Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

22 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

You can be a non-idiot and still fuck up an answer to a question - especially one that is confusing and very sensitive.  It's not binary.

He did not just stumble through the question. He acted incredulous at even the thought that he knew about it. He flat out lied, repeatedly and anyone with any kind of impartiality can see that. 

• Like 1

Not at all. I agree with you 100%.  I don't know why he didn't just come clean about the whole thing in the first place.
Maybe because he figured there would be some complete fools on the internet who would defend him with obfuscations and pathetic attempts at semantic arguments.

Can't say he was wrong if that's what he was thinking.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You mean like he was perfectly comfortable doing a couple days later? Lolz. Youve got a lot of “i dont know why” and “i dont understand why” comments on this thread for someone trying to defend meyer’s honor and explain away his actions. Ironically urban would have been better off at media days if hed employed the Ojo Defense.

He was kind of forced to at that point.  The situation changed when it blew up in the media.

I'm just trying to discuss this and figure it out just like everyone else.  I don't have all of the facts and behind the scenes information.  I'm not claiming to know the truth.  I'm trying to say that there is another interpretation of all of this, which is also backed up by the known facts.

• Fuck You 13

19 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I'm getting negged or whatever, but that's mostly because people don't agree with my opinions or my position that Urban Meyer is not a piece of shit.  That doesn't make me wrong.  Again, he was asked about Zach Smith multiple times, but it wasn't clear-cut questions like, "Did you know before last night about the 2015 incident involving Zach Smith and his wife?" To which he answered, "No."  I only saw one outright false statement/lie and that was when he said that he learned for the first time of the 2015 incident the night before.

I already gave you an excerpt from a SI article detailing the situation, yet you apparently want to ignore.  Again, after lying about it the first time with assembled media, he was give the opportunity to clarify or restate his account of the situation and he doubled down on the lie..... This wasn't a mistake in answering.  He had time to compose himself and given a honest and credible account of the situation later in the day.... he chose.... poorly.  You continue to double down that he's incompetent but it was an innocent mistake.... it wasn't.  It was intentional, he simply thought he'd be able to float above it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Maybe because he figured there would be some complete fools on the internet who would defend him with obfuscations and pathetic attempts at semantic arguments.

Can't say he was wrong if that's what he was thinking.

Or maybe he lied because he knew that admitting that he was trying to help someone he cared about and believed in who was accused of domestic violence would be interpreted by the mob as condoning spousal abuse.  Just as you are saying I am bearing out one side you are bearing out the other.

• Fuck You 12

22 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

He was kind of forced to at that point.  The situation changed when it blew up in the media.

I'm just trying to discuss this and figure it out just like everyone else.  I don't have all of the facts and behind the scenes information.  I'm not claiming to know the truth.  I'm trying to say that there is another interpretation of all of this, which is also backed up by the known facts.

You dont know anything but you know for sure, without any facts that it’s not as it appears. 

Have you any concept how pathetically weak your argument is? 

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I already gave you an excerpt from a SI article detailing the situation, yet you apparently want to ignore.  Again, after lying about it the first time with assembled media, he was give the opportunity to clarify or restate his account of the situation and he doubled down on the lie..... This wasn't a mistake in answering.  He had time to compose himself and given a honest and credible account of the situation later in the day.... he chose.... poorly.  You continue to double down that he's incompetent but it was an innocent mistake.... it wasn't.  It was intentional, he simply thought he'd be able to float above it.

You're right.  He had the opportunity to correct it at the later meeting with the reporter and he didn't and he should have.  What a tangled web we weave. I still think that the first answer he just fucked it up.  Then he was stuck.  I have never contended that what he said about his knowledge of the 2015 incident was not untrue.  He may have done it intentionally and if so then he lied.  All it takes to bring a guy down who has done as much as he has is one lie about an allegation made against one of your coaches?  Maybe I'm morally compromised, but I just don't think what he did is that bad.

• Fuck You 16

20 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

You're right.  He had the opportunity to correct it at the later meeting with the reporter and he didn't and he should have.  What a tangled web we weave. I still think that the first answer he just fucked it up.  Then he was stuck.  I have never contended that what he said about his knowledge of the 2015 incident was not untrue.  He may have done it intentionally and if so then he lied.  All it takes to bring a guy down who has done as much as he has is one lie about an allegation made against one of your coaches?  Maybe I'm morally compromised, but I just don't think what he did is that bad.

Maybe you missed the point about hiring and retaining a piece of trash human being as being the real issue people have. The lie is just the salt in the wound. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Or maybe he lied because he knew that admitting that he was trying to help someone he cared about and believed in who was accused of domestic violence would be interpreted by the mob as condoning spousal abuse.  Just as you are saying I am bearing out one side you are bearing out the other.

Except for the fact that he already said he tried to help him and his wife during the 2009 incident in the same breath. 

34 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

I'm a stubborn fellow. I admit it quite honestly. But man, you are nearing China with how furiously you are digging that hole.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Maybe you missed the point about hiring and retaining a piece of trash human being as being the real issue people have. The lie is just the salt in the wound. 

If Urban Meyer retained a coach he knew was a wife beater on his staff because he was Earle Bruce's grandson or because he was a really good recruiter or for any reason whatsoever then he should be fired.  No question.  Everyone was jumping on him over the lie, which is what I was saying wasn't that big of a deal.  I think you may have just agreed.  That he didn't tell the truth is clear. 

I think it remains to be seen what went on between the Smiths, whether Zach Smith is in fact a wife beater and exactly what Urban Meyer knew and what he did about it.  I'm willing to wait to condemn the man until those facts come out.

• Fuck You 17

8 hours ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

That is not how the law works in regards to the charges on Zach Smith. A cop has no legal right to tell anyone they can't go to someone's home/business, unless the home/business owner request the police to do so. Well I guess they could, but it would not result in a criminal trespass arrest/summons. The angry police officer would have to find something else to arrest them for. It's cool you are trying to buy points with your "police power trip" rant, but this isn't the bernard forum from the Shaggy days. Nobody gives a shit about your opinion about police on this matter. It's irrelevant to the story. 

Also, show me the court order that says he can only drop the kids off at the house and I'll admit you are correct. If that language is not there, you are throwing a big old fat red herring to explain away the unexplainable. If Courtney says she doesn't want Zach at her home, has the police advise this in writing, and he shows up anyway, he broke the law. Plain and simple. You can disagree with her decision to tell him not to come, but that really doesn't matter does it? Courtney has the absolute right to feel secure in her home and not be hassled by someone she is afraid of. It doesn't matter that she fucked up and had kids with the person. That doesn't give the father of the kid free access to her property against her will. 

You are coming off like a real asshole who likes to victim blame over fucking sports. At the end of the day, sports are just entertainment. It's nonsensical to automatically assume Courtney is full of shit because some Ohio St homer blogger got her estranged mother to go on record. McMurphy has shown hard evidence, the other side has just shown personal attacks on the victim. You tell me which one is usually on the right side things when it all plays out. 

Not to mention the restraining order issued against Smith prior to the criminal trespassing charge.  sounds like he not only broke the law but was given lienency with just a warning/citation.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

So he did knowingly employ someone who beat his wife then, correct? Or are we still to believe she but her own hand with a dip can, strangled her own neck, and bruised her own arms. Most certainly she convinced a judge to grant her a protective order based on 100% fabricated information and lies (or not giving the right answer as you like to call it).

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Poor Urban. Urban the Sacrificial. Urban the loving subordinate employee. Urban the Victim. Right.

Urban Meyer is under fire and in danger of losing his job in part because he's a fucking liar. More importantly, however, is the fact that he's under fire and in danger of losing his job because he's led a cover-up and enabled the continued abuse of a victim by a buddy and employee on his staff. He might actually keep his job if he's able to get away with all of the equivocating and obfuscating he and his camp have been a part of since the news broke, not in a dissimilar fashion the equivocating and obfuscating you've twisted yourself into knots performing over the past 3 pages of this thread. 

I'm going to go through and neg as many of your posts as I can. I want to be clear with the facts before you bend them in some other manner, though. I'm going to go and do that in the hopes that enough other people also do it and that it winds up leading to you being banned. It's not because I disagree with your "opinion". It's because it looks as though you're one of the many mouthbreathers who are choosing to do what's convenient and aligned with your personal needs and wants, rather than finding and living by the courage of your convictions. Rape apologists. Pedophilia apologists. Wife-beater apologists. You fucking people are all the same and you're all pathetic. 

Wow.  I'm not sure what I expected - this is the remnant of Shaggy after all.  I have an unpopular view of this Urban Meyer situation, that's my crime.  I think you, and a lot of other people, are willing to accept certain things that have been reported as fact.  My threshold is higher, I guess.  I'm no kind of apologist, but I am partial to the truth.

• Fuck You 24

5 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Here's my worthless take:  Meyer wasn't properly prepared for the press conference and he made a mistake by lying.  He appeared to be genuinely caught off guard by the question, but he shouldn't have been.  This goes to he lack of preparation.  That said, I consider the infraction - getting an answer wrong in a press conference - minor.  The mob mentality wants to pin the guy as favoring his wife-beating assistant coach over condemning domestic violence, but that's not what this is.  There's too much mob-mentality BS going on today.  I'd like to see the tide turn on that and maybe this will be the case.  If he gets fired over this I think it will be a case of tOSU catering to the mob mentality and making a PR move.  The punishment will far outweigh the crime.  A lot of people will be hurt by it, including the university and everyone associated with it; a lot of innocent people.

In a vacuum, hiring a shitbag when you have a lot of employees is easily excusable.   You can't know everything about everyone.   

Hiring a shitbag, keeping him on because of mentor/recruiting/winning, and then hiring him again for a total of 11 years... that a lot more questionable coincidence   

Also hiring the Durkins, schianos, wilsons of the world looks a lot more like a trend.   

Dude has a broken moral compass if it ever existed at all, and that why a respectable institution would distance theirselves, not because of "mob mentality".   But this is tOSU up in the land of rape, diddle and abuse, so nothing would surprise me as to the outcome.  If it was 2006 and he was coaching us to MNCs here I would want the motherfucker fired.  Easy to take the moral high ground when your team sucks?   nope, just trying to be a decent person and expecting the same from others.  

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

If you want to know why you're getting negged, take a look a the highlighted bit right there. This is tantamount to saying that the only thing Urban Meyer did wrong is get caught, that everything would've been fine if not for those meddling kids. That it's OK to do bad things if you don't get caught in the act of doing them.

What we're saying is that nothing changed. If Urban Meyer knew what the evidence so far says he knew and did as little as he says he did (either way), then he was a piece of shit long before the media exposed him for being a piece of shit. That he should've done the right thing before anyone found out about it.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Wow.  I'm not sure what I expected - this is the remnant of Shaggy after all.  I have an unpopular view of this Urban Meyer situation, that's my crime.  I think you, and a lot of other people, are willing to accept certain things that have been reported as fact.  My threshold is higher, I guess.  I'm no kind of apologist, but I am partial to the truth.

Yes, acting as an apologist for someone who covered up a wife-beater would definitely count as an "unpopular opinion."

Other things Ojo Rojo thinks are "unpopular views":

• Hitler did nothing wrong
  • Donald Sterling was just joshin', ya know?
  • People who contract AIDS deserved that shit
  • Haha 1

I think we are complicating this.   

Urban knew about the beatings in 2009.   He hired him again in 2012.  Probably deapite major concerns from other higher ups.   He assured them no more issues.   

Then police calls come in 2012.    DUI in 2013.   Police reports in 2015. 

If urban admits issues.  He appears the fool for hiring him to begin with.  The small lie keeps growing and he keeps digging a deeper grave.  

I still can’t see how urban survives this. 

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

If Urban Meyer retained a coach he knew was a wife beater on his staff because he was Earle Bruce's grandson or because he was a really good recruiter or for any reason whatsoever then he should be fired.  No question.  Everyone was jumping on him over the lie, which is what I was saying wasn't that big of a deal.  I think you may have just agreed.  That he didn't tell the truth is clear. 

I think it remains to be seen what went on between the Smiths, whether Zach Smith is in fact a wife beater and exactly what Urban Meyer knew and what he did about it.  I'm willing to wait to condemn the man until those facts come out.

You missed the text message between smith and his wife about him choking her? Are you brain damaged?

The 11W podcast I've repped before.  These guys have no love for Snook.  They also believe McMurphy did good in breaking the story, but somewhere along the line began insisting upon himself.

They glossed over everything that happened over the weekend, saying it'll have no impact on Urby's fate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

More neg rep that total posts

vqGeMsr.gif

Ojo Rojo, I hear what you're saying, but I've been down the path you're going down and it doesn't end well. 

First, you "incorrectly answer" your wife's questions about whether or not you were out with that whore from the office. 

Then, when she provides evidence confirming your accidental incorrect answer, you point out that it wasn't exactly a lie, because you weren't prepared to answer the question, so it wasn't a fair to expect an honest answer.

Finally, you reassure her that, no matter what may or may not have happened with that whore from the office, you didn't have INTENT for it to happen, so it can't be used against you. 

I also thought that these sound and rational arguments would calm her rage and level heads would prevail.  I guess some angry mobs, and wives, just can't be reasoned with. 

• Like 8

Chicago Tribune doesnt think Urban is gonna get fired.   Maybe a suspension they think

After speaking to a half-dozen figures in the college football industry, I can tell you their expectation is clear: No way Meyer loses his job. Athletic director Gene Smith is a goner. He somehow survived the Jim Tressel tattoo scandal, he always takes the high road and his soft landing figures to include a nice severance package.

The debate is whether Meyer will get suspended.

One athletic director asked, “For what?”

Point being, he apparently did inform his athletic director of the 2015 incident in which Powell, Ohio, police were called to Courtney Smith’s home.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-urban-meyer-ohio-state-investigation-20180814-story.html

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games