We get the Winner: UVA and Colorado State - 8:10pm on truTV

I'm sure we got bumped to No.7 for the potential matchup with No.2 Tennessee. The committee had their pick. Guess they figured we already got belted once by Marquette so might as well let Tennessee have a crack. Both are flawed Nos.2, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

UVA can shoot the three though which is a huge weakness of ours. my initial hit reaction was that i’d rather face UVA just because i’ve had a resale crappy perception of them all year long while feeling the opposite about CSU (although they slid late), but after looking over both teams’ resumes more closely i don’t like the thought of facing a UVA team that can limit the possessions and that can hit from deep, not to mention the obvious coaching advantage. i think i’ll be rooting for CSU this tuesday.

Edited by shadow_operative

13 hours ago, MrX said:

Neither UVA nor CSU can rebound worth a shit which is what kills us. So if we play a little bit of defense I think we advance. 

i.e. They suck and we should win  convincingly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I'm sure we got bumped to No.7 for the potential matchup with No.2 Tennessee.

Hmmm. Not so sure about this. The committee would have LOVED to match us up as an 8 seed vs. Aggy as a 9 seed.  The fact that they didn't tells me we were very comfortably in the 7-seed or better range.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, HookEm said:

Hmmm. Not so sure about this. The committee would have LOVED to match us up as an 8 seed vs. Aggy as a 9 seed.  The fact that they didn't tells me we were very comfortably in the 7-seed or better range.

Yeah, they would have matched us with A&M, but the aggies just stole the Nebraska AD, so both the A&M and Husker men and women teams will face each other in the first round for drama.

That left Texas vs the Rickster for the story line for our game( If we both make it ), so they bumped us up to the 7.  We're not a 7.

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, TommysTinyTowels said:

Yeah, they would have matched us with A&M, but the aggies just stole the Nebraska AD, so both the A&M and Husker men and women teams will face each other in the first round for drama.

That left Texas vs the Rickster for the story line for our game( If we both make it ), so they bumped us up to the 7.  We're not a 7.

NCAA committee had us 27th. NET had us 30th.  7 wasn't extreme. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

NCAA committee had us 27th. NET had us 30th.  7 wasn't extreme. 

#27 in Kenpom, #30 in NET, #24 Massey, #29 in my EWP (not published)

We're not as good as we want to be but saying we don't deserve a 7 seed is silly. We are right in that range. 7/8 is exactly what we "deserve" based on our season. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We're not as good as we want to be but saying we don't deserve a 7 seed is silly. We are right in that range. 7/8 is exactly what we "deserve" based on our season. 

If you asked most of us Sunday morning what seed we were going to be, I think the vast majority would have said 8. So a one seed like deviationdoes not warrant an egregious “over seeded” complaint. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I actually thought we had an outside shot at a 6 if we had beaten KSU. I thought we were firmly in the 7 seed territory and when I saw TCU show up as a 9, I knew for sure we would be a 7. 

I think we would rather play Virginia.  Colorado State is a much more experienced team. 95% of their conference win shares come from seniors.  Are efficient scoring the ball, ranking 18th in FG% vs.  #257 for Virginia.  

CSU has beaten some good teams including:

• #11 Creighton by 20 points!  in Kansas City
  • #21 San Diego State by 8
  • #23 New Mexico by 8
  • #26 Colorado by 5

Virginia's best win was waaay back on November 11, beating #29 Florida by 3 in Charlotte.  Since then, they haven't beaten a single top-30 team.  The best they have done is beat #34 Clemson by 1.  They have seen a number of good teams, but the results have been ugly. They played UNC to within 10.  Duke blew them out. Virginia Tech blew them out.  Memphis blew them out.  Wisconsin blew them out. 

I wouldn't be surprised if CSU beats them by double digits tonight.

• Pancho changed the title to We get the Winner: UVA and Colorado State - 8:10pm on truTV

I really hope UVa doesn’t win and then beat UT.  I have several UT friends whose kids couldn’t get into UT but got into UVA.  Some of them, amazingly to me, will pull for UVa against their own school.  I’ll never understand it.

17 minutes ago, HouTex said:

I really hope UVa doesn’t win and then beat UT.  I have several UT friends whose kids couldn’t get into UT but got into UVA.

That seems a little surprising, to be honest, but UT has a way of fucking up admissions.

Some of them, amazingly to me, will pull for UVa against their own school.  I’ll never understand it.

Wait, the kids are pulling against UT or the parents?  I'd tell my kid "good luck" and then to pound sand for a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait, the kids are pulling against UT or the parents?  I'd tell my kid "good luck" and then to pound sand for a couple of hours.

Yea I’d tell my dumbass kids they should’ve studied harder if they wanted to root for the same basketball team

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

That seems a little surprising, to be honest, but UT has a way of fucking up admissions.

No, the parents that are UT exes.  Still pissed their kids didn’t get into UT.  

Pretty obvious foul on CSU's second possession--first defender was all over the offensive player, but instead of embellishing the contact, the offensive player waited for the defender to roll off him, which gave another defender time to adjust and block his shot.