Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Just now, Goredho said:

Elon likely won’t feel a ripple when Twitter goes under.  Also likely true of the half dozen c-suite execs, too.  And the brands pulling their advertising aren’t going to notice the loss of any return on their marketing budget spent on Twitter. If their business was dependent on Twitter, they would still be there.  They have done the math to see how much it costs them to be associated with Elon vs how much they make advertising on his social media platform and made a logical free-market decision to say we’ll be taking our business elsewhere.

The ones that are going to feel the pain are the ~1000 employees of Twitter.  In this case, the “fuck you” Elon’s money enables him to deliver is being directed at his employees more than anyone.  The CEO just publicly said the company is being killed by advertisers leaving the platform while telling those advertisers who could keep it alive to fuck off.  Few who are not independently wealthy themselves are going to want to accept that as leadership they will follow with their own financial well being at stake.  Expect an exodus.

financially? sure.

but personally? absolutely. it smokes the concept that everything he touches is gold, that he is a modern day tony stark, that he is some amazing human / genius, and that he knows what he is doing across the board. if you think this is the kind of thing that has no downstream impact on his other companies (see what's happening with TSLA) and with the US Government (you think they want their cart tied exclusively to someone that unhinged?) you are truly a dumbass. if you are some brilliant AI engineer are you going to work on his xAI program or literally anywhere else in the world? if you need an EV are you exclusively looking at TSLA anymore?

and Fortune 500 ad execs? a ton of them already stopped advertising on twitter long ago because the ROI wasn't, and hasn't, been there for some time. this isn't a new thing that happened when Musk bought the company, they already were spending more money on other platforms over twitter. this just makes it incredibly easy for those companies to stop spending. and btw, he doesn't even get that what he needs to do is get the big 4 agencies on board with bringing back advertising, not the CEOs of these companies (who don't really make the marketing decisions anyway - that's literally the CMO's job)  - how can those guys or the CMO's recommend to anyone to buy advertising on twitter when there is a very real chance that your ad shows up next to some white power tweet or someone praising Hitler?! they can't - because that's the kind of thing that if it happens and if your name is on it gets you fired as the agency of record or as the CMO.

and who really gives a fuck about those 1000 employees. he nuked everyone (well 80%+ of em) and if you are still there 12 months later and haven't hit the eject button to find a job - ANY JOB - anywhere else in the tech sector i really have no empathy for you. your CEO fired the majority of the company with no clear reason who was laid off or why and decimated teams that were actually needed. he has talked so much shit and run off a ton of people and dollars that made up 90% (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of the company's revenue, any other company on the planet would have led to him being ousted by anyone else with a pulse. literally. any other company on the planet whose CEO ran off what made up 90% of the company's revenue would have been ousted by the investors, the board, anyone and everyone.

he continues to crater the value of the company (and let's be honest, TWTR doesn't pay particularly well and you are staying for that stock option bullshit he is offering) which negatively impacts recruiting and retention both.

if you are still at twitter either you are shitty and nobody will hire you or you choose to be there because you believe in what your leadership is saying. or you are too dumb to see the writing on the wall (firing 80% of the company, running off 90% of your revenue, firing a bunch of execs, not paying your bills *for products you have used*, pausing all non essential travel, asking employees to come up with ways to find new revenue) - you get what you deserve at this point.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

financially? sure.

but personally? absolutely. it smokes the concept that everything he touches is gold, that he is a modern day tony stark, that he is some amazing human / genius, and that he knows what he is doing across the board. if you think this is the kind of thing that has no downstream impact on his other companies (see what's happening with TSLA) and with the US Government (you think they want their cart tied exclusively to someone that unhinged?) you are truly a dumbass. if you are some brilliant AI engineer are you going to work on his xAI program or literally anywhere else in the world? if you need an EV are you exclusively looking at TSLA anymore?

and Fortune 500 ad execs? a ton of them already stopped advertising on twitter long ago because the ROI wasn't, and hasn't, been there for some time. this isn't a new thing that happened when Musk bought the company, they already were spending more money on other platforms over twitter. this just makes it incredibly easy for those companies to stop spending. and btw, he doesn't even get that what he needs to do is get the big 4 agencies on board with bringing back advertising, not the CEOs of these companies (who don't really make the marketing decisions anyway - that's literally the CMO's job)  - how can those guys or the CMO's recommend to anyone to buy advertising on twitter when there is a very real chance that your ad shows up next to some white power tweet or someone praising Hitler?! they can't - because that's the kind of thing that if it happens and if your name is on it gets you fired as the agency of record or as the CMO.

and who really gives a fuck about those 1000 employees. he nuked everyone (well 80%+ of em) and if you are still there 12 months later and haven't hit the eject button to find a job - ANY JOB - anywhere else in the tech sector i really have no empathy for you. your CEO fired the majority of the company with no clear reason who was laid off or why and decimated teams that were actually needed. he has talked so much shit and run off a ton of people and dollars that made up 90% (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) of the company's revenue, any other company on the planet would have led to him being ousted by anyone else with a pulse. literally. any other company on the planet whose CEO ran off what made up 90% of the company's revenue would have been ousted by the investors, the board, anyone and everyone.

he continues to crater the value of the company (and let's be honest, TWTR doesn't pay particularly well and you are staying for that stock option bullshit he is offering) which negatively impacts recruiting and retention both.

if you are still at twitter either you are shitty and nobody will hire you or you choose to be there because you believe in what your leadership is saying. or you are too dumb to see the writing on the wall (firing 80% of the company, running off 90% of your revenue, firing a bunch of execs, not paying your bills *for products you have used*, pausing all non essential travel, asking employees to come up with ways to find new revenue) - you get what you deserve at this point.

I’m not asking you to feel sympathy for them, I’m saying it is they and not the brands leaving Twitter that are going to feel the effects of Elon’s “Fuck You.”

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Imagine watching that video and thinking that Elon is "unbothered."

God damn you people are insane.

It looked to me that he's reached the realization that this is how it's going to be. Then you have to embrace it.

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

He actually dodges the question early on if he regrets buying Twitter. But, I think he's now pot committed personally.

It's obvious that the government/media do not want X to continue. The time tested ad/media boycott is evidently not going to work so it will be interesting to see what they come up with next.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 25
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Goliad said:

It's obvious that the government/media do not want X to continue.

Sure Jan GIF

Except for that bit about the government and media still posting on twitter.....

2 minutes ago, Goliad said:

The time tested ad/media boycott is evidently not going to work so it will be interesting to see what they come up with next.

They aren't coming up with anything because he's doing it on his own.  Elmo can either try and make his followers bug their moms for more money, he can completely lock twitter down to only paying customers (which is clearly where things are headed), or he can pay those employees out of his own pockets.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Prior to the acquisition, the platform was populated with a lot of govt accounts and was extremely useful in that regard. During the fires in the western US, during Harvey and other tropical events, breaking news world-wide, it provided those accounts from agencies at a small local level all the way up to the behemoth federal level to give updates, relevant information, etc.

Those had all of that disrupted post-Dorsey and in a variety of ways that were, to me, rather intentional. I wouldn't say that the government does not want X to continue, I would say the people who work for the government from the smallest post office or county agency to the WH would rather not have had  their accounts hijacked by this billionaire with Daddy issues. So they refuse to pay the ransom. Elon has made a lot of money by using other people's money and ideas and now he can use his own if he wants to turn X into a blue version of Gab. Which, by the way, I wonder if they're steamed that he's cutting into their user base.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I’m not asking you to feel sympathy for them, I’m saying it is they and not the brands leaving Twitter that are going to feel the effects of Elon’s “Fuck You.”

i don't think you understand: i truly give no fucks about them.

if you still work at a company that is the living embodiment of this, in every way:

donald-glover-shocked.gif

that is 100% on you as an employee for not finding a new job.

every possible red flag an employer can have, he has had over the last 12 months.

• incredible drop in revenue
  • incredible drop in valuation of the company
  • firing 80% of employees across the board (not targeted)
  • unlawfully firing people who questioned RTO
  • running afoul of the NLRB
  • running afowl of the FTC
  • firing your sales/ad teams
  • huge senior leadership changes
  • legal department leadership resigning (multiple)
  • privacy and security team members resigning (multiple)
  • other key leaders resigning (multiple)
  • burning through trust and safety executives/leaders (multiple)
  • demanding a loyalty pledge ("Hard Core Twitter" - which failed)
  • a shitty rebrand that was laughed at unanimously
  • launching a subscription model that was unanimously made fun of, changing the price on a whim, then banning researchers who tracked how few people were signing up
  • erasing FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS from a publicly traded company because your verification system is and was such a shitshow you verified a troll who said they were going to make insulin free.
  • starting a creator payment pool, without any real plan, then dropping how many people you pay and who you pay for no reason and no clarity on how to earn more money
  • a precipitous drop in your # of downloads in the app stores
  • hilariously pricing third party access to your data/systems
  • all non essential travel stopped
  • not paying your bills across the board (not targeted)
  • asking staff for how to bring in additional revenue
  • CEO who has no real power and makes no real changes
  • leadership (Elon) making changes then walking them back or making them worse
  • replatforming nazis and individuals the prior safety and trust teams banned, for good reason (multiple)
  • going through arbitration with something like 20-25% of the existing employees when you bought the company because of not paying the agreed to severance (!!!)

that's just off the top of my head.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, NoName said:

if you still work at a company that is the living embodiment of this, in every way:

every possible red flag an employer can have, he has had over the last 12 months.

• launching a subscription model that was unanimously made fun of, changing the price on a whim, then banning researchers who tracked how few people were signing up
  • erasing FIFTEEN BILLION DOLLARS from a publicly traded company because your verification system is and was such a shitshow you verified a troll who said they were going to make insulin free.
  • starting a creator payment pool, without any real plan, then dropping how many people you pay and who you pay for no reason and no clarity on how to earn more money
  • replatforming nazis and individuals the prior safety and trust teams banned, for good reason (multiple)
  • going through arbitration with something like 20-25% of the existing employees when you bought the company because of not paying the agreed to severance (!!!)

I get it, you give no fucks about them.  No need for the dissertation.

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Just watch that video. And then realize there's people, supposedly functional adults, who stan this clown.

His mannerisms look like those of a space alien wrapped in a human skin suit; his words sound like those of an 11 year old arguing with his mom about having more video game time. He makes Zuck seem human by comparison.

Elon at next year's event?

spacer.png

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Goliad said:

He actually dodges the question early on if he regrets buying Twitter. But, I think he's now pot committed personally.

It's obvious that the government/media do not want X to continue. The time tested ad/media boycott is evidently not going to work so it will be interesting to see what they come up with next.

if anyone thinks he doesn't regret buying Twitter they are fucking morons. he tried for months to get out of it. yes, he regrets it now just like he did before the dumb "let that sink in" day and just like he did before it was official.

government/media don't want it to continue? in the words of your leader: go fuck yourself. twitter was fine 13 months ago. it had a fairly sustainable business plan in place that with tweaks would have MADE money and made Elon look smart ("look how many years they lost money - now they are making it because of me") - but he couldn't help himself.

they are in the situation they are in today 100% because of Elon.

maybe if he just didn't replatform a ton of hate accounts, tweet out antisemitic things, conspiracy theories and FUCKING PIZZAGATE he wouldn't be in this situation

but sure. it's the media. and the government. that's the issue with this situation.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I get it, you give no fucks about them.  No need for the dissertation.

you truly seem to not understand the situation Twitter is in, why they are in the situation and why people don't care for the platform.

you absolutely seem to need the dissertation and background on what they have and have not done over the last 12 months+

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Goliad said:

It’s obvious that the government/media do not want X to continue. The time tested ad/media boycott is evidently not going to work so it will be interesting to see what they come up with next.

How are the government and the media involved in this self-immolation?

The conspiracy that Elon is a victim of is that American consumers are by and large good people who don’t want to support companies that promote hate.  Brand X sells to the public, and has a small engagement with Twitter as a vendor.  Twitter’s CEO does something the general public (you obviously are outside that group) finds repulsive, and brand X decides it’s in their best interest to not be associated with Twitter as they should be allowed to do in a free market economy.

There is no government/media conspiracy trying to take down Elon.  Across all his companies, the government is Elon’s biggest customer.

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

government/media don't want it to continue? in the words of your leader: go fuck yourself.

my leader? lulz. I just think an entire thread bitching about this guy is hilarious.

It's a net positive (for me, and American society in general) for there to be one social media site not completely co-opted by the government and mainstream media apparatus. That is what is so distressing to everyone concerned, not the hate speech. 

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

you truly seem to not understand the situation Twitter is in, why they are in the situation and why people don't care for the platform.

you absolutely seem to need the dissertation and background on what they have and have not done over the last 12 months+

you seem to need a break from Elon/X discussion.

No need to worry. If this thread/forum are correct we're rapidly moving towards a world where X is a money pit, Tesla is obsolete, and SpaceX is not the leader in space exploration. I mean when have these prominent posters here ever been wrong?

• Fuck You 19

41 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Vibe: from outside of his brain looking in, you can't understand it. From inside of his mind, you can't explain it he doesn't understand it either. Seems familiar somehow...

That's absolutely going to be his next move. When Bastrop and Brownsville finally get tired of his shit, which most people there already are, Collie Station will be there to bask in the validation of Elon's attention (and money). He'll say Austin went woke and impulse donate a bunch of buildings and putting headquarters out there. They will roll out the maroon carpet for him, probably make some charts comparing Elon's peak net worth to all of UT's BMDs and claim "scoreboard" and act as if Austin's tech industry died and moved to the Brazos valley.

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

Sorry, then.  tl; dr.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

The ignorance Musk speaks with in regards to X and their algorithm is amazing to watch. He mentions how bad it is on TikTok (he's right), but doesn't realize X is now doing the exact same thing on the For You page. 

Since he's purchased Twitter, I now am fed video clips of people being shot and killed on my For You page. I do not follow these accounts. I do not engage with these accounts. 

The algorithm also shows me tweets from far right political accounts. I've purposely curated my feed to not be about politics anymore. If I watch a few seconds of a right winger's video and then refresh my For You page, I'm completely inundated with more Far Right posts and video. It's the same rabbit hole bullshit that happens on TikTok. 

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, NoName said:

don't forget the lawsuit demanding a refund from the attorneys who advised the company to accept his insane purchase offer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

He should have pressed him more, but I get the sense he was taken aback by the lunacy in front of him.

Reading his recap this morning it's very milquetoast. I would have thought he'd lean into the insanity but it's a boring recap which just asks the reader to watch the whole thing and make your own judgment/opinion. Boring.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Chopper said:

All of that just provides more context for this.

image.thumb.png.767d0a1c12cbc52e0a50a7a26b09fbe8.png

This dipshit woke up that day and said "I'm going to dress like Bane." What a fucking knob.

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, finally Icono admits he is a complete piece of shit.  Well done.

Elon Musk is a complete piece of shit.  

Finally? As if he didn't admit to that like a decade ago and every time he's posted since then?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I actually don't believe that anyone really wants to see Twitter/X fail except perhaps their direct competitors. Twitter was and still is to some extent the best place to go for immediate news, commentary and most importantly, quotes from known people. 

Nothing else will fully replace X as it's had an almost 2 decade head start of operational (not financial) success. From an user standpoint, Twitter was a public good that had a large amount of value. sure there was crap on there but I found that I could easily avoid by staying away from the comments. 

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, Goliad said:

No need to worry. If this thread/forum are correct we're rapidly moving towards a world where X is a money pit, Tesla is obsolete, and SpaceX is not the leader in space exploration. I mean when have these prominent posters here ever been wrong?

so...you don't think TWTR is a money pit and Tesla is (getting) obsolete?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

defending Musk in November 2023 sure is a brave stance to take, but good luck.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 6

44 minutes ago, Goliad said:

If this thread/forum are correct we're rapidly moving towards a world where X is a money pit, Tesla is obsolete, and SpaceX is not the leader in space exploration. I mean when have these prominent posters here ever been wrong?

Are you sane enough to determine the number of factual errors you managed to cram into just one sentence?

• Haha 8
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'll quote you becuase it's convenient, but this message is for every single one of you fuckers that's been arguing with that numbnuts the past few pages: It's fucking GRUHorn. Stop wasting everyone's time, it's just giving him an erection. The dude's account was created on Nov 8 and immediately started posting in the inflation and crypto thread. If you want to keep piling on, by all means, but at least know who the fuck you're arguing with. 

I appreciate the info.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Goliad said:

What's the point of having the ultimate fuck you money if you don't sometimes say, fuck you?

Of course this board that has spent the last however many pages concern trolling about how advertisers would sink Elon is stung that he is apparently unbothered. He basically said fuck you to all of those posters too. Looks like they'll have to find another weapon to try to take X/Elon down. Perhaps more frivolous federal lawsuits or maybe direct legal action against him is up next?

The reason that Elon/Twitter/X has caused such a frenzy since day 1 is that, as he said in the same interview, "The degree to which old Twitter was basically a sock puppet of the government was ridiculous."

That's it. 

Actually the reason it's caused such a frenzy since day 1 is that Elon is a nazi. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Every 3rd post is an ad

ibe blocked hundreds of made up Chinese “stores” who are running ads that only 80 year olds would fall for

I've reported every radical right wing ad as adult sexual content 

now the ads are being taken over by middle eastern accounts who are scamming folks with fake designer brand purses. 

I wish bluesky would hurry up

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Every 3rd post is an ad

ibe blocked hundreds of made up Chinese “stores” who are running ads that only 80 year olds would fall for

now the ads are being taken over by middle eastern accounts who are scamming folks with fake designer brand purses. 

After being on Twitter, which I think makes me a Twit, for over 10 years, I first decied to unfollow Elon, then anyone who retweeted his tweets, and finally I just go off Xwitter.

Best thing I have done in my life in the last 2-3 years; other than change my grandbabies diapers - but both of these things are full of shit, the difference is that I love the grandkids who shit; but not the shithead who turned twitter into a shitfarm

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Every 3rd post is an ad

Who needs a Bluesky code? Will share.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Every 3rd post is an ad

The evolution of ads I'm seeing has been bizzare.  Every 3 like yourself, but now I'm getting ads for personalized tshirts or other clothing, or knockoff Rolex's.  Previously it was crypto, sex toys and AI.  And all these accounts are a name with digits afterwards, and random photos for avatars.  It's as if these bot armies of accounts Elon bitched about years ago suddenly found a new purpose---advertising.

Also, my wife sent me this: (Edit and Ted beat me to it)

Screenshot2023-11-30at10_47_28AM.thumb.jpeg.00e1d864d4d8e529e5c329c80fd50635.jpeg

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Goliad said:

It's a net positive (for me, and American society in general) for there to be one social media site not completely co-opted by the government and mainstream media apparatus. That is what is so distressing to everyone concerned, not the hate speech. 

I think you mean, "Governments and mainstream media keep reporting truths that are inconvenient for me to accept, so I'm glad there's a place where I can live in my fantasy world."

3 hours ago, Goliad said:

What's the point of having the ultimate fuck you money if you don't sometimes say, fuck you?

Of course this board that has spent the last however many pages concern trolling about how advertisers would sink Elon is stung that he is apparently unbothered. He basically said fuck you to all of those posters too. Looks like they'll have to find another weapon to try to take X/Elon down. Perhaps more frivolous federal lawsuits or maybe direct legal action against him is up next?

The reason that Elon/Twitter/X has caused such a frenzy since day 1 is that, as he said in the same interview, "The degree to which old Twitter was basically a sock puppet of the government was ridiculous."

That's it. 

Why did your parents like each other?

2 hours ago, 27-25 said:

Elon at next year's event?

spacer.png

My wife described it as "being possessed by the ghost of an old, bitter Chinese man" and I think that nails it even better.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Elon reminds me somewhat of what I saw from Deion Sanders this year. Deion would say the following about his haters in a press conference, "What about me would make you think. that I care about your opinion of me?"  then he would spend 20-30 minutes talking about the receipts he has with specific people who disrespected him.

Elon and Deion try to act like their above the fray when in actuality, they're below it. Their egos are at least partially dependent on what others say.

Yes. And the odd, forced mannerisms support that. This reminds me of reading a Robert Heinlein novel (Number of the Beast, if you must know. 0/10, would not recommend) where the characters spend page, after page, after page describing how much being naked is not a big deal. After going on about this for quite some time, I'm just thinking, "If it's such not a big deal to you, why are you making such a big deal out of it?" If you ever encounter someone for whom nudity actually isn't a big deal, you'll find they don't talk about it at all... because it's not a big deal.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Telling CEOs to GFY is telling even more of companies to not advertise on X. I'm sure CEOs run the spectrum from needing their ass to get kissed to some not caring as long as they get results. But zero of them want to be disrespected by a vendor. And for them, X is a vendor. Their attitude will be that if X doesn't want their business (money), there are other platforms, which are not shrinking, that do.

And no one is saying that Musk can't afford to run X as a losing passion project. You're creating a strawman argument. Just because Musk can afford to run X into the ground, it doesn't mean that he's happy with the losses. And if he's unbothered why does X and his tweet scandals appear to take up a large percent of his attention?

All of this, and yeah, $3 Billion is still $3 Billion, whether you're worth $103 Billion or not. Losing close to 3% of your net worth on a whim is probably a big deal for just about anyone.

4 hours ago, Goliad said:

That's it. 

Nah. That's not it, at least not for the typical user. Even before Elon bought twitter and it was just a possibility that he might buy it, most regular twitter users, including myself,  dreaded it because we just figured he'd fuck it all up. We had no idea how spectacularly he'd do that though. Twitter is damn near unuseable now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1