Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

1. It's the biggest misundestanding BY FAR and you keep making the rookie mistake, but you are not alone, so find comfort in that. Oh my dear, it is ALL about geographic encroachment, not anti-semitism at all.

2. see#1 the continued encroachment is still the cause and in fact the 2 state solution is dead because the Jews don't want to fall back to "their" lands. 

Many of you have to discard this idea of "Jew hatred" , "antisemitism". It's absolutely ZERO. 

Let me dumb it down for you:  America did not fight Japan because of racial hatred of Asian people.  Make sense?  

You're bordering on disingenuous to the point of trolling. Hamas literally said it's their responsibility to kill jews everywhere in the world. It's in their fucking CHARTER. But yes, it's all geopolitical. Those videos of all the 8 year old palestinians claiming their only want in life is to grow up and slaughter jews...those vieos just cut off right after "Because of their geographical encroachment!" 

The Two State solution is dead because despite agreeing in 2007 among all the parties, no final agreement was reached, and then Hamas took control of Palestine and oh, put it in their charter to kill jews everywhere, and shit has progressively gotten worse. 

To say that Palestinians and many, many muslims, don't hate and flat out want to kill the Jewish people is fucking miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind blowing. It's in their charter, repeatedly:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Hamas_charter

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You're bordering on disingenuous to the point of trolling. Hamas literally said it's their responsibility to kill jews everywhere in the world. It's in their fucking CHARTER. But yes, it's all geopolitical. Those videos of all the 8 year old palestinians claiming their only want in life is to grow up and slaughter jews...those vieos just cut off right after "Because of their geographical encroachment!" 

The Two State solution is dead because despite agreeing in 2007 among all the parties, no final agreement was reached, and then Hamas took control of Palestine and oh, put it in their charter to kill jews everywhere, and shit has progressively gotten worse. 

To say that Palestinians and many, many muslims, don't hate and flat out want to kill the Jewish people is fucking miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind blowing. It's in their charter, repeatedly:

lolz, it's all about land and fighting the invading Zionists.  Simple really.  Yes, they hate Jews because of what they did to them , which btw is a lot worse than the relatively minor Pearl Harbor attack which cause massive hatred of the Japs.  

Jew hatred arises out of political events.  Jews are the enemy but they are not the enemy simply because they are Jews (your incorrect mindset). 

Jews are doing business in many Muslim lands and like I said even live in Iran.   You are a rookie but you have lots of company.  

Make Em Eat Taco Bell has achieved the rare feat of acting like a complete condescending prick while at the same time being completely wrong and tripling down on his ignorance. Fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Being pro Palestine is not being anti Israel. I do think that this was a poor judgement on all fronts. 

Columbia getting on the news for the wrong things is not good for all the other protests. It’s like BLM riots vs BLM protests. It all turned bad once the riots happened one place because inevitably everyone thinks it devolves to riot. 

UT students after getting not approved should have worked to get approval or put the shit on blast and do a PR campaign for free speech. 

Texas Admin fucked up for not approving a protest that seemed fine. 

State fucked up by sending in literally riot police. 

Texas president fucked up because he did nothing when he was supposed to be leading. 

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

lolz, it's all about land and fighting the invading Zionists.  Simple really.  Yes, they hate Jews because of what they did to them , which btw is a lot worse than the relatively minor Pearl Harbor attack which cause massive hatred of the Japs.  

Jew hatred arises out of political events.  Jews are the enemy but they are not the enemy simply because they are Jews (your incorrect mindset). 

Jews are doing business in many Muslim lands and like I said even live in Iran.   You are a rookie but you have lots of company.  

"jews hate arises out of political events." Well, I didn't have "political event" as a description of October 7th on my bingo card, but here we are...I'll ignore all the videos all over the internet of Palestinian children putting on plays heroicly depicting the muder of jews, and children saying they grow up with no other goal than to murder jews, becuase hey, I have an incorrect mindset and those must not be real.  

Oh, you live in Iran you say? Outside of my shock that you have regular access to a functioning internet that isn't massively controlled by the state, well, I guess your viewpoints make a lot more sense. 

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Make Em Eat Taco Bell has achieved the rare feat of acting like a complete condescending prick while at the same time being completely wrong and tripling down on his ignorance. Fascinating. 

i'm completely right.  Very few of you have the perspective of the Arab position, but stupidly blame anti-semitism which is wholly inaccurate. Hamas wasn't even formed until 1987 , previously Arafat was the ruler and still was until his death in 2005 , shortly thereafter Hamas took Gaza. It's NEVER been about anti-semitism . Never ever, yet rookies think I am making a mistake. Rookies have strength in numbers though, and this is one of the better political forums in the entire internet (I've been on about 75). Sad really. I made the same mistake when I was younger, the guilt shaming of so called "Jew hatred", but that does not exist in the classic anti-semitic form.

Yes, Arabs hate Jews, cannot be denied, but they don't hate Jews simply because they are Jews.  Turks and Kurds hate each other, again it's about territory.  It happens.  Don't read more into that, it's actually simple. 

22 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

you should know that charter was replaced

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

"jews hate arises out of political events." Well, I didn't have "political event" as a description of October 7th on my bingo card, but here we are...I'll ignore all the videos all over the internet of Palestinian children putting on plays heroicly depicting the muder of jews, and children saying they grow up with no other goal than to murder jews, becuase hey, I have an incorrect mindset and those must not be real.  

Oh, you live in Iran you say? Outside of my shock that you have regular access to a functioning internet that isn't massively controlled by the state, well, I guess your viewpoints make a lot more sense. 

hahaha, no I don't live in Iran.  Damn man you are so frothing with anger you can't read straight.  Pal kids do hate Israel because the the mass murder imposed on them , especially in Gaza from 1967-2005. Again it's political. After all the Jews are the enemy , not the Bhutanese tribal people, did you know that? 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Being pro Palestine is not being anti Israel. I do think that this was a poor judgement on all fronts. 

AGREED.

Columbia getting on the news for the wrong things is not good for all the other protests. It’s like BLM riots vs BLM protests. It all turned bad once the riots happened one place because inevitably everyone thinks it devolves to riot. 

MOSTLY AGREE, BUT THERE'S ALSO BEEN A LOT OF PRESSURE ON THE MEDIA TO PORTRAY PROTESTS IN THE WORST LIGHT - JUST LIKE BLM.

UT students after getting not approved should have worked to get approval or put the shit on blast and do a PR campaign for free speech. 

THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO GET APPROVAL.

Texas Admin fucked up for not approving a protest that seemed fine. 

ENTIRE UT SYSTEM IS UNDER TX GQP'S THUMB. SEE MY POST ABOVE WHERE FREE SPEECH ON PALESTINE @ UT-ARLINGTON AND UT-DALLAS IS ALSO GETTING STIFLED. SAME GOES FOR A PROF AT TECH GETTING CANNED.

State fucked up by sending in literally riot police. 

SENDING IN RIOT POLICE ISN'T A GLITCH. IT'S A FEATURE.

Texas president fucked up because he did nothing when he was supposed to be leading. 

LET'S WAIT & SEE IF HE LOSES HIS JOB OVER IT.

We really shouldn't look at yesterday's incident in a vacuum, nor should we see the general assault on Texas public and higher education as one, either.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

i'm completely right.  Very few of you have the perspective of the Arab position, but stupidly blame anti-semitism which is wholly inaccurate. Hamas wasn't even formed until 1987 , previously Arafat was the ruler and still was until his death in 2005 , shortly thereafter Hamas took Gaza. It's NEVER been about anti-semitism . Never ever, yet rookies think I am making a mistake. Rookies have strength in numbers though, and this is one of the better political forums in the entire internet (I've been on about 75). Sad really. I made the same mistake when I was younger, the guilt shaming of so called "Jew hatred", but that does not exist in the classic anti-semitic form.

Yes, Arabs hate Jews, cannot be denied, but they don't hate Jews simply because they are Jews.  Turks and Kurds hate each other, again it's about territory.  It happens.  Don't read more into that, it's actually simple. 

LOL, to act like there's ZERO antisemitism is an insane take.  But it's obvious you know more than all of us, so carry on...

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

you should know that charter was replaced

Yes. I'm aware they replaced that charter in 2017. To soften their public stance. Just like the Southern Strategy replaced the N word with "forced busing" and school choice. I guess based on that, you're right, there is no more racism in America. Becuase decades or centuries of resentment and hatred just evaporte once the formal rhetoric becomes just a bit lighter. Get the fucking fuck out of here. 

Yes. I'm aware they replaced that charter in 2017. To soften their public stance. Just like the Southern Strategy replaced the N word with "forced busing" and school choice. I guess based on that, you're right, there is no more racism in America. Becuase decades or centuries of resentment and hatred just evaporte once the formal rhetoric becomes just a bit lighter. Get the fucking fuck out of here. 

You were linking an old charter to make a libelous argument directed at all Palestinians, so GTFO.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Yes, Arabs hate Jews, cannot be denied, but they don't hate Jews simply because they are Jews.  

Does Hamas make each potential victim fill out a questionnaire with a family tree and a personal beliefs quiz before they decide to kill them? 

What the fuck point are you trying to make?  If a group of people indiscriminatingly hates another group of people, why does it matter where that hate originated?  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

You were linking an old charter to make a libelous argument directed at all Palestinians, so GTFO.

Fuck you, I did no such thing. I linked to the old charter which was riddled with anti-semtic language and mention of exterminating JEWS, not Israel, but Jews, a charter that was inacted when Hamas was elected in Palestine. I never attempted to made a "libelous" argument directed at all palestinians. I simply used their own document, which was enacted when Palestinians elected them as their ruling party, as evidence that just MAYBE there's a large segment of people for which their issues with Israel/Jews is a bit more than territorial. 

How is that in any way a libelous argument directed at ALL Palestinians. Go ahead, walk me through it. 

Also, I note that you have no response to the fact that "Oh, they wrote a new charter 10 years later, I'm sure there's no lingering hatred of Jews" point. I guess you do also believe there's no more racism in America, either, right?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I did no such thing.

Seriously? You're going to deny what you said?

What did you mean by "Palestinians and many, many muslims" then?

18 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I’m guessing that you’re bringing a lot firepower to this— ME professional with languages, credentials, time on the ground, professional or advance academic background as a regional expert, CT expert, historian, etc? 

Just now, chainsaw said:

Seriously? You're going to deny what you said?

What did you mean by "Palestinians and many, many muslims" then?

I meant that there is a GIANT FUCKING SEGMENT of those two groups that hate jews and want them dead, and it isn't because of land encroachment. It's holy. 

You're attempting to pounce on some lack of a specific percentage as some kind of gotcha. Many Palestinians, and many other muslims (which was meant to represent that exist in other countries outside Palestine) want to kill jews on general principle. 

I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if I made a statment like "Texas is full of Fascists." Which it is. But it doesn't mean everyone. Nor should my comments be read that way. Fuck the fuck off. 

4 minutes ago, Welshy said:

Looking for the UT-Abbot thread, wandered into the Trolling 101 thread. 

My apologies. I knew better when I started. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’m guessing that you’re bringing a lot firepower to this— ME professional with languages, credentials, time on the ground, professional or advance academic background as a regional expert, CT expert, historian, etc? 

or study for 40 years.  How about you?

Not to be the thread police or anything, but please take the Hamas/Israel argument shit to the Israel thread please.

Let's get some on-topic focus, maybe regarding what happened yesterday, Abbott's involvement, the GQP's ownership of Hartzell, and/or the UT System's regents. We could also view it through the prism of enshittifying higher education in Texas, much like its K-12 schools.

I don't want to slog through that whole debate about antisemitism versus islamophobia again. I honestly think that's incidental to what the fuck is acutally going on.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I meant that there is a GIANT FUCKING SEGMENT of those two groups that hate jews and want them dead, and it isn't because of land encroachment. It's holy. 

You're attempting to pounce on some lack of a specific percentage as some kind of gotcha. Many Palestinians, and many other muslims (which was meant to represent that exist in other countries outside Palestine) want to kill jews on general principle. 

I doubt you'd be saying the same thing if I made a statment like "Texas is full of Fascists." Which it is. But it doesn't mean everyone. Nor should my comments be read that way. Fuck the fuck off. 

My apologies. I knew better when I started. 

Let's go over your rookie mistakes

1. I am not in Iran

2. Jews are the enemy but they are not the enemy because they are Jews

3. antisemitism isn't the root cause of this entire conflict

4. rookies think I'm trolling, because they are woefully ignorant of the basics, the truth comes as a shock to them. They have to think over their entire knowledge which is based on incorrect presumptions. 

5. no, Muslims do not want to kill Jews on "general principle" .  Guess what? they lived together for centuries without this animosity until Zionism showed up. 

You really don't know anything at all, but I am here to help you in this journey.

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Does Hamas make each potential victim fill out a questionnaire with a family tree and a personal beliefs quiz before they decide to kill them? 

What the fuck point are you trying to make?  If a group of people indiscriminatingly hates another group of people, why does it matter where that hate originated?  

the argument is that Hamas wants to kill Jews because and only because Hamas is antisemitic. This is incorrect and by far the biggest misconception of the Arab-Israel conflict, by far #1.  Hamas is basically the remnants of the 1948 Arab ideology of wiping Israel off the map, but keep in mind that was from non-Islamist regimes bordering Israel, in fact Egypt/Syria were under Soviet Influence, Jordan was monarchy. It's not based on anti-semitism or even Islamic fundamentalism why Arabs hate/kill Jews.  It's simply because Jews are the enemy. Not too hard is it?

5. no, Muslims do not want to kill Jews on "general principle" .  Guess what? they lived together for centuries without this animosity until Zionism showed up. 

You really don't know anything at all, but I am here to help you in this journey.

This is the point so many people in the US struggle with when it comes to just about any conflict in the Middle East, i.e., "it don't matter, they've been killing each other for centuries!"

It's also probably worth mentioning that the Jewish people that co-existed with their Muslim (and Christian) neighbors prior to the establishment of Israel are not the same people that make up the majority of current day Israelis.  Israel is a settler colony, not a resettlement of an indigenous population.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

This is the point so many people in the US struggle with when it comes to just about any conflict in the Middle East, i.e., "it don't matter, they've been killing each other for centuries!"

It's also probably worth mentioning that the Jewish people that co-existed with their Muslim (and Christian) neighbors prior to the establishment of Israel are not the same people that make up the majority of current day Israelis.  Israel is a settler colony, not a resettlement of an indigenous population.

The largest sub-group of Jews in Israel are the Mizrahi Jews— ie, Jews from the Middle East.  And then of course there’s all sorts of intermarriage. 

Keep going, all the experts are doing great here! 

After more than 50 arrests were made at a pro-Palestinian protest at the University of Texas on Wednesday, professors joined students for another walkout and protest Thursday.

The Palestine Solidarity Committee, the registered student organization and chapter of Students for Justice at Palestine, organized Wednesday's walkout and intent to take over the South Lawn by the UT Tower. They were immediately met by local police and Texas Department of Public Safety troopers. The state agency said in a post on X, formerly Twitter, that it had responded to the campus at the request of the university and the direction of Gov. Greg Abbott.

Fifty-seven people were booked into the Travis County Jail in connection to the protest, Travis County sheriff's office spokesperson Kristen Dark said Thursday morning.

All have had their charges disposed, Dark said, but it was unclear how many people had been released from the jail as of Thursday morning.

UT says almost 26 people who were arrested Wednesday were not affiliated with university

In a statement shared by UT spokesperson Brian Davis, the university said 26 of the 55 people "who violated Institutional Rules and were ultimately arrested" during Wednesday's protest were not affiliated with UT. The statement also criticized the nature of the protest, saying it "sought to follow the playbook of the national campaign to paralyze the operations of universities across the country."

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/education/2024/04/25/ut-austin-professors-students-pro-palestinian-protest-campus-live-updates/73450483007/

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The largest sub-group of Jews in Israel are the Mizrahi Jews— ie, Jews from the Middle East.  And then of course there’s all sorts of intermarriage. 

of course the creators of Zionism, European Ashkenazi Jews, formed Israel and are still the dominant political force (see Netanyahu's family).  The Sephardic / Mizrahi arrived much later, as did the Ethiopian Jews. 

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

It really is dumb as hell to type something out like “the minor Pearl Harbor attack.”  That type of attack on a fleet would likely result in a nuclear strike from the United States or China if the equivalent happened today. 

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

It really is dumb as hell to type something out like “the minor Pearl Harbor attack.”  That type of attack on a fleet would likely result in a nuclear strike from the United States or China if the equivalent happened today. 

or 2 atomic bombs murdering over 100,000 innocent civilians. 

of course the creators of Zionism, European Ashkenazi Jews, formed Israel and are still the dominant political force (see Netanyahu's family).  The Sephardic / Mizrahi arrived much later, as did the Ethiopian Jews. 

Why did all the Mizrahi go there? 

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This convo and prior posts on the topic got moved into this thread by @immamac

The UT-Abbott thread was merged into the Abbott being Abbott thread, which is here. But the Israel/Hamas debate ain't about Abbott and UT.

There have been a few comments about y'all going on about this here:

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Mizrahi are a simple majority but they certainly haven't been the leaders and decision makers that have shaped and guided the Israeli state throughout it's history.

I was thinking about Abbott and his governing style. At one point, I do think that Abbott had the ability to search for some consensus and/or find nuanced solutions. However he's completely pivoted to hammering home whatever his extreme supporters want. They don't want (new) Mexicans in the state, he sends state military to the border. They want vouchers, he's actively purging the GOP of non-voucher supporting politicians. UT has people/students protesting Israel, send in the riot police.

Perhaps his governing policy was like this earlier than I imagine, but Jade Helm 15 really sent him over the deep end. Whether Abbott believed in the conspiracy theories or not, he then realized the benefits of pandering to the far right.

IF Abbott decided to find a softer touch or look for consensus before acting, I have to assume that his base would turn against him for being weak. He's now set a course and cannot pivot for any issue.