You say you want a revolution...Congo style

DixonHur

Former Congo refugee come Utah car dealer takes his son and a couple other Americans (including a cannabis dealer from Maryland) to launch a coup attempt in the Congo.  Things went about as well as you'd have expected.

DR Congo coup: US-Congolese father is killed as his son begs for his life after leading bungled bid to overthrow government as video shows moment they are captured | Daily Mail Online

image.thumb.png.0bd16736f0702d99141828083cae1d87.png

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 7

27 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Former Congo refugee come Utah car dealer takes his son and a couple other Americans (including a cannabis dealer from Maryland) to launch a coup attempt in the Congo.  Things went about as well as you'd have expected.

DR Congo coup: US-Congolese father is killed as his son begs for his life after leading bungled bid to overthrow government as video shows moment they are captured | Daily Mail Online

So....will his dealership still service my vehicle, or, ummm, do I need to look elsewhere for my warranty service needs?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I may not be a well-versed as others on global affairs, but I'm wondering why a Utah car dealer gives two shits about the Congo.  I mean, the Congo?  Really?

Here's a hint: he wasn't born an American citizen.

Just now, Samson's Wig said:

Here's a hint: he wasn't born an American citizen.

Let me re-state:  I may not be a well-versed as others on global affairs, but I'm wondering why a Utah car dealer anyone gives two shits about the Congo.  I mean, the Congo?  Really?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I may not be a well-versed as others on global affairs, but I'm wondering why a Utah car dealer gives two shits about the Congo.  I mean, the Congo?  Really?

33 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ummm.. it's a pretty complex item.

• Haha 1

Just now, South Austin said:

Let me re-state:  I may not be a well-versed as others on global affairs, but I'm wondering why a Utah car dealer anyone gives two shits about the Congo.  I mean, the Congo?  Really?

Well, when you put it that way . . .

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I get the car dealer, somewhat. He is former Congolese military and probably was delusional thinking he could run the place.

The white cannabis dealer is the one that baffles me.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, South Austin said:

They’re currently fighting a civil war. Upon further reading, it sounds like the US-based politician that was killed attempted a similar style coup back in 2017 that failed. 

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

I get the car dealer, somewhat. He is former Congolese military and probably was delusional thinking he could run the place.

Here is what I do know for sure. I look forward to when this is made into a film and I truly hope Jamie Foxx plays the lead with Jesse Plemons playing the cannabis dealer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

200.gif

• Haha 2

'Around 50, including three American citizens - were arrested and are currently undergoing interrogation by the specialized services of the Armed Forces,' Ekenge told Reuters.

Local media were quick to suggest a CIA plot to seize control of the mineral rich nation of 100 million people.

But there were fewer than 100 men in evidence as the heavily armed group announced the coup was underway in a message on Facebook.

What the fucking fuck? Anyone paying attention knows you gotta lead with a few dance routines on the tik tok if you want to get the people behind your cause. F'n Facebook? Never stood a chance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Dear Blessed,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to extend a very special invitation to you, one that could change your life forever.

As you may be aware, Nigeria Congo is a country of immense wealth and prosperity, and I am proud to say that I am a prince of this great nation. Recently, I have come into possession of a fortune worth $100,000 $24 Trillion, and I would like to extend an invitation to you to share in this wealth.

I believe that with your hard work and determination, you have the potential to turn this fortune into something truly great. Whether you want to start a business, invest in property, or simply enjoy a life of luxury, this money is yours for the taking.

So if you are interested in joining me on this incredible journey, please do not hesitate to reply to this letter. I would be honored to have you by my side as we embark on this new chapter together.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 6

Just now, Blotto said:

Dear Blessed,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to extend a very special invitation to you, one that could change your life forever.

As you may be aware, Nigeria Congo is a country of immense wealth and prosperity, and I am proud to say that I am a prince of this great nation. Recently, I have come into possession of a fortune worth $100,000 $34 Trillion, and I would like to extend an invitation to you to share in this wealth.

I believe that with your hard work and determination, you have the potential to turn this fortune into something truly great. Whether you want to start a business, invest in property, or simply enjoy a life of luxury, this money is yours for the taking.

So if you are interested in joining me on this incredible journey, please do not hesitate to reply to this letter. I would be honored to have you by my side as we embark on this new chapter together.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952vp9o84myl1b2577jkpl

Posted (edited)

so a used car dealership run by a guy named Otto, just happened to employ some people who attempted to acquire the Congo for their own gains.  Almost line for line the script from a simulation show called Mister Robot.  But we don't live inside a simulation?  and in fucking Utah?  And oh yeah, they seat their plan into motion on 5/9.    Is anybody even trying anymore?  This is getting sad at this point.  

Edited by YGIFS

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

so a used car dealership run by a guy named Otto, just happened to employ some people who attempted to acquire the Congo for their own gains.  Almost line for line the script from a simulation show called Mister Robot.  But we don't live inside a simulation?  and in fucking Utah?  And oh yeah, they seat their plan into motion on 5/9.    Is anybody even trying anymore?  This is getting sad at this point.  

And you thought Hollywood was running out of original ideas...

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

very surprising two dudes from utah weren't able to overthrow a government of a country of 100MM people.

Breaking:  The Congolese government just released the following image from right before the attempted coup.

image.png.04cc041b56355fa647fa9ebdc8370a42.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Apparently, Congo has massive reserves of these:

hqdefault.jpg

They're competing with Elmo for world vehicle domination, with very different tactics.

Conga line or Musk oil, pick your poison, we are all hosed.

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

Well, the Congo's rainforest is larger than the state of Alaska and second only to the Amazon.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Coltan is the source of the rare earth minerals niobium and tantalum used in electronics

From the first search result: "Niobium is a lustrous, ductile metal."

I mean....when you describe it like that....

thats-hot-omfg.gif

12 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Coltan is the source of the rare earth minerals niobium and tantalum used in electronics

Also, "Coltan" is the name of some Karen's kid who she totally thinks should start at first base this season, but his only qualifications for any endeavor are having a mullet and using racial slurs at a surprisingly early age.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, "Coltan" is the name of some Karen's kid who she totally thinks should start at first base this season, but his only qualifications for any endeavor are having a mullet and using racial slurs at a surprisingly early age.

I'm gonna start calling my friends asshole kid, Coltan.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

you skim trillions while selling the rest to china 

I'd be down for skimming trillions.

First thing I would buy is Twitter and rebrand it as ShaggyBevo.

I would heavily invest in NIL deals to make sure aggy never recruits anyone over 2 stars.

Finally,  I would funnel money to small FCS football programs to buyout the HC from aggy every year.

• Haha 7