Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

14 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

How did BK pay off his $200K credit card debt?

13 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You do realize he is from a wealthy family.  He has been vilified for it for oh, 135 pages now.

How does someone truly wealthy go about having to run up 200k in credit card debt?

Asking for some wealthy asshole I know.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Some dumb fucking Senator thought it would be a good idea to question her fear of flying based on the fact that she flies anyway, because apparently they wanted to make her even more relatable. 

"dr ford, are like hayden horn, and every other denizen of airport bars, and have to be half drunk to get on a plane?"

• Like 3

So the strategy is to accuse Ford of having flown even though she claims it makes her anxious, despite the fact that her appearance has basically been about testifying despite the fact that she was nervous about testifying. Essentially it supports the argument that this isn't about her and that she is reluctantly doing it because it's important.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

OMG she actually said that it's easier for her to fly when it's for vacation.  

My wife is terrified of flying, and deals with it because she wants to go places. Millions of people do. What the fuck was this supposed to prove?

This. Stupid line of questioning is stupid.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

So the strategy is to accuse Ford of having flown even though she claims it makes her anxious, despite the fact that her appearance has basically been about testifying despite the fact that she was nervous about testifying. Essentially it supports the argument that this isn't about her and that she is reluctantly doing it because it's important.

The rubes will point out that she has flown before and now was scared so....it's all a libcuck athiest anuti-american plot so I can sleep soundly tonight in my all white suburb. That's the point.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

It's wild. It also highlights that if she experienced a trauma that creates anxiety, she will fight through it the best she can instead of turtling up and crying, thereby eliminating the argument that if something truly happened, then why was she able to continue to function? Which Ivy Leaguer came up with this line of questioning?

Just now, MidTexHorn said:

My wife hates to fly, absolutely hates it. Freaks out the whole time. But she still flies all of the time with me - has to self medicate to do it though.

Mine too.  A significant portion of airline passengers don't like to fly.  I think someone should ask Mitchell if she has ever been on an airplane or interacted with human beings. 

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

The rubes will point out that she has flown before and now was scared so....it's all a libcuck athiest anuti-american plot so I can sleep soundly tonight in my all white suburb. That's the point.

Right, but the people who are dug in and have chosen to believe Kavanaugh no matter what or not believe Kavanaugh no matter what are irrelevant. There actually are many people watching this and who will hear about it later who wanted to hear the testimony to make up their minds. This is a rare case where the entire American electorate gets to be one huge ass jury, not that we get a direct vote, but because public opinion polling after this is over will be important to what the politicians do.

For those who tried to come into this with an open mind, the airplane line of questioning does nothing but make Ford more relatable. It was a terrible idea.

• Like 1