Texas @ OU Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Wasn't the Sunday U-Dub game cut short due to a weather delay and travel?  

Yes, they called it in the bottom of the 8th.  Slightly more understandable given the distance they had to travel and like UT, UW student-athletes attend real classes and do real work.  And I think there's still some leeway for a Sunday non-conf. game.  But they also had the advantage of picking up two hours on the way home and not being on the brink of final exams.  This is the now 9 hours on getaway day, of a game that's already gone well past 7 innings, in conference play, and while we're not exactly heading all the way to Seattle, it ain't exactly a 45-minute commute home either.  somebody should have made a call already.  Big XII should just end this fucking thing and let's move on.  But I'm sure it's some beef they have with both teams.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

A lot of people have written this team off and I do not blame them…..however…….they have won 6 out of 7 Big XII series so far and that is impressive no matter how ugly it has been.

If we had wins against A&M Corpus and UTRGV, the outlook would look pretty different. Just those two games alone.

It's what makes this season all the more frustrating. We see flashes and oftentimes it is after we backed ourselves into a corner.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we had wins against A&M Corpus and UTRGV, the outlook would look pretty different. Just those two games alone.

It's what makes this season all the more frustrating. We see flashes and oftentimes it is after we backed ourselves into a corner.

True, but at least they seem to respond well.

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Oftentimes?

More like every fucking weekend.

• Hook 'Em 1

Nice series win.  Who is the f....ing travel planner here?  Why is this team taking a 6 hr bus ride home after a Sunday DH that doesn't until after 9pm?  I know it's been an underwhelming season but really....Texas not using an air charter flight on more than a 4hr drive.  Come on CDC this is not the way it's done in the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Better than last week. Keep doing what we are doing for the next 3 weeks and we might sneak into a Championship and 2 seed.

What we have "been doing" is losing mid-week games and going 2-1 on the weekend. I don't think .500 baseball is going to get us to a #2.

Edited by TrashMaster G

8 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

At least SHSU is our final scheduled Tuesday game of the year 

That's the good news.  Bad news is May weather in Florida is very unpredictable.  We'll be playing a triple-header that Sunday and coming home by ship.  

• Haha 2