Inevitable CR Thread About Latest Mass Shooting

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Pretty soon they're going to stop being tragedies altogether. They'll just be something that happens. That's the truly fucked up part. 

Yeah I couldn't come up with more than a generic title for this one. It's all getting to be so ho-hum, and it will be until it happens to us, or we are the ones who survive, and have to carry the weight of seeing brains spattered on floors drenched in blood and the terror of utter helplessness as one of these sick fucks sprays a crowd. 

21 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Eagerly waiting Huckabee tomorrow saying "now is not the time to politicize this tragedy."

When they did nothing all week but politicize the fuck out of the Mollie Tibbetts tragedy. 

SHS is waiting to see the name of the shooter before deciding on the course of action.   

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

SHS is waiting to see the name of the shooter before deciding on the course of action.   

Current reports are that its a white guy, but no name released yet.  Trump and Sanders aren't going to have a large group of "others" to demonize for this one.  If its a disgruntled white gamer, he'll get to be solely responsible for his own actions.

25 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Current reports are that its a white guy, but no name released yet.  Trump and Sanders aren't going to have a large group of "others" to demonize for this one.  If its a disgruntled white gamer, he'll get to be solely responsible for his own actions.

Mental health will be the talking point.

Then they'll do absolutely nothing to fund it

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:
Eagerly waiting Huckabee tomorrow saying "now is not the time to politicize this tragedy."
When they did nothing all week but politicize the fuck out of the Mollie Tibbetts tragedy. 

You are a dog ass Piece of Shit. Just my opinion.

Curious. Why?

Has the right not politicized the death of Tibbetts to the hilt? 

And maybe Sanders won't say that about this shooting...I think the body count has to get into the dozens before we get the "Now is not the time" treatment. 

Curious. Why?
Has the right not politicized the death of Tibbetts to the hilt? 
And maybe Sanders won't say that about this shooting...I think the body count has to get into the dozens before we get the "Now is not the time" treatment. 

You ran to make a thread about a mass shooting without any facts for a start. At least wait until you get one fact to back your agenda.

Why politicize shit just because?

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You know Dotard is excited every time he hears the words 'mass shooting'...just praying (right, lol) that it's a moooooslim...

Hes hoping it's an illegal immigrant Muslim who is a Mexican national. The trifecta. Then he can really cast that large net of blame he so desperately loves to cast. 

25 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

You ran to make a thread about a mass shooting without any facts for a start. At least wait until you get one fact to back your agenda.

Brothahorn, the shit is always bound to get politicized...might as well start this hear and keep as much diarrhea out of the real thread as possible.  My two cents...

Brothahorn, the shit is always bound to get politicized...might as well start this hear and keep as much diarrhea out of the real thread as possible.  My two cents...
While you are right, it just seemed like he was excited to get the clown show started. At least let the bodies cool off before you start worry about what Huckabee is going to say. That goes for both sides.
He's on quite the tear today on the Beto / Cruz thread
Been a minute since I got my politic on. Not my fault people get sensitive over my opinion.

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I've read a lot of the Tibbetts stuff was from Russian bots.  Seriously.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

Why don't you get upset about Trump politicizing violence?  Both sides, right?

• Like 1

Why don't you get upset about Trump politicizing violence?  Both sides, right?
Why do you think I don't? Because I haven't made a thread about it?

If the facts take it there, then by all means have it it. But when you don't have any facts and just want to get the first lick, that's being chickenshit.

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Shooter  might have been involved in this altercation at the tournament yesterday

https://livestreamfails.com/post/27788

I am a fan of a 1 week waiting cooling off period. Seems like common sense.

I'm also a fan of a massive voluntary multi-round (not capacity, increasing the $ offer) gun buy back program.

Edited by JohnnyRage

This is what I want to know from the "don't politicize this tragedy" crowd. What other thing besides politics is supposed to magically swoop in and cure our epidemic of gun violence? At this point, if it's not politics that's going to fix this, then what is?

"Don't politicize this tragedy" is a politician's jedi mind trick forcing you into not getting mad at him for having abdicated his duties as an elected official.

6 minutes ago, ndawg said:

This is what I want to know from the "don't politicize this tragedy" crowd. What other thing besides politics is supposed to magically swoop in and cure our epidemic of gun violence? At this point, if it's not politics that's going to fix this, then what is?

"Don't politicize this tragedy" is a politician's jedi mind trick forcing you into not getting mad at him for having abdicated his duties as an elected official.

Yep. Plus every other type of tragedy is politicized almost instantly. 911 gets us two wars, a brand new cabinet level dept, and restrictions on our rights. Every other terrorist act or attempted act causes policy changes on the fly. Shoes off, laptop out.  OKC happens, rental trucks and fertilizer purchases are monitored and flagged. A chemical spill occurs? New regulations are put in place to lower the chance of it happening again. A kid drowns in a backyard pool? We add fencing regulation. A restaurant is spreading food borne illness?  We shut it down instantly. 

On every other possible tragedy, not only do we not wait, we act as rapidly as possible to prevent reoccurrence.

But someone shoots up a place? Too soon. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

I missed the OP’s Politics thread about the 66 shot and 12 dead in Chicago a few weekends ago.

Chicago's murder rate is nothing new, lower than those of eight or ten other American cities (per capita), and not even at its highest historical level -- 970 were killed in 1974.  Frankly I don't know why people freak out about Chicago's periodic flareups while ignoring similar carnage in other cities. 

14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Chicago's murder rate is nothing new, lower than those of eight or ten other American cities (per capita), and not even at its highest historical level -- 970 were killed in 1974.  Frankly I don't know why people freak out about Chicago's periodic flareups while ignoring similar carnage in other cities. 

I know why.

• Like 2