Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for guaranteeing an obfuscation and probable lie. You deserve a cuff to the face for calling Dr. Ford a whore. You're somewhat revolting.

Never called Dr. Ford a whore.  I called Swetnick a whore and I called Dr. Ford's lawyers whores.   Never commented on Ford herself.

• Fuck You 11

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Wake the fuck up

This.

He's getting confirmed.  None of this charade matters.  Ford could have video proof and a recorded confession made at the time.  It wouldn't matter.  Why?  Because "FUCK YOU, LIBTARDS!"  That's literally our entire governmental ethos now.  No policy, no philosophy, just "FUCK YOU, BECAUSE I CAN!"  And nothing sends that message MORE clearly than doing what you want even in the face of disgustingly compelling evidence to the contrary.

Justice Kavanaugh, coming your way.

• Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

This.

He's getting confirmed.  None of this charade matters.  Ford could have video proof and a recorded confession made at the time.  It wouldn't matter.  Why?  Because "FUCK YOU, LIBTARDS!"  That's literally our entire governmental ethos now.  No policy, no philosophy, just "FUCK YOU, BECAUSE I CAN!"  And nothing sends that message MORE clearly than doing what you want even in the face of disgustingly compelling evidence to the contrary.

Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

I don't think they'll even have a floor vote.

Hell, there might not even be a committee vote.

We shall see.

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

Fox News: testimony was “extremely emotional, raw, and credible.”

That was Chris Wallace. Baier said "it's one thing to read it, but it's very different to hear it"

Wallace also said "this is a disaster for the republicans" and  he's correct (as he usually is)

Edited by Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

They'd lose the Senate if they did.

This.

nope.

they cannot do it. it can't get out of committee. grassley already knows it, and that's why he so mad.

Just now, Stros said:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/two-men-tell-senate-that-they-not-kavanaugh-assaulted-ford/

Two men have come forward to members of the Senate Judiciary Committee to claim that they are the ones who actually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford during a house party in 1982 — and not Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Yeah, she took care of that quite effectively.

2 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I've been an occasional bystander to this thread, silently fuming about the whole thing.  Has Iconoclast reared his nasty, misogynistic head in the past few days?  Wonder how that bastard feels about Kavanaugh now.

I think before his ban he was saying to pull him for Amy Whatsherface.

Edited by SimonBolivar

This.

Sadly true.  If they hadn't already decided they were going to confirm him, they would never have put on this disgusting display in the first instance.  They wouldn't want the spectacle of them going after her on live television unless this was a done deal.

Just now, lemonlime said:

Sadly true.  If they hadn't already decided they were going to confirm him, they would never have put on this disgusting display in the first instance.  They wouldn't want the spectacle of them going after her on live television unless this was a done deal.

This just isn't true. They do not have the votes. If they did, we wouldn't be doing this. They would have already voted.

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

The new revelation about running into Judge at Safeway shortly afterwards seems significant to me.   It reaffirms that she had the right guy in mind at the time and didn't mix up the attackers with other guys. 

It also highlights the dereliction of duty by GOP committee to actually investigate this matter.

• Like 1

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/two-men-tell-senate-that-they-not-kavanaugh-assaulted-ford/

Two men have come forward to members of the Senate Judiciary Committee to claim that they are the ones who actually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford during a house party in 1982 — and not Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Hey guys. I found a picture of these two guys.
3e04fb25751d87dede51c8f9f6e0b1dd.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stros said:

Then subpoena them to testify.

• Like 2

That was Chris Wallace. Baier said "it's one thing to read it, but it's very different to hear it"

Wallace also said "this is a disaster for the republicans" and  he's correct (as he usually is)

And the lady in the middle said it’s hard to imagine that Ford is part of some sort of smear campaign.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

They'd lose the Senate if they did.

I think Dolemite is right: they may also lose it if they don't.  VERY many Republicans held their noses and are going along with the direction of the party for the central reason that they wanted durable control of a surpreme court majority. VERY many Republicans support the GOP primarily because they have demonstrated the power and will to beat Democrats, no matter how ugly. Failing spectacularly just before a midterm would be extremely demoralizing to both of those groups.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's getting confirmed. 

He’s not getting confirmed bro.

The votes are not there. 

No senator wants to answer questions about why they either didn’t believe Dr. Ford or her testimony was irrelevant.

Kavanaugh is toast and everyone knows it except people out of touch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Yup. I remember the Thomas hearings. Anita Hill came off just as credible and competent as Blasey Ford, and it made not one shit. Nothing has changed. Or if it has it's changed to favor Bart O'Kavanaugh types even more.

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i happen to agree with you, and the republicans going to the wall on this is so weird to me.

Go back to why they want this guy so badly. The GOPs need a partisan hack on the SC to give them some sort of edge in the coming criminal proceedings. They know how deep the shit is about to be. We don't know. I truly believe we're watching politicians doing everything they can to survive. The don't care about Roe or conservatism as anything more than a cover story.

How bad must it be that the GOPs want to stand behind a would-be rapist for the Supreme Court?

Fucking bad or, as DOTUS would tweet, NOT GOOD!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

He's not getting confirmed.