2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

advanced analytics and the shift kills a guy like harper, especially in an nl lineup where he's really the only "dangerous" batter (while murphy struggles, etc).  i guarantee you before a weekend series, every pitcher in the other clubhouse knows exactly what the bryce plan is, has discussed it, and has seen video on what to do.  if he played in the 70's, he could've been an all time great.

maybe wherever he goes next will help him make some adjustments.

That is a near AAAA lineup.

With the shape the Rangers staff is in ...and missing Hanels because of the trade...I’d predict the Astros drop half a hundred this weekend if Correa and Tuve were in the lineup.
Our AAAA lineup may still score 4 TDs.

Needless to say, anything less than a sweep would be a huge disappointment

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

With the shape the Rangers staff is in ...and missing Hanels because of the trade...I’d predict the Astros drop half a hundred this weekend if Correa and Tuve were in the lineup.
Our AAAA lineup may still score 4 TDs.

Needless to say, anything less than a sweep would be a huge disappointment

Taking the under and we won't

20 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

did that chevy guy just say veterans were un-remarkable?  it was like he couldn't decide which word to use.

He also said the veteran was thinking about getting the ball over first plate and then they surprised him with the car.  It seemed like the chevy guy was really nervous and also didn't know shit about baseball.

On 7/25/2018 at 10:48 PM, TonyTexas said:

You are one reactionary SOB. 2nd in BA, 4 in runs scored, 5th in OPS. We’re fine.

Are you the same statistics expert that said not to worry about Giles because he is 12/12 on saves? Someone said it earlier. I can see it with my own eyes when I watch the games - Giles sucks. The same goes with the offense - the offense is not fine.

Not much management can do about it other than hope the guys hit like they are capable of.