Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

12 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

You're welcome to believe whatever you'd like. I'm just pointing out that this is essentially one person's word against another's, and one person stands to gain from it.

Then why did Urban Meyer fire him last week?

7 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I guess Courtney Smith is also a skilled copywriter and graphic designer, creating fake text messages where Zach Smith was threatening to kill her. Could it happen like that and Zach Smith is just a misunderstood quality human with a mega-cunt ex-wife? Yes. Could it also be possible that Zach Smith is a garbage human being hiding behind his grandaddy's legacy and deserves all the shit that is coming to him? Yes. I am leaning with the latter.

Do you have links to those? I haven't seen them, only read them on McMurphy's FB page

• Fuck You 7

17 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

there is no way he survives this. nor should he, nor should any coach on that staff that knew and did nothing. what a shitshow.

and i will never understand fans who rationalize shit. if it was happening at bellmont, i would be there with the torches ready to burn everything down. it's up to ohio state alumni to police their own program out of respect for the university itself. holy shit, where's the tylenol?

Those wins though

10 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Do you have links to those? I haven't seen them, only read them on McMurphy's FB page

There's pictures of the injuries and text messages on McMurphy's facebook page.  Are you saying McMurphy photoshopped them?

25 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

You're welcome to believe whatever you'd like. I'm just pointing out that this is essentially one person's word against another's, and one person stands to gain from it.

So, genius, why did Urban fire the guy a couple of weeks ago and bring more focus on something that happened years ago if it really is just he-said, she-said?  How does that make any sense?

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, genius, why did Urban fire the guy a couple of weeks ago and bring more focus on something that happened years ago if it really is just he-said, she-said?  How does that make any sense?

maybe because of this...

May 12: Zach Smith charged with criminal trespassing, according to the Powell Police Department. Smith admitted to police his pulled up to his ex-wife's residence despite Courtney Smith pleading with him not to show up. 

July 20: Reported first by Brett McMurphy three days after the filing, Zach Smith has a domestic civil order filed against him by Courtney Smith.

July 23: Zach Smith fired after being charged with a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing due to an incident involving his ex-wife. Smith was arrested for aggravated battery for allegedly grabbing or pushing Courtney when she was pregnant, but charges weren't filed.

35 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

He WAS arrested. Does that not compute in that piece of shit brain of yours?

Zach once told me,” said Courtney, “if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”

4 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I mentioned this as a possible reason he's still around. He knows where all the UF and tOSU dirt is.

Also sounds like the words of an unhinged, narcissistic serial abuser exhibiting coercive/controlling behavior. May not be much more there than an empty threat used to control Courtney.

Granted, not a lot of details out there, but it sure sounds like Zach Smith is a piece of shit who got away with abuse for almost a decade.

42 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Do you really believe that Courtney Smith has something to gain in all of this?  Assistant coaches at P5 schools make a lot of money, and her ex-husband is now un-employable so forget whatever alimony/child support she can get.  If it was money she was after, she would have kept her mouth shut.  I guess she is banking on the Lifetime network to option her story for a movie.

13 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Do you really believe that Courtney Smith has something to gain in all of this?  Assistant coaches at P5 schools make a lot of money, and her ex-husband is now un-employable so forget whatever alimony/child support she can get.  If it was money she was after, she would have kept her mouth shut.  I guess she is banking on the Lifetime network to option her story for a movie.

Let's not forget all the mouth-breathing idiots in Colombus who will be threatening her and blaming her for fucking up their football program. Sounds great. 

21 hours ago, Clob94 said:

Given the fact that incident one happened in 2009, any staff member with urban and this dude could have been privy to it all the way up to 2015. 

We have two former members of that staff in our employment. What if one or both of their wives were privy?

What do restrooms have to do with any of this?

From Jeff Howe:

Herman on the Urban Meyer stuff at Ohio State:

— He left after the 2014 season

— "The things that occurred, to my knowledge, happened in late 2015"

— He doesn't think it would be fair to comment on things that happened while he wasn't there

1 hour ago, Disco Missile said:

That police report has been updated. Apparently he was not arrested as initial reports indicated.

He was arrested in 2009 based on statements made by Courtney, but the charges were dropped.
Prosecutors rarely drop DV charges even when victims request because they take them seriously.

Reference: https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/1578125

Hey dead horse killer..  shit never went thru due to grandpa Earle & the Urbs pulling the strings.

And guess what?  Zach never stopped beatin the weak, Earle kicked it & Urb choked on a narcissistic penile reminder that good eventually trumps evil.

@whoever is saying it's made up

There is a ton of stuff that hasn't been released to the public. 

Zach Smith has never been convicted has never been convicted because he has never been tried because she dropped the charges.

But Courtney Smith does have enough evidence to get a protective order and the divorce in 2015. 

I'm all for withholding judgement and innocent until proven guilty, but Zach Smith doesn't really have much as far as defense goes. It's a bit more than just he said she said at this point. He's been arrested a couple times, there are 9 police reports over an extended period of time, Courtney Smith didn't start all the public drama, and she really doesn't have much to gain from it. This is the result of good reporting on Brett McMurphy's part, not some plot to ruin Zach Smith's career. 

I think Shelley Meyer's text that she's scared of Smith is a bit harrowing. 

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

there is no way he survives this. nor should he, nor should any coach on that staff that knew and did nothing. what a shitshow.

and i will never understand fans who rationalize shit. if it was happening at bellmont, i would be there with the torches ready to burn everything down. it's up to ohio state alumni to police their own program out of respect for the university itself. holy shit, where's the tylenol?

the only coaches who should have done anything are ones that are required to by their contract. Urban was required. an honest question. what do you believe assistant coaches should do about something like this when their head coach knows about it and the police know about it?

I know this is going to sound shocking to Domestic Abuse Apologists, but sometimes the priority of the victim is to GTFO and MOVE ON. Especially if the abuser is a high-profile person. The fact that Zach FuckSmith hasn't been thrown in jail doesn't mean he's innocent. It likely means that he had such a mental hold on Courtney that she prioritized her safety (and likely the safety of her kids) over getting him arrested. FWIW, this happens in more cases than not.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

Yep.  Yahoo seems to corroborate that timeline.  Most went down after October 2015 when Herman was out of dodge.  

Bomc at it again.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/new-documents-detail-timeline-zach-smiths-alleged-abuse-235056848.html

When did Beck and Drayton work there? I am not wishing ill will on either, but it is potentially an important question.

6 minutes ago, po elvis said:

the only coaches who should have done anything are ones that are required to by their contract. Urban was required. an honest question. what do you believe assistant coaches should do about something like this when their head coach knows about it and the police know about it?

Fuck yeah, I do. They should have spoken up. How would you feel if this was your daughter?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

have some personal integrity, and refuse to work on a staff with a wife beater.

does that mean resign? maybe. does that mean make a stink with the head coach to make sure it's reported properly, so that you don't have to work on a staff with a wife beater? maybe. 

but maybe don't knowingly associate yourself with a piece of shit human being. in the end, you are essentially enabling that behavior. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

does that mean resign? maybe. does that mean make a stink with the head coach to make sure it's reported properly, so that you don't have to work on a staff with a wife beater? maybe. 

but maybe don't knowingly associate yourself with a piece of shit human being. in the end, you are essentially enabling that behavior. 

So you quit your job if a coworker skates on charges and isn't fired?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

... Urb choked on a narcissistic penile reminder that good eventually trumps evil.

narcissistic penile reminders is a damned fine name for a band. Mind you, I still prefer Cunt Magnets - short, but mysteriously powerful. By contrast, narcissistic penile reminders has far too many syllables. Cunt Magnets too strong - and more memorable than a mere reminder.

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the poet Maynard James Keenan eloquently explained this when he said (I'm paraphrasing)

All you know about me is what i sold you, dumb fuck

I sold out long before you ever heard my name 

I sold my soul to coach football, dipshit, and you bought it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LTbear said:

Is it legal to use stuff he recorded without the players' ok?

If any of those took place in Florida and they didn't get the player's ok, it's illegal to release the recordings. Florida is a 2 party state 

Edited by TBGFL
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

If any of those took place in Florida and they didn't get the player's ok, it's illegal to release the recordings. Florida is a 2 party state 

Well in at least one of the videos, the player was sitting in front of a big ass microphone...  some of the other recordings seemed shady AF. 

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Obviously he never thought it would come to this, but why cover up for a WR coach?  He could have just fired him, hired another guy, and continued on with his morality illusion.  Probably would have given more credence to his bullshit value chart. 

Recruiting rainmaker. I can also see Urb’s ego saying “I’m Urb, and if I say the guy is fine and I can control him, then that’s that.”

But I agree with you totally. Monumentally stupid and out of touch, particularly in the direct aftermath of PSU and then Baylor. 

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games