Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

The bullpen has already been called and the reliever is warm.

You just need to look at Fox News during that break.  It's apparent that Bill Shine called them overnight and let them know Kavanaugh would be pulled.  Now they're just preparing the base for that outcome.

i know it's 2018 and we are through the looking glass and shit, but re-read that last sentence. 

that's a fucking propaganda outfit. that's a description of propaganda.

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

You just need to look at Fox News during that break.  It's apparent that Bill Shine called them overnight and let them know Kavanaugh would be pulled.  Now they're just preparing the base for that outcome.

Can't watch at work, but the website headlines appear to confirm your thesis.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If that's the case, they should do it before Kavanaugh gets in there and embarrasses himself.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Jesus, this isn't hard you fools:  Dump Kavanaugh and nominate Amy Coney Barrett.  This isn't rocket science.

The GOP has become a party of mouth breathing morons. 

I think Hardiman gets 60 votes and is literally the easiest confirmation they could have had. Period.

grassley once again defending himself, against the established procedure. 

whitehouse made a great point about the fbi investigation, and grassley is now trying to explain why they are having this hearing because they went and got in a gotdam hurry to vote this guy in. 

well done, republicans. you got what you wanted. this looks just great.

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

They'd be wise to nominate a woman at this point, but anything is better than this. 

You don't understand how Trump works.  He needs to appease his base of white supremacist misogynists who believe this may be the last chance in a while for a white man to be confirmed.  There's no way Trump nominates a woman or a minority for SCOTUS.  If he decides to throw a real curve ball, it will be Merrick Garland, but he won't, so it will be Hardiman.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Just now, Gil Bang said:

So, she sometimes flies even though she doesn't like to fly.  Is that hard to understand?

i think this line of questioning was directed by republicans. and it's also a disaster.

i think she's going for a medication angle. it's also not going to work.

"you flew an airplane to hawaii, or did you take a canoe?"