Texas Primaries

17 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

But that's what I don't understand. The more money you have, the more you should be interested in running the state the correct way. So you know, you keep making money. But these fuckers are hellbent on destroying everything...

Leopards eating faces party. Some of these folks and policies have the potential to wreak havoc across the rural areas, especially with vouchers taking from public education.  If they dig into public education in those rural districts and drive young families out to the cities/suburbs, the rural businesses, churches, etc. will be finished - shit, in “normal” times, more than a few are hanging on by a thread as the youth move elsewhere for jobs etc.

Abbott gives no fucks because some billionaire in Pennsylvania gives no fucks about rural Texans.

On the flip side, some of us might decide to pick up properties in rural areas for dirt cheap in the future.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's a mixed bag. The judges are the biggest win. They are getting smoked.

Some incs are fine. Some are going to runoffs. Some gonna lose. 

I'm not ready to bail out yet. 

What?  All the ones Paxton endorsed on Criminal appeals court are winning

image.thumb.png.00963e55ad54454dea04fda7c17a5820.png

24 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

What if this is what Texas has always been?

Ann Richards was once Governor.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I don't understand. I'm a 6th generation Texan. How did we get here? Why are we so stupid that we vote against our own interests? I don't get it at all.

Let them destroy the state. Maybe then they will learn. 

Republicans don't stand for anything other than supporting their team. They aren't a serious party. They don't know how nor do they have any interest in governing. When we don't hold people accountable, you wind up with a shitty state run by idiots.

All they care about is making you live the way they want you to and feeding at the grift trough. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

All they care about is making you live the way they want you to and feeding at the grift trough. 

Playing christo-fascist games is the means to the end of feeding at the grift trough.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Shit, at one point Perry was pissing on Trump's idea of a immigration invasion and border wall. Bush as governor was giving speeches in Spanish and the Texas GOP was courting the Hispanic vote.

Eh. I don't think the Mexican population in Texas is as left as it used to be. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

Call me crazy but Phelan losing is bad. Aside from the drinking, he is one of the more sane Republicans in the House. Covey is a full blown MAGA Paxton.

Phelan will be in a runoff.

15 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Ah great, the one who said in a campaign appearance that she doesn't believe in teaching kids not to laugh at other kids who are different. On video, look it up. Nice encapsulation of this state's current values. 

The cruelty is the point.  It is celebrated, with unbridled joy.  Dear god, we are a horrible people, state, and country.  We are relentlessly elevating the worst of humanity and human nature.

I’m pretty much out of words.  This place is lost.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um...maybe but that has nothing to do with what he is talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

There was a time in recent memory that Texas portrayed itself as a Western state while covering up the Confederate past. The state was still conservative but put on a Western libertarian facade. Now we are back to being an outward Confederate red state lumped in with the South.

Texas went all in on NAFTA and the Texas GOP didn't float the immigration crisis. Shit, at one point Perry was pissing on Trump's idea of a immigration invasion and border wall. Bush as governor was giving speeches in Spanish and the Texas GOP was courting the Hispanic vote.

Texas wasn't even like this 10 years ago. Under the Trump and Abbott era Texas did some major fucking backsliding. It wasn't always like this.

Eh, Texas was in preclearance for decades because it deserved to be. We were/are what our record says we are

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The cruelty is the point.  It is celebrated, with unbridled joy.  Dear god, we are a horrible people, state, and country.  We are relentlessly elevating the worst of humanity and human nature.

I’m pretty much out of words.  This place is lost.

This is a low turnout primary. That always plays into the hands of the most fanatical voters.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It has everything to do with what he's talking about. 

I thought he was talking about how the Republican Party was more western libertarian in the past and showed more of an interest in inclusion and diversity and was more responsive to realities and not fear mongering.

I didn't see where he said all Mexicans are fanatically leftwing. But hey maybe you did.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I thought he was talking about how the Republican Party was more western libertarian in the past and showed more of an interest in inclusion and diversity and was more responsive to realities and not fear mongering.

I didn't see where he said all Mexicans are fanatically leftwing. But hey maybe you did.

Do you think Trump is being inclusive when he lobbies for black votes by selling sneakers?

No one gives a fuck about any of that shit they're always just peddling for votes. 

This is a low turnout primary. That always plays into the hands of the most fanatical voters.

Who will end up deciding our future, because every one of those GQP nominees will win their district, and of course all statewide races.
The outcome matters. And in that respect, we’re fucked.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I was addressing the blatant racism that is now part of the Texas GOP that wasn't there twenty years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Anyone have a good realtor in western Montana, preferably Kalispell/Whitefish/Columbia Falls area?

I used to know a guy from Kalispell. His name was Erik something or other. White and blond. Very Nordic. Never had a drop of alcohol in his whole life. Only guy who didn’t drink I ever really trusted. Last I heard he was a fractional CFO. Good guy. Not a realtor. 
hope that helps. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, F250 said:

I was addressing the blatant racism that is now part of the Texas GOP that wasn't there twenty years ago.

Yeah that's enough CR for today. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Do you think Trump is being inclusive when he lobbies for black votes by selling sneakers?

No one gives a fuck about any of that shit they're always just peddling for votes. 

The shoe thing is the equivalent of Trump taking a picture with a taco salad. That is nothing like what was happening in the 90's and early 2000’s which was actual attempt to connect with the Hispanic population.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah that's enough CR for today. 

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF

I'm here to be told by the whites that being a Mexican these days in Texas has always been like this.

Get out of your fucking bubble every now and then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Heh. Well I cannot dispute that.

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

@RDCanecutter and @BamaATL

Any background on this?

As to why Carl lost, or why people chose Moore, not specifically I will defer to @RDCanecutter on that.  What I do know is that this is a bi-product of the redistricting that forced Moore into what more or less was Carl's district.  They are both Trump nuts, so why one won out of the other, I do not know.  The best news is that the new district was so non-viable for Republicans it lead to eating one of their own, which is always good to me.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

These results are ungodly disappointing.  We’ve talked about for years using the primary season to get rid of terrible republicans, but now these same terrible republicans are using the primary to get rid of the only somewhat sane republicans left in the only Texas body of government that isn’t totally fucked up. 

the Texas house could be as bad if not worse than the Texas Senate soon.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Brandon Gill is Dinesh D’Souza’s son-in-law!?!?!?

Yes…. Brandon gill gave Dinesh a grand child and Dinesh pretty much got Brandon elected. Dinesh gave the Gill campaign a huge donation and secured the trump endorsement for gill.

6 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Uh yeah, I'd like to see Texas/OU and the State Fair. I'd also like to see ACL and SXSW. How much time do I have, before I have to completely wall off Texas like I have Oklahoma and much of the south? 

• Rage+1 3

8 hours ago, gmr548 said:

To be fair, one will be heading to a runoff. But still, this is like whe Uvalde went overwhelmingly for Abbott.

This place isn't going to get better. I've lost hope.

It's fucking pathetic.  People are absolute morons. 

The great part  is that it won’t get better, only worse. Since they won a few seats, more $ will flow from billionaires to get more seats and the people will gladly support the leopards.

Mel Brooks Morons GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So glad I left in 2019. Seriously. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence who is under 50 will get the fuck out of the shithole Texas has become.

Working on it 

• Hook 'Em 3