Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Yes. Nothing matters. 

Edit: In response to Hugo.

Kavanaugh is a coward.  He’s toast, he knows it, and so does the White House. They’ve been telegraphing the exit strategy for days with reports of him buckling under tough questioning.

No way is he walking into a hearing on Thursday to get cross examined by Kamala Harris about all this shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Kavanaugh is a coward.  He’s toast, he knows it, and so does the White House. They’ve been telegraphing the exit strategy for days with reports of him buckling under tough questioning.

No way is he walking into a hearing on Thursday to get cross examined by Kamala Harris about all this shit.

If there is any truth to what is now alleged, kavanaugh will withdraw in the AM.  There will be some excuse about he doesn’t want to drag his family thru this mud.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You are wrong.  He has said from the beginning that he wants the opportunity to testify to clear his name as soon as possible.  He has not been the cause for any delays nor has he given any ridiculous stipulations for testifying.  He will testify at the first opportunity.   

2 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

You are wrong.  He has said from the beginning that he wants the opportunity to testify to clear his name as soon as possible.  He has not been the cause for any delays nor has he given any ridiculous stipulations for testifying.  He will testify at the first opportunity.   

His testimony won't do much to clear his name.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

True.  I’m also not sure that he can leave some of these allegations out there and just go back to the DC circuit court.  Technically he could but practically is another question.

If there's enough meat on the bones of these allegations, and he had to leave his seat....there's plenty of GOP aligned law firms and consultancy gigs that would gladly toss him a life preserver.  

Then the Breitbarts, the Hannitys, the Sinclairs of our country can go on proclaiming how he was so badly treated by the Democrats and George Soros.  Rinse/repeat.

Look, if this guy is blocked from a lifetime appointment to the nation's highest court because of some allegations from the period of his life when he was a big piece of shit, soon nobody who spent long stretches of their lives being big pieces of shit will be able to be appointed for life to interpret the highest law of the land.  Where does it fucking stop.

0a181e7b3361caa902b4a0f01486c68f.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

tenor.gif

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aphelion said:

You're showing your ass by throwing out that line. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

tenor.gif

Believing that Kavanaugh will not testify if given the chance out of fear of a Kamala Harris cross examination is a laughably ridiculous notion that someone who gets all their thoughts from twitter posts might latch on to.  If you are confident that you are right, then let's make a permanent ban wager on whether he testifies or not if given the chance.  

Odds are he still gets confirmed. Because nothing owns the libs like saying “we don’t give a fuck” and approving him anyway.

Also...I hereby withdraw my name from consideration for a seat on SCOTUS. I never assaulted anyone, but if we’re telling stories of all the otherwise drunken/ stupid shit people did in college, well, the world doesn’t need to hear what all I said about the Aggies at that game in 1990. It was....foul.

I’ve known plenty of Kavanaugh type drunk frat guys in my life. And of those guys, none have been accused of the type of crimes he’s being accused of, which are rape. Being drunk and attempting to go to far are one thing. That’s not what he’s been accused of. The allegations against him, which are  allegations, go far beyond just drunken idiocy. They are in fact horrific and are crimes. Which should at least be investigated.

Of course one of the major difference is none of those guys I knew are up for nomination before the US Supreme Court, a very important lifetime appointment. If they had been, I wouldn’t necessarily oppose it based on allegations from the past based on long ago indiscretions, but on the fact that they weren’t qualified. But if they were accused of what Kavanaugh was, I would be very hesitant

Kavenough may be qualified based on his history of being a judge, but if the allegations are true, he is disqualified based on being a potential criminal. 

Politics aside, which in this case is of course impossible, the allegations should be thoroughly investigated. His appointment is simply just too important.

But the party of Trump which used to be the republican party is far too compromised to give a shit about any of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are he still gets confirmed. Because nothing owns the libs like saying “we don’t give a fuck” and approving him anyway.

Also...I hereby withdraw my name from consideration for a seat on SCOTUS. I never assaulted anyone, but if we’re telling stories of all the otherwise drunken/ stupid shit people did in college, well, the world doesn’t need to hear what all I said about the Aggies at that game in 1990. It was....foul.

Bonfire jokes alone would keep me out of any public office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aphelion said:

Believing that Kavanaugh will not testify if given the chance out of fear of a Kamala Harris cross examination is a laughably ridiculous notion that someone who gets all their thoughts from twitter posts might latch on to.  If you are confident that you are right, then let's make a permanent ban wager on whether he testifies or not if given the chance.  

He probably posted that gif because he thinks you're naive to believe his appointment won't be withdrawn before Thursday. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You really think 51 Senators want their name tied to this shit stain for eternity? 

They’ve been looking for an exit strategy too on Kavanaugh.