unveiling of the incredible second-generation Tesla Roadster. Back then the car was promised to be delivered in 2020, which obviously didn’t happen, but it was compelling. The order books for the car were opened immediately after the event, and people were asked to wire transfer $50,000 to secure their place in line for the car, or pay the full $250,000 for one of the one-thousand “Founders Edition” models.

This car was a huge deal in 2017, promising to be the quickest-ever production car, and the first to do a sub-two-second 0-60 time and a sub-nine-second quarter mile. Of course, both of those have already been achieved by other production cars, including the Lucid Air Sapphire. The Roadster also promised to a top speed in excess of 250 miles per hour and 620 miles of range at highway speed.

From Q1 2017 through Q1 2018, Tesla was losing $7,430 per minute. The company was just figuring out how to get Model 3 production up and running, and that cost a whole lot of money. Elon Musk admitted that the company was “less than a month from bankruptcy” at the time. If you’re a company in dire straits, and cash is key to your survival, you’ll do anything to get your hands on some, right? Would you make up some specs about some new products and pass a hat around the room to get some “deposits” for your wildly unrealistic promises? 

The Tesla Semi event, at which the Roadster was launched, might have been the turning point for the company. Rather than selling off some of his ownership of the company, Musk sold promises at $250,000 a piece, and has yet to honor them. Tesla had a Kickstarter campaign, and it’s not delivering perks. That quarter billion just for the Founders Edition cars probably helped the company quite a bit, and there’s no telling how many $50,000 deposits the company got and still holds. Much the same way Starbucks isn’t really a coffee company, Tesla isn’t really a car company. 

Tesla is a promise company. It makes promises to its customers, various governments, and other businesses. Those promises require up-front payment, and whether they come to fruition or not, the company keeps the money while continually blowing through deadlines.

It’s been six years since the Roadster was unveiled, and we haven’t seen so much as prototype out testing or putting in Nürburgring laps or whatever. If I’d handed over a deposit to Tesla, I’d be pretty perturbed about it. Hell, even the bizarre Cybertruck was introduced in 2019 and allegedly will reach some customers this month, and the Semi has been in use by Pepsi and others for a while now. Roadster buyers, when are you getting your car?

Jennifer Lawrence Oops GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She kept doing and saying racist shit until MLB and the sponsors could no longer ignore it.

If Marge Schott was still around, she'd be on twitter.  

Well if I thought like John Nash I’m sure I would have connected those dots. Thanks for laying it out so plainly 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, UT_OB1 said:

Well if I thought like John Nash I’m sure I would have connected those dots. Thanks for laying it out so plainly 😂

I'm old enough to remember Jimmy the Greek deciding to get himself fired.

Shit, I have some burner twitter accounts, maybe I should post some of what Jimmy the Greek said @ Elon and see if he says "Exactly" or "Interesting".

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

• Hook 'Em 2

yeah, THIS will bring back Apple

5uftkjq3e23c1.jpg

Cybertruck updates:

https://cleanenergyrevolution.co/2023/11/28/tesla-cybertruck-payload-capacity-29-less-than-promised/

The first Tesla Cybertruck production version is scheduled to be delivered to customers on November 30 at the Gigafactory in Austin, Texas. According to new information, the polarizing electric truck may prioritize style over substance.

A photo from a Tesla showroom in San Diego revealed that the Cybertruck has a towing capacity of 11,000 pounds and a payload capacity of 2,500 pounds in its truck bed. At its introduction four years ago, Elon Musk said that the top trim version of the Cybertruck would boast a maximum towing capacity of 14,000 pounds and a payload capacity of 3,500 pounds.

Therefore, the Cybertruck’s towing capacity is 21% less than promised, and its payload capacity is 29% less than promised.

The Tesla Cybertruck falls in line with its electric pickup competitors in terms of towing capacity. According to TheStreet, the Rivian R1T also has an 11,000 pound towing capacity, while the Ford F-150 Lightning can tow a maximum of 10,000 pounds.

In addition, the Cybertruck beats the R1T and the F-150 Lightning in terms of payload capacity. The R1T has a capacity of 1,760 pounds, while the F-150 Lightning has a capacity of 2,235 pounds.

However, the Cybertruck falls quite short of Musk’s promise that it would be the “world’s toughest truck.” The Ram 3500 pickup has a towing capacity of up to 23,000 pounds.

Other aspects of the Cybertruck have also fallen short of expectations.

A post last month in a Cybertruck Facebook group suggested that the vehicle is likely to cost around $99,000, 40% more than originally promised. In addition, recent government documents indicate that the highly anticipated $40,000 Cybertruck may never happen.

and

i think everyone who has ever looked into this said this was going to happen...

The stainless-steel body of Tesla's Cybertruck is reportedly leading to issues with gaps in between the panels

https://www.businessinsider.com/cybertruck-steel-body-panel-gaps-production-issue-report-2023-11

The stainless steel is difficult to shape into panels without gaps or alignment issues, the publication said, citing individuals who worked on the Cybertruck.

wonder why this is the case?

The Cybertruck is the first vehicle to be made from stainless steel since the DeLorean was produced in the 80s.

from reddit comments:

Tesla manufacturing is leading to panel gaps; just like it always does. Sheets are more expensive than rolls so they are using rolls...and they are not flattening then properly before forming or even bothering to match up parts so identical defects hide each other. More than that, stainless is just squiggly to work with, especially when welded. Frankly, it's not a good material for most things. Compared to 6061 aluminum, 304ss is about twice the price for half the strength. My company 304SS a lot because the chemicals our machines are exposed to will corrode aluminum...and that's the only reason we put up with it. That said, we can line up panels so they look absolutely perfect even after 30 years so it's not the fault of the material but of the manufacturing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just went on Twitter and before I even realized what was happening saw someone get shot 11 times by a cop and fall to the ground dead. Because it keeps defaulting to the “for  you” section and twitter decided I needed to see some page called cctv shootings that shows people being shot with no warning. Real good job there, Elon, you piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

Would you believe, they are having riots again tomorrow? I was in Marseille for a week this summer (they rioted the day after I left), in the Calanques, it's freaking lovely. Paris the last two Christmases. Sorry not sorry.

I love the country, but the Utopian Paradise may not be working out so great. Or maybe you're right, it's nothing but champagne and caviar over there.

Edited by Thetexashammer

14 hours ago, royiv said:

It absolutely blows my mind that our country entrusts a large amount of our space program to a company owned by this broken brained Qanon follower. He's a national security threat.

For a group of people who are always trying to tell people to do their one research, Qanon followers don’t like to do their own research. 

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Would you believe, they are having riots again tomorrow? I was in Marseille for a week this summer (they rioted the day after I left), in the Calanques, it's freaking lovely. Paris the last two Christmases. Sorry not sorry.

I love the country, but the Utopian Paradise may not be working out so great. Or maybe you're right, it's nothing but champagne and caviar over there.

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I was in Europe for the last four years. So I know what I am talking about.

What in gods name are you blathering about? How are they not free? Did they fire up some concentration camps again?

1 hour ago, locodos said:

Yeah it's almost impossible to get the BBC all the way over in Europe

In Europe, he can still get big blac....oh you mean the British Broadcasting Corporation.

This is interesting:

China has refused to invest in Power of Siberia 2 gas pipeline and demanded more gas discounts, The South China Morning Post writes.

China is unwilling to invest in the new pipeline, offering Russia to pay the multibillion-dollar construction bill in full and demanding discounts on Russian gas, The South China Morning Post reported, citing a source familiar with the situation in Moscow.

Next year, the discount for China will increase to 46%, according to the government's drafts: gas from the Power of Siberia will cost $271.6 per thousand cubic meters, and for Turkey and Europe - $481.7. But that's not enough for China. It "can demand deep discounts," the source says. "In terms of construction, [Beijing] wants to make sure that they have no risks and no costs. Russia is the side that foots the entire bill," says the source.

Whether Gazprom will find money for the new megaproject remains unclear. After cutting off gas to European countries, the company made a trillion-ruble net loss for the year and faced cash gaps that it had to spend two-thirds of its cash reserves to cover. Of the 2 trillion ruble "cash pile" that Gazprom had before the war, about 700 billion (~$5.56 billion) remained by July 2023.

Even so, Putin hardly has a choice. The Russian president is "under enormous pressure" because if the pipe is not built, Russia will have nowhere to dump "a huge volume" of gas, says the SCMP source. After losing the European market, where more than 150 billion cubic meters of gas a year went at its peak before the war, Gazprom has been forced to cut production by a quarter – a record in its history.

https://www.scmp.com/economy/global-economy/article/3242612/china-wielding-bargaining-power-russia-over-power-siberia-2-natural-gas-pipeline

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I was in Europe for the last four years. So I know what I am talking about. But this thread is about Elon.

Only news I had was CNN International and Sky News sometimes.

LOL... "Why won't these Frenchies speak English!?  What the hell's wrong with y'all!?  And these Italians... pizza this and whassamattayou that.  Where's mah Fox News!?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm afraid a very large part of my home region of Donbas, in the full-scale Russian invasion, has sustained the scale of destruction very easily comparable to the effects of a full-scale nuclear bombardment.

Literally, dozens of cities and towns were leveled to the ground and almost completely depopulated... admittedly, with no chances to be ever built back again.

An entire region has been turned into dead ruins that will stay as they are forever. It's hard to live on with this bit of knowledge in one's head.

• Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Wait... are thread worlds colliding?  What's happening here?  

Actually, they maybe - Musk is quoting/replying to the Hungarian Prime Minister, so it's creeping towards the Russia/Ukraine thread.  But then he starts replying to Q/conspiracy idiots, Scott Adams, various other types more suited for CR stuff, etc.  He really is broken.

There is this little nugget though:

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

• Haha 1

@Thetexashammer now that you're back, do you have any response to this?

Maybe a "oh I didn't see that, I was wrong he clearly is a nazi"? Or maybe a tortured rationale for why actually Elon wasn't saying Hitler was right just because he said that someone who was expressly explaining why they thought Hitler was right was telling "the actual truth"? Or maybe a tortured rationale for why you think a guy spouting antisemitic propaganda in support of Hitler isn't a nazi? Anything? 

• Hook 'Em 5