Terrible, abhorrent, garbage songs. All genres

Parliament

As an 90's era country child, it makes my cry the stuff they call "country music" nowadays.  We have a "Jason, Sturgill, etc" thread of good country.  So let's post the garbage here and make fun of these dipshits.

And this thread isn't just country.  How about a terrible rock song?  The late 90's/early 00's were pretty bad for rock music. 

They call this rock I guess.  But it sounds like a food processor full of gravel and kittens:

So what you got?  Get it on here so we can find some kinda closure.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like the Fancy song. When I was in law school I didn’t have a pot to piss in. There was an Applebees near my apartment, and when I celebrated something, it was with a Bourbon Street Steak, which as I remember was pretty damn good. Never had an Oreo shake though. 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Don;'t you fuckers badmouth [LFO] !!

3 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

LFO were up there with Dylan, Lennon, Springsteen, and Bon Jovi as lyricists!

Plus, one of them died. I think. (I’ll look it up.)

EDIT:

ALL but one of them died.

They are like a band composed solely of Spinal Tap drummers!

Wiki- LFO (an acronym for Lyte Funkie Ones) are an American pop and hip hop band formed in 1995 and consisted of singers Brad Fischetti (born September 11, 1975), Rich Cronin (August 30, 1974 – September 8, 2010), and Brian "Brizz" Gillis (January 19, 1975 – March 29, 2023).[1] In 1998, Gillis left the group and was replaced by Devin Lima (born Harold Lima; March 18, 1977 – November 21, 2018).[2] The group disbanded after Cronin's death in 2010 but briefly reunited (with Fischetti and Lima as a duo) in 2017 before Lima's death a year later.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LFO_(American_band)

Edited by Napoleon

8 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Covering a Janis Joplin song can be……..problematic..

Train covered that years ago. You wouldn’t think a male vocalist could handle it, but I thought it was done pretty damn well 

Last night, outta the blue
Driftin' off to the evening news
She said, "Honey, what would you do
If you'd have never met me"
I just laughed, said, "I don't know
But I could take a couple guesses though"
And then tried to dig real deep
Said, "Darlin', honestly"

I'd do a lot more offshore fishin'
I'd probably eat more drive-thru chicken
Take a few strokes off my golf game
If I'd have never known your name
I'd still be drivin' that old green 'Nova
I probably never would have heard of yoga

--------------------------------

If I hadn't been so lucky, I'd be

Shootin' pool in my bachelor pad
Playin' bass in my cover band
Restockin' up cold Bud Light
For poker every Tuesday night, yeah
I'd have a dirt bike in the shed
And not one throw pillow on the bed
I'd keep my cash in a coffee can
But if I was a single man
Alone and out there on the loose
Well, I'd be lookin' for a woman like you

Honestly a lot of these songs are more annoying than bad. Even LFO, I remember that song 25 years after having last heard it. Bush was one of the least cool/authentic or whatever 90s post grunge bands but they had songs that are defensible as quite good. I don’t know that Chris Gaines song but I doubt Garth Brooks’ worst song quite fits.

I can’t remember them but I think there were some Fergie songs that were pretty just terrible. This Black Eyed Peas song is actually great but this sketch about its stupidity cracks me up

Call Me Maybe should be a terrible song, on paper. But it’s not.

I know... I know... that is low hanging fruit.

But let me submit I want to poke my ear drums when I hear anything by this douche and I'm super pissed I listened to two seconds of this clip to verify it is one of the songs I hate the most...

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't mind "Zombie" too much.  Her Irish inflection -- practically a yodel -- was kinda cool.annoying.  Plus, no autotune (clearly).

FIFY

I don't mind any of their other songs, but the chorus of Zombie was nails on a chalkboard for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

Is there a worse overall group than the entire post-grunge wave of “rock” bands? This shit took over rock and alternative stations as I was leaving high school and starting college and it was all worse than garbage, this stuff is the dumpster juice of music and it’s even worse because they seemed to take themselves seriously. Nickleback is the easy answer but they are good compared to Lifehouse, Puddle of Mudd,  Creed (lol), Shinedown, etc.

Anyway here’s some absolute trash-can music by Staind. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Is there a worse overall group than the entire post-grunge wave of “rock” bands? This shit took over rock and alternative stations as I was leaving high school and starting college and it was all worse than garbage, this stuff is the dumpster juice of music and it’s even worse because they seemed to take themselves seriously. Nickleback is the easy answer but they are good compared to Lifehouse, Puddle of Mudd,  Creed (lol), Shinedown, etc.

Anyway here’s some absolute trash-can music by Staind. 

It is interesting, that whole genre ruled the world for what a decade? It's been 25 years, we're back to cycling in fashions from the 2000s, nobody is defending this shit or asking for it to come back.

Just now, Celery Man said:

It is interesting, that whole genre ruled the world for what a decade? It's been 25 years, we're back to cycling in fashions from the 2000s, nobody is defending this shit or asking for it to come back.

It mostly killed rock dead, I think? Maybe there is new stuff and I just got old.  It was just shit that was awful and all the listenable music was now rap or pop.

Even pop-punk was better than that stuff. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

No discussion of awful music is complete without The Shaggs.

The story of how this band came to be, and how they somehow released a record, is something else.

Band name is something of a misnomer.  Nobody wanted to shag them, amirite?

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It mostly killed rock dead, I think? Maybe there is new stuff and I just got old.  It was just shit that was awful and all the listenable music was now rap or pop.

Even pop-punk was better than that stuff. 

There's a mountain of shitty pop punk but plenty of good shit, especially if broaden it slightly to include the nearby relative punk subgenres. I would defend Blink 182 as a good band and would go so far as to say that you are wrong if you argue that Jimmy Eat World is bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Deej said:

Holy shit, yes.

I had forgotten these horrible songs existed. And the amazing thing is that Linda Perry went on to write a bunch of hit songs for more popular artists like Pink, Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani. So she knows how to write a song, just not for herself.

I am frequently subjected to others’ music at work.  Im an old man music douchebag.  I don’t like myself for it and I’m trying to work on it.  But over and over, a song comes on that makes me want to tear off my ears, I ask who it is, and it’s always Maroon 5.  Always.  Fuck Maroon 5.

4 Non Blondes "What's Up" is a truly wretched song.  The irony is that the lead singer somehow managed to craft a subsequent career as a producer/mentor, and her biggest hit is an utter piece of garbage.

That post-grunge era, holy shit it was bad.  I was visiting my parents in 2009 and got on the hotel elevator with a few very band-looking dudes.  They were talking about hitting up the town and meeting chicks.  We got off the elevator on the same floor and I said "hey guys, I know this is a college town, but I grew up here and there are no chicks.  It's an engineering school."

"Ah, we'll do fine."

A couple of hours later I was down at the ice machine and those dudes rolled back in.  "Hey, how were the bars?"  "Man, you weren't kidding, this town sucks."  That band?  Puddle of Mudd, in town for the annual St. Patrick's concert the next day..  Shinedown was opening for them.

Not a good year to book a concert in the middle of nowhere, I suppose.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Shinedown was opening for them.

I'm not a fan of Shinedown. Honestly, I barely know who they are but quick search on YouTube tells me that their music is pretty bad.

But they did provide financial help to Spiritbox during COVID (who had just sunk a bunch of money into a tour), so that was pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Band name is something of a misnomer.  Nobody wanted to shag them, amirite?

Austin withdrew his daughters from school, bought them instruments and arranged for them to receive music and vocal lessons.[3] He named them the Shaggs after the shag hairstyle, which was popular at the time, and in reference to the 1959 film The Shaggy Dog.[4][7]

it really is a rabbit-hole