Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are he still gets confirmed. Because nothing owns the libs like saying “we don’t give a fuck” and approving him anyway.

Also...I hereby withdraw my name from consideration for a seat on SCOTUS. I never assaulted anyone, but if we’re telling stories of all the otherwise drunken/ stupid shit people did in college, well, the world doesn’t need to hear what all I said about the Aggies at that game in 1990. It was....foul.

They have donors to placate, Brisket. 

There won't be time to put up a new nominee and do hearings and vote before November 6 unless they ram (no pun intended) it through.

If Dems take the House and Senate they won't get their seat. That's all Mitch can think about which is why they are being so crazy. Power power power.

9 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

Believing that Kavanaugh will not testify if given the chance out of fear of a Kamala Harris cross examination is a laughably ridiculous notion that someone who gets all their thoughts from twitter posts might latch on to.  If you are confident that you are right, then let's make a permanent ban wager on whether he testifies or not if given the chance.  

Yeah, I’m going to take a ban bet with an obvious troll that will just create a new username if he loses.

You must think I’m retarded.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nah, I go with the theory that Kav is a lock vote to protect the president. And the GOP is totally and completely owned by Trump. It’s perhaps the most breathtaking display of submission I’ll see in my lifetime.

They don't have the votes to confirm. I don't think it's getting any better.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You really think 51 Senators want their name tied to this shit stain for eternity? 

They’ve been looking for an exit strategy too on Kavanaugh.

The senators either needed ford to come across as crazy this week, or they need an overwhelming amount of info to toss kavanaugh aside.  The one thing they didn’t want is a he said/she said decision as that would be impossible to make a good decision.   

Just now, used2b said:

There won't be time to put up a new nominee and do hearings and vote before November 6 unless they ram (no pun intended) it through.

If Dems take the House and Senate they won't get their seat. That's all Mitch can think about which is why they are being so crazy. Power power power.

McConnell will try to cram it through in a lame duck Senate.  No shame.

• Like 1

Just now, Michael Knight said:

You're gonna get hometown, downtown questions. You'll catch partisan shit. There's gonna be grandstanding. And if they smell blood, if they think you're going down and there's gonna be a kill, you might get what we call corpse fucking. 

Calm down Egan.  

If the repubs confirm Cava no means yes he’s gonna be impeached. The senate will vote to not remove him after a complete shit show of a trial and then the repubs will have to eat a gigantic shit sandwich which is sprinkled in shit sauce. 

At some point they’re gonna realize this is their actual best cast scenario. Or maybe Benedict mitch wont. Fuck it. I’ll pay for his rope. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I’m going to take a ban bet with an obvious troll that will just create a new username if he loses.

You must think I’m retarded.

That could easily be blocked with mod support.  You won't make the bet because some part of your brain recognizes that you don't know what you are talking about and that you make ridiculous claims.

Just now, Incredulity said:

Sounds like Hugo is a chickenshit.

no suprise 

Who cares? People have different opinions, let’s have a death bet about it. Fucking stupid. Be an adult and argue your case. Hugo’s case is three rape accusations will prevent his testimony. Aphelion’s case is... he’s a judge? I guess. 

53 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

You are wrong.  He has said from the beginning that he wants the opportunity to testify to clear his name as soon as possible.  He has not been the cause for any delays nor has he given any ridiculous stipulations for testifying.  He will testify at the first opportunity.   

I'd like to hear more about your thoughts here.  

If there's enough meat on the bones of these allegations, and he had to leave his seat....there's plenty of GOP aligned law firms and consultancy gigs that would gladly toss him a life preserver.  

Then the Breitbarts, the Hannitys, the Sinclairs of our country can go on proclaiming how he was so badly treated by the Democrats and George Soros.  Rinse/repeat.

He still has a lifetime appointment on the DC Circuit

He sounds very eager to discuss these matters in a public forum. 

But Kavanaugh grew frustrated when it came to questions that dug into his private life, particularly his drinking habits and his sexual proclivities, according to three people familiar with the preparations, who requested anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. He declined to answer some questions altogether, saying they were too personal, these people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/incredibly-frustrated-inside-the-gop-effort-to-save-kavanaugh-amid-assault-allegation/2018/09/22/6808baf6-bde0-11e8-b7d2-0773aa1e33da_story.html?utm_term=.629f65ec0c87

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Sounds like Hugo is a chickenshit.

no suprise 

Dude, there's no way for anyone to know how low the Republicans will stoop, Kavanaugh included.  Apheliaon or whatever is offering something he can't back up.  But, he's dug this far so why not keep going.

The two women senators from Alaska and Maine will bail.  There's another guy who has already said he won't vote for him, but for (believe it or not) some other reason.  He can't make it.

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
They lose worse if they proceed. A lot worse. 

That's the calculation they're making. I think he withdraw s but I can see them saying "fuck it, let's lock up the Supreme Court for 20 years. We'll lose the Senate but that's temporary"

Trump cannot afford to lose the Senate.