Greatest movie scenes ever

ztejas

It's a flawed film, definitely not one of Mann's best, but once you start seeing Miami Vice as tone poem about a doomed romance and not a cops/drug dealers movie, it becomes a crazy rewatchable film.  The cold opening into "Numb Encore" slams, goes very hard:

As to greatest scenes ever.....well, what's in the box:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

One of the greatest scenes ever and for someone in sales it hits way too close to home and is depressing as shit.  Also, the actors in that scene (Baldwin, Harris, Lemmon, Arkin, Spacey) is quite incredible plus you have Pacino and Jonathon Pryce in the movie.

Pacino not being in that scene is what makes it so good.

5 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

One of the greatest scenes ever and for someone in sales it hits way too close to home and is depressing as shit.  Also, the actors in that scene (Baldwin, Harris, Lemmon, Arkin, Spacey) is quite incredible plus you have Pacino and Jonathon Pryce in the movie.

People say they love that scene but for me it's a total turnoff.  Bullshit.  Google Bart Reagor for real life application.

Full disclosure:  i hate the Al pacino "Inches" speech from Any Given Sunday too.

this thread is a combination of "greatest", "most iconic", and "favorite" movie scenes, which is fine.  everything is subjective and there isn't a known greatest movie scene, so why not.  here are a few i enjoy, but i traditionally like talkies.

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Like 2

When at his mother's wake, Michael hugs Fredo and gives Al that look and all Al can do is look down. He'd previously told Al that he didn't want anything to happen to Fredo while his mother was alive.

Chilling.

Edited by Nole-4-Life
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this thread is a combination of "greatest", "most iconic", and "favorite" movie scenes, which is fine.  everything is subjective and there isn't a known greatest movie scene, so why not.  here are a few i enjoy, but i traditionally like talkies.

That will always be the case on any topic that is completely subjective.  It's certainly interesting to me to see what OTHER people find "great" or iconic.  I'd say I probably agree with about 70% of the scenes posted so far, and vehemently disagree with several as well.

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

That will always be the case on any topic that is completely subjective.  It's certainly interesting to me to see what OTHER people find "great" or iconic.  I'd say I probably agree with about 70% of the scenes posted so far, and vehemently disagree with several as well.

too much sean astin, but overall i agree.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

When at his mother's wake, Michael hugs Fredo and gives Al that look and all Al can do is look down. He'd previously told Al that he didn't want anything to happen to Fredo while his mother was alive.

Chilling.

Not a word of dialog.  Nothing but perfectly timed and orchestrated music.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

There's like 12 scenes from Butch Cassidy I could post.

2 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Sigourney in her undies is an added bonus...

I watched Ghostbusters for the first time in awhile the other day. I forgot that:

1. She is the female lead

2. She's pretty hot in a lot of it

There's like a 5 minute scene where she's wearing just a towel. 

48 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

trollin' for rep....😆

Well, that describes this whole thread, yes.

Fact that it happened to be real doesn't change my opinion one whit.

Damn sight better than that stupid Rudy movie, too.

Also, you know I'm the guy with the 4THAND5 license plate. I'm staying true to brand, here.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Haha 1