Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

Based. I have been engaging with X more than ever now. Still the go to spot for sports breaking news and team related content. The algorithm for tweets espousing similar political views has been great. Nice to not have nationalist voices silenced anymore.

You aren’t a nationalist 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

As his proclivity to go on multi-day meth benders while bottoming for a strange men. But I'm sure his nationalist friends won't mind his brown skin and homosexual proclivities. The funny part is, as a heterosexual white man, I'll get to watch when they string him up while he shouts "but I'm on YOUR side!!"

His isues with addiction are not relevant, and to bring that up devalues your positon.

I agree with the rest of your post.

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Is there any objective evidence that Twitter boosts antisemitic accounts? 

He allowed some of the most anti-semitic, racist people in the world who had been formerly banned back on twitter and then he gave them a way to get their tweets and replies seen by all simply by paying $10 a month. I'm sure there's other examples.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Musk really has gone off the deep end. Living in his own fantasy world.

Say what you want about Howard Hughes, but he or his handlers tried to keep a lot of the batshittery out of the public eye.

Also, apparently CNBC wasn't expecting Musk to start dropping f-bombs.

If anybody wants to watch the full 82 minutes or so, here it is, but the replies are full of fanbois.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just watch that video. And then realize there's people, supposedly functional adults, who stan this clown.

His mannerisms look like those of a space alien wrapped in a human skin suit; his words sound like those of an 11 year old arguing with his mom about having more video game time. He makes Zuck seem human by comparison.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

I find the show to be highly entertaining. Just certain woke people who feel the need to piss in everyone else's Wheaties is kind of a problem. 

Yes, we know that you are gleeful like icono to see this racism and antisemitism get boosted. Finally, extreme nationalism for the common clay of the West!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

What's the point of having the ultimate fuck you money if you don't sometimes say, fuck you?

Of course this board that has spent the last however many pages concern trolling about how advertisers would sink Elon is stung that he is apparently unbothered. He basically said fuck you to all of those posters too. Looks like they'll have to find another weapon to try to take X/Elon down. Perhaps more frivolous federal lawsuits or maybe direct legal action against him is up next?

The reason that Elon/Twitter/X has caused such a frenzy since day 1 is that, as he said in the same interview, "The degree to which old Twitter was basically a sock puppet of the government was ridiculous."

That's it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 21

5 minutes ago, Goliad said:

What's the point of having the ultimate fuck you money if you don't sometimes say, fuck you?

Of course this board that has spent the last however many pages concern trolling about how advertisers would sink Elon is stung that he is apparently unbothered. He basically said fuck you to all of those posters too. Looks like they'll have to find another weapon to try to take X/Elon down. Perhaps more frivolous federal lawsuits or maybe direct legal action against him is up next?

The reason that Elon/Twitter/X has caused such a frenzy since day 1 is that, as he said in the same interview, "The degree to which old Twitter was basically a sock puppet of the government was ridiculous."

That's it. 

You think Elon is unbothered? I see it the opposite. He didn't run to Israel for a vacation, nor he did go off in that interview because he was unbothered. Unbothered is ignoring what people are saying or doing.

Now does it matter to Elon's bottom line if Twitter is run at a loss as a passion project of his? I'm sure he can afford it but Twitter still represents 1/6 of his net worth. Or at least it did at one point. Perhaps now it's 1/15.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You think Elon is unbothered? I see it the opposite. He didn't run to Israel for a vacation, nor he did go off in that interview because he was unbothered. Unbothered is ignoring what people are saying or doing.

Now does it matter to Elon's bottom line if Twitter is run at a loss as a passion project of his? I'm sure he can afford it but Twitter still represents 1/6 of his net worth. Or at least it did at one point. Perhaps now it's 1/15.

I think he probably wants to rehab his image as far as clarifying his thoughts, or clearing up people's view of him as an antisemite. If that helps keep some advertisers, fine. Telling other prominent advertisers to GFY directly tells me he is unbothered by their input.

I saw early last year that twitter had 1.5B in debt servicing and 1.5B in expenses. Assuming they don't bring in a penny, that's 3B a year loss. He currently owns 423 Million shares of TSLA. At 244 a share, that's 103B at his disposal. I think he can ride it out if he really wants. From his remarks, it seems like he'd be open to that. He basically told the CEO of Disney that he couldn't money whip him, soooo.

12 minutes ago, Goredho said:

He should have pressed him more, but I get the sense he was taken aback by the lunacy in front of him.

I only watched the first 20 minutes, but I thought Sorkin did a good job. It was not what he expected. You also have to understand that Sorkin's baseline is kissing big wigs' asses on TV, so he was unlikely to flip on the spot at a big event.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 16

5 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Just watch that video. And then realize there's people, supposedly functional adults, who stan this clown.

That's really the worst thing.  When you realize how much a huge chunk of society is at a point of "let's bundle all of the worst traits a human can have.....and THAT'S what I admire most," it's pretty fucking discouraging.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Yes, we know that you are gleeful like icono to see this racism and antisemitism get boosted. Finally, extreme nationalism for the common clay of the West!

A shortcut in determining how shitty someone is can be looking at their fan club.  Elon draws tears of joy from shitbags like Icono and Ian Miles Cheong.  These are LITERALLY people who talk with masturbatory joy about shooting migrants, and Hitler being a hero.  When the worst fucking people on the planet love you...you're clearly a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4

I watched (well listened to) most of the video.  Holy fuck.  I couldn't stop.  

Here's the complete copy

On the one hand, he bitches about advertisers, but then publicly admits to buying their latest and greatest products (in this case an iPhone). And speaking of, he claims that no monkeys have died as a result of the implant itself, and in fact they live in a "monkey paradise" (his words).

His mind feels like a very wild storm..

There were so many little moments where it was clear that something was....fuck, at least Howard Hughes had the dignity to hide out in a Houston penthouse.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

The way he looks to the crowd expecting huge agreement is super cringe 

This happened multiple times.  He was confused that people weren't agreeing with him.

11 minutes ago, Goliad said:

I think he probably wants to rehab his image as far as clarifying his thoughts, or clearing up people's view of him as an antisemite.

I watched the interview.  On the one hand, he said it was his worst post (out of his tens of thousands), but on the other hand, I don't think he has a fucking clue about why it upset people and why he should have to apologize.  I don't. There is a disconnect there, and he's not reading the room and he's confused.

I think that's because it's an interview, and not him retweeting or liking a post or tossing out a one-word response to amplify somebody else's post, and then immediately getting a bunch of likes and comments (aka a dopamine hit).  He looked for that approval.

Telling other prominent advertisers to GFY directly tells me he is unbothered by their input.

It's the opposite.  He's very bothered.  He wanted the crowd to stand up and cheer when he told them to fuck themselves.  He was...either confused or distressed that he didn't get the audience's approval.

I only watched the first 20 minutes, but I thought Sorkin did a good job. It was not what he expected. You also have to understand that Sorkin's baseline is kissing big wigs' asses on TV, so he was unlikely to flip on the spot at a big event.

You should have watched a lot more of it, it got weird.  I can only imagine what Linda Yaccarino was thinking.

I honestly do not think the "Go Fuck Yourself" thing was the weirdest thing, although it will be the most damaging and the one people will take away.

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, Goliad said:

I think he probably wants to rehab his image as far as clarifying his thoughts, or clearing up people's view of him as an antisemite. If that helps keep some advertisers, fine. Telling other prominent advertisers to GFY directly tells me he is unbothered by their input.

Telling CEOs to GFY is telling even more of companies to not advertise on X. I'm sure CEOs run the spectrum from needing their ass to get kissed to some not caring as long as they get results. But zero of them want to be disrespected by a vendor. And for them, X is a vendor. Their attitude will be that if X doesn't want their business (money), there are other platforms, which are not shrinking, that do.

And no one is saying that Musk can't afford to run X as a losing passion project. You're creating a strawman argument. Just because Musk can afford to run X into the ground, it doesn't mean that he's happy with the losses. And if he's unbothered why does X and his tweet scandals appear to take up a large percent of his attention?

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, Goliad said:

That's it. 

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Elon likely won’t feel a ripple when Twitter goes under.  Also likely true of the half dozen c-suite execs, too.  And the brands pulling their advertising aren’t going to notice the loss of any return on their marketing budget spent on Twitter. If their business was dependent on Twitter, they would still be there.  They have done the math to see how much it costs them to be associated with Elon vs how much they make advertising on his social media platform and made a logical free-market decision to say we’ll be taking our business elsewhere.

The ones that are going to feel the pain are the ~1000 employees of Twitter.  In this case, the “fuck you” Elon’s money enables him to deliver is being directed at his employees more than anyone.  The CEO just publicly said the company is being killed by advertisers leaving the platform while telling those advertisers who could keep it alive to fuck off.  Few who are not independently wealthy themselves are going to want to accept that as leadership they will follow with their own financial well being at stake.  Expect an exodus.

• Hook 'Em 2